social probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

gotsomewu

need some advise on this situation -- went to a large university on the west coast. ****ed up in a science class by collaborating on a physics lab with another student and was pulled up by the student honor society. basically got a F in the lab and a year of social probation (go figure). Funny thing is I got a A in the class and the prof has even agreed to write a reco without mentioning any **** as he does not think I cheated.
Anyways, should I mention this as an ACADEMIC violation or a disciplinary violation on my dental school applications?
Do dental school check back with undergrad schools after admission? how should i deal with this situation? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
It is necessary to use profanity?
Tim.

Hi TheBeyonder,

Profanity, foul language, malicious attacks on others, slang, unruly topics and any other unprofessional or inappropriate issues are OKAY within the pre-dental and dental forums. Did you not know? I thought you would have figured it out by now. As covered within the SDN User Agreement that we ALL agreed to when creating our screen names, all the above issues are not allowed within the SDN forums, HOWEVER it seems that both the pre-dental and dental forums have somehow become immune to the guidelines and regulations set forth in the SDN User Agreement. You see, I have written to our moderator Dr. Richard Scherf a few different times regarding inappropriate conduct within these dental forums and he has decided to pretend that the problem does not exist. Hence, unprofessoinal and inappropriate conduct has gone completely UNCENSORED in this part of SDN. In other words, anything goes in these forums! So let's crack open the beer, light up the joint, bring out the dancing women and disco ball and let's let LOOSE people. It's PARTY TIME!!

Well, unless you guys are agreeable to do one of two things. ONE, we get someone to help Dr. Scherf with his moderating capabilities since he seems to be incapable of controlling unruly conduct in these forums or TWO, we replace him, as he seems to be non-existent anyway.

And lastly, as a dentist with years of experience, I really wonder why Dr. Scherf has not put forth any efforts to provide helpful advice to struggling pre-dents or dental students? Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, my vote is to give Dr. Scherf the BOOT!

Racerdude

jeez guy..
it seems like you are in stage two of a coup d'etat or something..
lol

if i remember correctly, arent you an entering dental student?

do you think you'll have time to study, practice pre-clinical exercises AND moderate?

hmmm..

:)

Originally posted by RacerDude2249:
•Hi TheBeyonder,

Profanity, foul language, malicious attacks on others, slang, unruly topics and any other unprofessional or inappropriate issues are OKAY within the pre-dental and dental forums. Did you not know? I thought you would have figured it out by now. As covered within the SDN User Agreement that we ALL agreed to when creating our screen names, all the above issues are not allowed within the SDN forums, HOWEVER it seems that both the pre-dental and dental forums have somehow become immune to the guidelines and regulations set forth in the SDN User Agreement. You see, I have written to our moderator Dr. Richard Scherf a few different times regarding inappropriate conduct within these dental forums and he has decided to pretend that the problem does not exist. Hence, unprofessoinal and inappropriate conduct has gone completely UNCENSORED in this part of SDN. In other words, anything goes in these forums! So let's crack open the beer, light up the joint, bring out the dancing women and disco ball and let's let LOOSE people. It's PARTY TIME!!

Well, unless you guys are agreeable to do one of two things. ONE, we get someone to help Dr. Scherf with his moderating capabilities since he seems to be incapable of controlling unruly conduct in these forums or TWO, we replace him, as he seems to be non-existent anyway.

And lastly, as a dentist with years of experience, I really wonder why Dr. Scherf has not put forth any efforts to provide helpful advice to struggling pre-dents or dental students? Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, my vote is to give Dr. Scherf the BOOT!

Racerdude•