South College of phamacy TN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi PharmDGirl,

I was wondering if you know whether any of those apartments you mentioned have laundry machine and dryer in the individual rooms? Thanks!

I am not sure, if I had to guess most of them do not. The ones that might would be Walkers Crossing and The Reserve at Westland. I know The Woodlands has a washer and dryer, it costs a little over 1,000 a month there for 2 bedroom. But it is loud there because its full of UT students.

Members don't see this ad.

Dean Assistants gave us a tour which lasted about 15 minutes.

I was quite nervous before the interview, but it was one of the most easiest and actually fun. They made me feel very relaxed. It lasted about 20-25 minute. The pharmacist and the professor who interviewed me talked more then me. It was more like a conversation with a friend.
Its a private school. 3 year accelerated pharm. D program. All the staff and faculty were Fabulous. TUITION is pretty high.($39,000).

Essay question was not that bad. I only wrote a paragraph and took about 10 minutes to do so. There were lots of students taking all of 30 minutes and wrote like 1 whole page (OVERACHIEVERS :p ).

Last but not least, dean and professors talked about what they offer and what it would be like for 3 years in school. We were given opportunities to ask question as well. Honestly this was one of the easiest interview, and you shouldn't even waste your time preparing for it. You will not even know that 3 hours passed by.

Your interview sounds exactly like mine. Glad you enjoyed it!

Members don't see this ad :)
What is everybody's opinion about this school? Have many people gotten accepted?

I absolutely LOVE this school and the city of Knoxville in general! I'm so excited to be a part of the inaugural class at South :)

I have begun looking at apartments near the campus and am overwhelmed with the number of options we have available, and that too, for a relatively reasonable price. Have any of you actually decided where you will be staying for certain yet?

I absolutely LOVE this school and the city of Knoxville in general! I'm so excited to be a part of the inaugural class at South :)

I have begun looking at apartments near the campus and am overwhelmed with the number of options we have available, and that too, for a relatively reasonable price. Have any of you actually decided where you will be staying for certain yet?

not sure yet, i only looked at one apartment complex while i was out there for interview. What are some other ones?

I can't wait to meet everyone and I'm sure the next 3 years will be great!

Bumping this to see if there is any other information about the school. Also I'm planning to apply for the upcoming cycle... anyone else?

Wow, how upsetting for students that have already been admitted! But hopefully they can work out the kinks and be ready to go next fall...

I plan on applying here. Does anyone know when they are going to begin classes for the admitted students? Any new updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they have a meeting with the ACPE board in Jan and if they are granted pre-candidate status they will start classes then.

Also for those of us applying here their supplemental application wont be out until this meeting in Jan, if they are granted pre-candidate status. At least thats what is says on PharmCAS :shrug:

I plan on applying here. Does anyone know when they are going to begin classes for the admitted students? Any new updates?
I reallly had doubts when i interviewed at this school.New Pharmacy schools normally don't start interviews unless they have a precandidate status which made me skeptical...but if you plan on applying there..i'd say try your luck because they might still have the currently admitted students meaning a very little chance for new sits...Luckily i changed my mind and decided to do medicine otherwise i would have been set back a year or so did i go to this school

Apparently this school received a good report from the last ACPE meeting. Projected start date for the first class is sometime in Feb. 2012.

What are Stats for those who have applied and got accepted ??

Anyone ??

~ Thanks

GPA around 3.4.. PCAT over all score was pretty low.. except for biology (around 80) and decent in Chemistry. I think the thing that helped the most was having A's in Organic I&II. I had some pharmacy shadowing experience.

Last edited:
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Anyone else applied or got accepted? please share your stats. :D

Had my interview yesterday (Jan 13th) and got a phone call just a few hours later to tell me I was accepted. Thought that was crazy. I'm one happy girl though. I do have five other interviews though, so I am not certain yet if I will definitely be attending.

Will this make it harder to get in? Anyone got accepted please chime in and share your stats and experience

Has anyone else been accepted? I haven't gotten my formal paperwork or any info since they earned accreditation. (the 23rd). I know the inaugural class is starting on the 20th of February. So the school is definitely busy getting them their info.

My stats are 3.2 gpa, PCAT 58, B.S. in Biology, with four years experience in retail pharmacy.

Has anyone else been accepted? I haven't gotten my formal paperwork or any info since they earned accreditation. (the 23rd). I know the inaugural class is starting on the 20th of February. So the school is definitely busy getting them their info.

My stats are 3.2 gpa, PCAT 58, B.S. in Biology, with four years experience in retail pharmacy.

Are you in the 2014 class or 2015 class?

Are you in the 2014 class or 2015 class?
Well, I guess both classes are going to be class of 2015 but I was accepted to the 2nd class, not the inaugural class. I received a phone call from Dr. Tarrants on the 13th saying I had been accepted and that they would contact me with further information after their accreditation meeting on the 23rd. Well, today is the 31st and I have not heard a thing. But, according to the inaugural class's Facebook group, they are receiving lots of correspondence from them, as they are starting their first day of class on February 20th. I was just wondering if anyone else has been accepted and if so, have you received any formal e-mails or letters regarding your acceptance?

