Spreadin' the Love: Your Fave 5 SDNers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I rarely walk near moving cars. Where I live and where I work both have attached garages and my spot is right near the door at both.

How about close calls with moving people, bicycles, psychopaths on longboards, etc..?

Members don't see this ad.

Impressive. Plenty of all those things where I live, so walking and doing anything on a cell phone simultaneously is asking for it (it = wide variety of painful circumstances).

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct.

You are my favorite pre-banned SDNer.
Lawld, just one example of why you make my list, and I just knew this would become his new signature.

LizzyM
Winged Scapula
TheProwler
NickNaylor
Sinuous Sausage (If only you read our PMs or his Texas thread posts, dude is the funniest "cork" [inside joke] I've ever met on SDN.)

In my defense, I only qualified why they'd be my favorite, even if it is a bit backwards. Never said anything about my least favorite, which really don't exist.

*You* may not have said anything about "least favorite" but that's a direct quote from the phrase used by others above.

Inherent within this post is some validity. However it's really hard to ignore the fact there are some users on here who are extremely discouraging and disrespectful to theirs fellow users, and others who become a nuisance for other legitimate reasons. Hence, they develop the "certainly not a favorite reputation."

Call them out I say!

Of course there are users who are discouraging and disrespectful; you'll get no argument from me there.

However, by "calling them out":

- users are violating the Terms of Service which expressly addresses being courteous and the use of the Report Post function when faced with unpleasant users;

- users are creating a hostile environment which has lead to the unsavory reputation that SDN has amongst many in the medical field; it saddens and frustrates those of us who have worked so hard on it for 15 years

- users are debasing themselves, the forum and SDN by stooping to their level.

When faced with a user who is not making a positive contribution (see the TOS again), please use the Report Post function and allow staff to take care of it. Other options:

- place that user on your Ignore List
- simply fail to respond to said user (most trolls only get worked up if they have an audience)
- politely redirect them

Finally, "call out" threads (ie, making a list of least favorite SDNers) is a violation of the SDN tenets about harassing other users. Besides, its just not very nice.

I'm human and enjoy venting about some of our more tedious members as well but turning SDN into The Princeton Review (they were the most active pre-med forums before we crushed them; largely because their unmoderated/loosely moderated style allowed trolls to flourish and it became wholy unwelcoming to everyone else) or 4chan isn't going to serve anyone well.

*You* may not have said anything about "least favorite" but that's a direct quote from the phrase used by others above.

Of course there are users who are discouraging and disrespectful; you'll get no argument from me there.

However, by "calling them out":

- users are violating the Terms of Service which expressly addresses being courteous and the use of the Report Post function when faced with unpleasant users;

- users are creating a hostile environment which has lead to the unsavory reputation that SDN has amongst many in the medical field; it saddens and frustrates those of us who have worked so hard on it for 15 years

- users are debasing themselves, the forum and SDN by stooping to their level.

When faced with a user who is not making a positive contribution (see the TOS again), please use the Report Post function and allow staff to take care of it. Other options:

- place that user on your Ignore List
- simply fail to respond to said user (most trolls only get worked up if they have an audience)
- politely redirect them

Finally, "call out" threads (ie, making a list of least favorite SDNers) is a violation of the SDN tenets about harassing other users. Besides, its just not very nice.

I'm human and enjoy venting about some of our more tedious members as well but turning SDN into The Princeton Review (they were the most active pre-med forums before we crushed them; largely because their unmoderated/loosely moderated style allowed trolls to flourish and it became wholy unwelcoming to everyone else) or 4chan isn't going to serve anyone well.

lol, I remember going on the princeton review in high school

Hmmm, not in any particular order

Q
ShyRem
Neuronix
UTSouthwestern (RIP)
njbmd (could come off... strong, but was always a straightshooter)
PandaBear (oh the lulz)
Dr. Cox (with an i)

Hmmm, not in any particular order

Q
ShyRem
Neuronix
UTSouthwestern (RIP)
njbmd (could come off... strong, but was always a straightshooter)
PandaBear (oh the lulz)
Dr. Cox (with an i)

Ah yes, neuronix!!! Totally should've been on my list! He helped me a lot when I first joined! He's just been quiet as of late.

uploadfromtaptalk1361364546248.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

Just out of curiosity, anyone remember that dude "Banny" or something like that.

