something you can add to your CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axm397

SDN Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you looking for something to add to your CV, how about "Chair of Ride for Rehab project" at your residency program? If you are at all contemplating applying to fellowships, many of the MSK fellowship directors and attending physicians know about and are even participating in the ride this year. By spearheading a fundraising effort at your residency program, you will be able to display leadership and concern about the future of our field while raising funds for a much deserving cause.

Info: http://www.foundationforpmr.org/rfr/rideforrehab.html

And if your program wins the competition, you even get bragging rights and a chance to network with Dr. Joel Press, the Academy president and a "name" in the field of MSK PM&R!

pm me if you want more info or just to tell me about efforts at your institution!

AND - if you are a motivated med student - you can support your own institution if it has a PM&R dept, or choose to affiliate with a program of choice (hint - good networking opportunity)!

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like a horrible reason to organize a fundraiser (to boost your cv).

people should participate in this because they want to (not to boost their cv, which it wont, it sounds like a lot of fluff)

sounds like a horrible reason to organize a fundraiser (to boost your cv).

people should participate in this because they want to (not to boost their cv, which it wont, it sounds like a lot of fluff)

agreed - of course ideally, I would want people to organize a fundraiser out of sheer goodness of their hearts - BUT - if people need extra motivation, here's another reason. It won't be fluff if you actually do a lot - I know someone who is organizing a fundraising concert. Will he have something to talk about with MSK/sports fellowship directors during fellowship interviews? yeah, definitely. PM&R is a SMALL field and everyone knows everyone. A lot of MSK/sports people know about ride for rehab and many of them are joining Dr. Press on the ride. So if you bring it up during your interview, would it help? it can't hurt. If you are applying to RIC for fellowship will it help? probably

http://ride4rehab.blogspot.com/