Special Master's Program vs Post Bacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which program should i choose with my stats?

• Temple CST ACHS Pre-Dental Post Bacc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temple Kornberg's School of Dentistry Post Bacc program

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Georgetown/George Mason George Squared Program + Masters in Physiology

• Agnes Scott Masters in Medical Sciences

• Chatham University Masters in Biomedical Sciences

• Kansas City University Masters in Biomedical Sciences

• Nova Southeastern Masters in Biomedical Sciences

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dententhusiast

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so more background I just really need help deciding on what to next in my dental journey. A little information on me, I graduated in May 2021 with a degree in Public Health and Biology minor. I had a rough start in college creating my low gpa. My science gpa is a 3.02 and my overall gpa is a 3.34. I have been being a dental assistant after graduation so tons of hours in clinic, lots of volunteer hours. I have not yet taken my DAT because i want to use the prep in each program to help me! I have applied to several different programs, consisting of temple cst achs program (waiting to hear back), temple's kornberg post bacc program (waiting to hear back), agnes scott masters in medical sciences program (accepted), chatham university masters in biomedical sciences program (accepted), Georgetown/George Mason G2 (accepted and would mostly do the masters in physiology, kansas city masters in biomedical sciences (waiting to hear back), nova southeastern university masters in biomedical sciences (waiting to hear back). I do not know with my stats if I should do a masters program or a post bacc program, I know with post bacc the grades will be factored into my undergrad gpa compared to masters it would be its on set of gpa bc they are grad level courses. I am very torn and just want to make the right decision to get me closer to getting into dental school. Any suggestions or feedback would be great. Another thing is majority of these programs price wise are around the same except for the G2 progam if i decided to get the masters in physio would be a little more expensive like 55k :( but i know a dentist personally who did the program and accredits getting into dental school from the program! So any recommendations please send them my way thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

So I just heard back from Temple's ACHS program, one of the perks I like about the program is that it has a specific pre dental pathway which is really nice and they have rotations at a local clinic!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess you need to be more specific where you need help. What are your most important concerns?
Well I think for me my important concerns would just be i want to display i can handle upper level rigorous science courses and all of the programs have dat prep assistance! another resource would be help with learning how to study if that makes sense as well! as far as shadow and clinical experience i think i have enough as it is because i’ve been a dental assistant for 6 months.

If you are already a dental assistant, what clinical experience do you need? Can your supervising dentists help?

Obviously these programs should provide some structure for learning skills to help with the classes you take. I hope there are people who have gone to these programs to provide input.

Yes, they have been helping. I would say my primarily thing strengthening my science gpa! i have reached out to a bunch of people who have been in the programs as well!