In no particular order, my current faves are

VC7777 & Winged Scapula for being helpful while cracking me up
ShyRem
QofQuimica
Whopper
Prowler

I was going to say Chip N Sawbones for having the best responses, but he shot me down when I asked him to marry me....:p

My top 10, in order;

1. U Wot M8 (formerly Venom5)
2. LPBostbacc
3. Bearstronaut
4. Fivo (banned)
5. ShenanigansMD
6. Praefectus
7. La Presse
8. Agent B
9. darkjedi
10. Bacchus

Honorable mentions: Blais, KnuxNole, TheProwler, and that user with the avatar of that movie scene with Kristen Wig drunk on the plane, I forget your name.

I apologize if I forgot anybody that I probably should've mentioned.

Last edited:
My top 10, in order;

2. LPBostbacc
3. Bearstronaut
4. Fivo (banned)
5. ShenanigansMD
6. Praefectus
7. La Presse
8. Agent B
9. darkjedi
10. Bacchus

Honorable mentions: Blais, KnuxNole, TheProwler, and that user with the avatar of that movie scene with Kristen Wig drunk on the plane, I forget your name.

Thank you. I like you too, my Irish friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
My top 10, in order;

2. LPBostbacc
3. Bearstronaut
4. Fivo (banned)
5. ShenanigansMD
6. Praefectus
7. La Presse
8. Agent B
9. darkjedi
10. Bacchus

:love::p:naughty::D:soexcited::biglove:

My top 10, in order;

2. LPBostbacc
3. Bearstronaut
4. Fivo (banned)
5. ShenanigansMD
6. Praefectus
7. La Presse
8. Agent B
9. darkjedi
10. Bacchus

Yay! Thanks! :love:

Unfortunately, I don't have a specific list of favorite members, but here they are.

1. Adcoms commanded by LizzyM, catalystik, Goro etc.
2. Residents/attendings commanded by mimelim, TheProwler, gas residents etc.
3. Mods commanded by mmmcdowe, sector9, Winged Scapula etc.
4. 2017ers commanded by Juan Solo, Guero, sinombre etc.
5. 2018ers commanded by Bauman, plumazul, SilentSoldier etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have a specific list of favorite members, but here they are.

Way to circumvent the Top 5 with a top 5 list :-D:laugh::laugh:

:=|:-): Why thank you! Out of 215 posts, I finally made someone's list! LoL

Wow. Ok. :(

I knew it! You secretly want to be allies!

Never sending my army to fight your wars again.

So there seems to be a misunderstanding and sudden wave of disappointment. So I'll modify my list.

1. Adcoms (LizzyM, catalystik, Goro, gyngyn)
2. Residents/attendings (mimelim, TheProwler, residents in the gas forums, IlDestiero, Survivor DO, residents/attendings in the general residency forums)
3. Mods (mmmcdowe, Tots, sector9, Winged Scapula, Lee, GoSpursGo, gettheleadout, Narmerguy, Nymphicus, Cinclus, owlegrad)
4. 2017ers (Juan Solo, Guero, sinombre, mcloaf, Doctor Strange, jemstone, rachelkj, Irish Football, ilikevegetables, mdtichen, IncognitoGuy, jehatten and wifey).
5. 2018ers (Bauman, plumazul, SilentSoldier, berriesandcream)

Also, NickNaylor and his team of medical students are on my Top 5 list as well. :love::love::love:

Planes2doc, notbobtrustme, and kpcrew, because they aren't afraid to tell it like it is.

So there seems to be a misunderstanding and sudden wave of disappointment. So I'll modify my list.

2. Residents/attendings (mimelim, TheProwler, residents in the gas forums, IlDestiero, Survivor DO, residents/attendings in the general residency forums)
3. Mods (mmmcdowe, Tots, sector9, Winged Scapula, Lee, GoSpursGo, gettheleadout, Narmerguy, Nymphicus, Cinclus, owlegrad)
4. 2017ers (Juan Solo, Guero, sinombre, mcloaf, Doctor Strange, jemstone, rachelkj, Irish Football, ilikevegetables, mdtichen, IncognitoGuy, jehatten and wifey).

Also, NickNaylor and his team of medical students are on my Top 5 list as well. :love::love::love:

Aw thanks Agent B :)

:thumbup:

So I see medPR finally got the ban hammer when I was gone. What else is new?

1) Planes2Doc
2) Survivor DO
3) Guero
4) LizzyM
5) passionformed

honorable mention: Agent B, MedPR (back in the good ol' days), Dr. Strange, SN2ed

Reactions: 1 user

mmhm. :thumbup:

OohRah! ;)

I'd say I definitely have the best profile picture out of anyone on these forums.

But neusu has my vote :thumbup:

I think I should get double mention since I'm in two categories.

Wait. What happened to cheechootrain? I'm actually not sure if that's their username spelled correctly but I haven't seen them in a while. Maybe its just me.