Well, I guess both classes are going to be class of 2015 but I was accepted to the 2nd class, not the inaugural class. I received a phone call from Dr. Tarrants on the 13th saying I had been accepted and that they would contact me with further information after their accreditation meeting on the 23rd. Well, today is the 31st and I have not heard a thing. But, according to the inaugural class's Facebook group, they are receiving lots of correspondence from them, as they are starting their first day of class on February 20th. I was just wondering if anyone else has been accepted and if so, have you received any formal e-mails or letters regarding your acceptance?

I am in the inaugural class and yes we are getting tons of info from them so I'm sure that is why its taking a while to get your stuff. I know they are really busy trying to get our orientation worked out (Feb15-17). I think it took about a 1-2 weeks after they called me to receive my official letter and packet but I also live in Tennessee.. so if you live out of state I'm sure it will take longer. I don't remember getting a formal email .. just a packet that will come in the mail with the official letter along with your deposit form, health forms, drug testing info.. those kinds of things. I will say that if you haven't had your Hep B shots.. start them now. There has been some confusion about our health forms so maybe they are trying to revise them for 2015 class before sending them out. (My class is still considered 2014, bc we grad in Dec. of 2014). If you have any questions or anything.. let me know. If not, hope to see you when your class starts :)

Any updates? for those got accepted would you please share your stats?

Just got an interview today by phone! I just added the school Saturday to pharmcas, havent even recieced the supplemental yet...needless to say quite surprised by this!

Any interview advice or tips? Thanks!

Just got an interview today by phone! I just added the school Saturday to pharmcas, havent even recieced the supplemental yet...needless to say quite surprised by this!

Any interview advice or tips? Thanks!

who called you ? is it Ralph Gillespie? I got a voicemail from him, and was trying to call him back but haven't reach him yet.

Has anybody else been accepted for Class of 2015? I just sent in my deposit. I'm so excited! Can someone that is Facebook savvy please make a group on FB for us all to join? I would do it but I haven't a clue how. I'm so excited to meet everyone!

who called you ? is it Ralph Gillespie? I got a voicemail from him, and was trying to call him back but haven't reach him yet.

Yes I got the call from Ralph Gillespie.

Okay so I just figured out the group thing on Facebook, so I made us a group. It is called South College School of Pharmacy Knoxville, Tennessee Class of 2015. Please join so we can all start getting to know each other!! :)

I have an interview on March 23. Anybody else planning on interviewing that day?? Those that have already interviewed, how many applicants were at your interview?

I have an interview on March 23. Anybody else planning on interviewing that day?? Those that have already interviewed, how many applicants were at your interview?

They try to keep the interview groups small. They said they usually have no more than 10 on any given day. Today there was 7 interviewing.

They try to keep the interview groups small. They said they usually have no more than 10 on any given day. Today there was 7 interviewing.
That's good to know. Any questions caught you off guard, or were they all pretty standard? Also, did they have much to say about how classes were going so far. Expected obstacles in accreditaion? (I understand that South has been granted pre status, just curious if they have mentioned anything else).

Sorry for all of the questions! I'm just traveling a long ways for the interview, and want to have all of my questions lined up before I get there.

That's good to know. Any questions caught you off guard, or were they all pretty standard? Also, did they have much to say about how classes were going so far. Expected obstacles in accreditaion? (I understand that South has been granted pre status, just curious if they have mentioned anything else).

Sorry for all of the questions! I'm just traveling a long ways for the interview, and want to have all of my questions lined up before I get there.

No I really felt that this interview was really easy compared to my other interviews. The questions were standard questions like "Why pharmacy." As for classes, they pretty much just started this week so not much news. I did talk to one student and she seemed really happy with the faculty and school so far.

As for accreditation they were open about it and would answer any questions regarding it. I do not see it being an issue.

Okay so I tried to make a group on FB but apparently wound up making a "page" instead of a group, so I just deleted the whole thing. Anyone who knows how and what to do to make a group on FB for us please do... I'm just not great at these things. I can't wait to meet all of you!

Thank you! I'm very nervous right now. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Good luck to all of us!!!

Thank you! I'm very nervous right now. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Good luck to all of us!!!

Yeah thanks let us know how It goes and please do tell what essay topic you get ? And also does anyone know how many applicants are they planning to accept this year ??

Yeah thanks let us know how It goes and please do tell what essay topic you get ? And also does anyone know how many applicants are they planning to accept this year ??

I was told that they were planning on accepting roughly 75.

Wow so I think there is still a chance !! Does anyone know when is the last day of the interview sessions ? Or until when are interviews going to be conducted until march-April-may ??

I have finally successfully created a Class of 2015 FB group. It is called South College School of Pharmacy Class of 2015. Please add yourself as soon as you know you are accepted so we can all get to know each other!

Good luck to all who have interviews this week!

Did anyone interview on the 2nd ??? Please give me some feedbacks.......

Thanks !! :xf:

So, the interview was super EASY! Please don't stress out about it. Trust me, you will regret if you worry too much or over- prepare. I was prepared and practiced answers for over 100 questions that I have collected online, but none of those questions popped up during my interview. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. It was just like any other conversation you would have with your friends, professors...they asked me about my education, classes, job, extracurricular activities, future goals, and of course why pharmacy? why south college? Don't be nervous, sleep well the night before, and eat breakfast! (I was sick, had a stuffy nose, and kind of lost my voice. I was nervous and so worried that I only got 2 hours of sleep, and didn't even had breakfast. I got really really hungry during my interview :( ) The essay topic is about pharmacist prescribing...are you against it or not? I hope this will help you guys.