Speed Lecture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qw098

zyzzbrah
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious... what's the max you've listened to your lectures at, and what's the average speed you listen to them at?

1.5x? 2x? 2.5x? 3x? or more :cyclops:

Members don't see this ad.

Highly lecturer dependent. My baseline was 1.5 but often I would kick that up to 2x with an occasional 2.5 for those very-old-should-have-retired-did-he-just-fall-asleep? dinosaurs.

Of course you'll have a guest lecturer with a strong accent that I struggle with and even have to slow it down.

Reactions: 1 user
I maxed out at 2x because the application I was using on my ipad couldn't do any faster. But 2.5 was still understandable for most lecturers when I tried on VLC player on my PC.

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually go for 1.5 for the average lecturer, but sometimes they gift us with a slow speaker and I can just go 2x and bang that thing out in half an hour.

1.5x baseline.
2x when lecturer is well-anunciated, slow, or tangential.

Highest ever has probably been 2.3x, when going over a lecture for the 3rd or 4th time.

Max was 4x ....very slow speaker, very deep voice, enunciated his words very well and the subject wasn't complex.

Lowest was ~1.8x ... fast speaker with heavy accent (not much to work with).

Average is prob 2.5x

X2-3. Can't hang with the big boys at x4 yet..

My baseline is X2 for the first time watching lectures - that being said I always watch lectures multiple times. Max I have ever watched lectures at is X4 on a 3rd/4th viewing (very slow speaker who tended to slow down even more when something was important)

2x is the max because it won't let me go higher. I pretty much stick to 2x unless I need to take a bunch of notes for a slide. Then I slow it down to 1.5x.

2x is the max because it won't let me go higher. I pretty much stick to 2x unless I need to take a bunch of notes for a slide. Then I slow it down to 1.5x.

Download and watch on vlc
Personally I like gom player because you can fine adjust the speed with your keyboard, haven't figured out how to change it on vlc without clicking the options at the menu on the top

http://www.enounce.com/myspeed

I bought this program that lets me watch any online video (including our lectures+youtube) at anywhere between .5-X4 speed. When you install it a little window pops up on your browser with a sliding bar that adjusts the speed of any video being played. I believe there is a 30 day free trail.

Reactions: 1 users

I bought this program that lets me watch any online video (including our lectures+youtube) at anywhere between .5-X4 speed. When you install it a little window pops up on your browser with a sliding bar that adjusts the speed of any video being played. I believe there is a 30 day free trail.

Totally legit.

Used it since start of MS1... Recorder shows well over 500 hours saved to date.

Personally I like gom player because you can fine adjust the speed with your keyboard, haven't figured out how to change it on vlc without clicking the options at the menu on the top

We can't download the lectures. Someone was caught doing it earlier in the year and got into some **** for it.

You're a beautiful person.:love:

Reactions: 1 user

These keyboard keys: [ ]

[ = slow down
] = speed up

[ is found next to the "P" key on the keyboard.
] is adjacent to the "[" key.

How are you guys taking notes? Anything above 2x I can't write or type fast enough

I don't take a lot of notes to begin with but If I do want to write/type something I just pause the video