Sooooooo... basically, 3rd year sux assballs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd really find something better to do with your time than drudge up my old posts.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd really find something better to do with your time than drudge up my old posts.
If you pay for a subscription, you can delete old posts (and threads) rather than just deleting what's in the posts, leaving everything else behind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't need luck. I've got skills. Intern-like skills. Moreover, feeling good about myself isn't contingent upon insulting others.

This has been quite an entertaining battle, but there is no way anyone can side with you when you make comments like that about yourself.

Too funny.

Honestly I think she applied to mph during her LOA, but it's still pretty funny.

At this point i've just decided to let her be, if anything it's sad, like making fun of someone with Down's syndrome...

That doesn't explain saying "could of" instead of the correct "could've." That one seems to be such a foreign concept to so, so many.

It also doesn't explain the word "got." There was so much huh? in that sentence.

I never saw that one. :thumbup:

To add to the original post, I'm actually really enjoying interviewing patients and running through a focused PE and trying to come up with a plan; feeling like a doctor. I abhored MS1/2 and came out incredibly cynical and burnt out. I'm only 3 wks in, but am incredibly happy to be out of the library.

However, I'm on FM rotation right now, so I'm sure I'll have some ups and downs come the harder rotations. I still think it beats inefficient lectures, simulated patients, and getting harassed about our attendance not being professional on a daily basis. Haven't had to write any reflections on how my rotation makes me feel inside yet either :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Didn't know you could say assballs on SDN. Good to know for later.

I just about died laughing at this. +1 Interwebs

To be on topic, I just started M4 two weeks ago (surgery AI). I had a great time third year on all but one of my rotations - I learned a ton, and worked incredibly hard. But it was overall a great experience. I'm glad I don't have to do it again, because the cyclic nature of finally getting comfortable on a service and then switching to something new only to feel like a clueless n00b again is really frustrating.

Now seeing all the M3s starting their rotations, it makes me realize just how far we've all come in that one year, and how much we learn over its course. Really puts third year into perspective, and it's very, very rewarding.

As far as hierarchy, I also feel as an AI that I'm treated differently by residents. As others have said, we don't report to the interns, we report to the senior on the team. From a hierarchical perspective, I feel I'm treated more on the level of the intern than on the level of the M3. It's a nice feeling, and it's nice to see the pimping questions are at a bit of a different level. I can see why people always say M4 is such a great year.. Especially after finally finishing M3.

I was really worried about starting 3rd year but I LOVE IT. It is probably team dependent. I got a team of really chill people. I am probably the most uptight of the group. rotating in IM.