Somnia and Long Beach

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siednarb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this take over in Long Beach?

Members don't see this ad.

Likely the worst AMC out there.
I know as I have direct contacts with individuals who worked for them.

Run.

Can we expect input from either of the posters who have recently summarized the practice groups surrounding Long Beach?

Do I understand correctly that another private practice group has been kicked out by an Anesthesia Management Company?? I take it many on this board will be happy that Envision did not win the contract. Somnia also has St. Bernadine's in San Bernadino (which, like St. Mary's, is a Dignity Facility), so I guess they had the inside track.

The physicians previously at St. Mary's have my sympathies. I will stand with them in solidarity if they walk en masse rather than rollover and become Somnia cogs. (Then again, I will understand that they gots bills ta pay.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Likely the group knew the end was near but failed to prepare (inertia). Souring relations with Administration is an ominous sign and as a PP group you have NO leverage in negotiations. Because of Ego and Pride most don't realize this till it's too late.

Time to go through the classic stages of Grief:

Denial (No way we just lost our contract, an AMC will never succeed here)

Anger (But we did such a great job for so long..how could they just replace us?)

Bargaining (Well, maybe it'll be ok and we can negotiate our previous Salary)

Depression (We never had any Value..Good Will and Community ties mean nothing)

Acceptance (The AMC and Administration will not hesitate to harm patients. Surgeons and Patients will get accustomed to ****ty Anesthesia and we will be soon forgotten).

Hopefully I sped it up for them.

Reactions: 1 users