Video Lecture Resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jg4001

JohnDO
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up guys! I am a first year medical student at a DO with self directed studying. I have been using Costanzo for physiology but I honestly HATE reading that book. I am looking for a video lecture series for videos that covers materials to the same depth as costanzo. Not really looking for board review videos but more of like explanations and in depth so I can develop a good understanding before I study for boards. Side note, I also use boards and beyond for when I am reviewing the material a second time around. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations.

Sources: I've Tried and Don't like: Ninja Nerd(way too detailed), Dr. Najeeb(way too long), BRS Physiology(not enough explanation), Costanzo (explanations suck).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second giving Physeo a shot. Might be the happy medium you're looking for. Haven't used it myself, but from what I hear, it's definitely been giving BnB a run for it's money.

Reactions: 1 users
sqadia's guyton and hall lectures Physiology then physeo for second pass. Kaplan qbank phys and pathophys sections. Good luck! the annoying thing about the sqadia lectures is that the lecturers seem confused though. I really prefer Constanzo.

edit: no, nevermind, the sqadia lectures are awful. i had watched some helpful ones, but realize now its not cohesive as a whole

Last edited:
I said physeo on your other thread without even reading this one. Good to see that some MD counterparts agree. I personally loved reading costanzo

Reactions: 1 user
sqadia's guyton and hall lectures Physiology then physeo for second pass. Kaplan qbank phys and pathophys sections. Good luck! the annoying thing about the sqadia lectures is that the lecturers seem confused though. I really prefer Constanzo.

edit: no, nevermind, the sqadia lectures are awful. i had watched some helpful ones, but realize now its not cohesive as a whole
What a roller coaster ride haha, I appreciate the input and I will check it out!

Reactions: 1 user