Specific program question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExperiencedDPM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone recently asked me about the residency at Jewish Hospital-Mercy Health in Ohio. I actually know nothing about the program and was wondering if anyone was able to give me some info.

Please let me know the good, the bad and the ugly if you know anything.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably should be posted here:

Someone recently asked me about the residency at Jewish Hospital-Mercy Health in Ohio. I actually know nothing about the program and was wondering if anyone was able to give me some info.

Please let me know the good, the bad and the ugly if you know anything.

Thanks

I went there as a student about 6-7 years ago and at the time it was very good experience. The residents were very independent - rounded on their own in the AM and saw their own patients in clinic (clinic was only on certain days). There were a lot of cases/attendings. It seemed like each resident got to cover at least one/multiple cases per day (no double scrubbing). They also had the opportunity to go out to private practices in the area. Dr Copeland was very nice. It was definitely one of my favorite programs that I visited. Not sure how much has changed since then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
one of my friends was good not great student. did residency there. now probably one the best trained and smartest guys I know. doing big cases in private practice.

Reactions: 1 users
It used to be run by Dr. Copeland who is an amazing surgeon and podiatrist. I don’t recognize any of the attendings there now. I rotated through there as a student 7 years ago just about.

Reactions: 1 users