specific name for metatarsal fracture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Severyn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work for an orthopaedeic surgeon and I have just finished high school. Today, my surgeon was picking my brain and was telling me about a foot fracture we had in the office. It was a Lisfranc fracture, but then he started asking me about a different fracture in a different spot, like in the metatarsal shaft (I think?). The name start with maybe a ch- or sh-. In know he is going to ask me again and I can not find it anywhere! It is killing me! Can someone please help me with the name of this mystery fracture?!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you considered a shaft fracture?

- Bryan

I work for an orthopaedeic surgeon and I have just finished high school. Today, my surgeon was picking my brain and was telling me about a foot fracture we had in the office. It was a Lisfranc fracture, but then he started asking me about a different fracture in a different spot, like in the metatarsal shaft (I think?). The name start with maybe a ch- or sh-. In know he is going to ask me again and I can not find it anywhere! It is killing me! Can someone please help me with the name of this mystery fracture?!
Chopart's fracture?

Members don't see this ad :)

Some other metatarsal type fracture names include:

March fracture = stress fracture of the metatarsal bones
Jones fracture = fracture of the fifth metatarsal base

I know that neither of these fracture names begin with ch or sh.