Solutions or no solutions while doing question packs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

@Hazel-rah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When doing question packs, I like to have the solutions On, so I can get immediate feedback of whether I got the question right and analyze any errors in my thinking right away.

What do others do and why? I'm just curious to hear similar or other perspectives. I'm specifically referring to the AAMC question packs.

Members don't see this ad.

I tend to be the same way. I prefer to have instant feedback. I didn't turn the solutions on when I was studying through those question packs, though. I went back through them very carefully when I was finished with a set, but I wanted to practice reasoning through them without any feedback. And practice going with my gut and sitting in the discomfort of having to mark an answer I was unsure about. I feel like it helped me on test day to avoid deliberating too long on things.

Reactions: 1 user
Solutions on is fine. It gives you feedback on whether you're thinking in the right way and lets you catch on quickly if you're reading the passage incorrectly. But just know this will inflate your level of progress because you might get more questions right just because you realized something from reading the explanation to the question(s) before.

I went for a middle-ground approach: I turned solutions on, but I only checked them after I completed the passage. That way, I could immediately get feedback on my questions and still have the passage context and my thought processes fresh in my memory. At the same time, I wouldn't get an "unfair advantage" like @aldol16 mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
When doing question packs, I like to have the solutions On, so I can get immediate feedback of whether I got the question right and analyze any errors in my thinking right away.

What do others do and why? I'm just curious to hear similar or other perspectives. I'm specifically referring to the AAMC question packs.

I have not seen the Q packs. Can they be used to simulating the test, or are they just standalone questions?

i used the solutions and gotta 518. point being it doesnt matter as long as u can reason it out by urself before test day