St. John Fisher WSOP Fall 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodfellas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I figured I'd start a thread for SJF-WSOP class of 2015 applicants. I just got invited for an interview this morning. Usually they interview Jan-April, but apparently they are having a date in mid November and on my selected date, Dec 8th. Anyone else get invited for an interview yet? It's nice to hear from a school, even if it isn't my top choice!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied, but no news yet. Congrats on the interview invite!

I applied, but no news yet. Congrats on the interview invite!

I applied also, pharmcas and supplemental in during the month of september. Haven't heard anything yet. Last year I applied much later, got one of the last interviews. Of course I was wait-listed. I had heard rumors last year the like interviews in march and april were all just for the wait list. I think they accept 75, and they had another 75 on back up wait-list. It's a little ridiculous, not like 75 people they accept are all going to bail. I just don't think its right to lead that many people on.

Regardless, they gave me a chance. It's a nice new school, really nice facilities. The staff was friendly. Although I couldn't get much from the current students, the few I talked to seemed a little dud-ish.

So I re-applied. They told me being on wait list last year doesn't mean anything for this year. We'll see what happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they accept 75, and they had another 75 on back up wait-list. It's a little ridiculous, not like 75 people they accept are all going to bail. I just don't think its right to lead that many people on.

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with their $1500 deposit fee ;);)

I agree. I think a 500 deposit is reasonable, but 1000 is PUSHING IT and 1500 is REDICULOUS.

It's definitely excessive, but all my other schools (except TJU) don't interveiw until January. Hopefully, my plans will work out and TJU will invite me for an interview and accept me before Dec 8th, and I won't have to worry about it :D

Hey all,

I figured I'd start a thread for SJF-WSOP class of 2015 applicants. I just got invited for an interview this morning. Usually they interview Jan-April, but apparently they are having a date in mid November and on my selected date, Dec 8th. Anyone else get invited for an interview yet? It's nice to hear from a school, even if it isn't my top choice!

Hey everyone! I just got an e-mail a few days ago with an interview invitation! I'm from Rochester NY, so I could live at home if I got in :). I think I am going to interview on Dec 8th as well. I have to call the lady tomorrow since I had a scheduling conflict the last time I called her. Hope to meet some of you soon and good luck!

-Greg

Yeah SJF!

No interview invite for me yet, but I just got my stuff into PharmCAS last week, so I'm not surprised. I'm going to the open house on Nov 13th. Is anyone else going?

SJF is moving up my list- I decided against applying to Albany-Vermont (the whole distance-ed thing is a turn off). The folks at WNEC put on a good show at their open house last weekend- they are solid. Looks like a tough decision for me if I get in to both places:scared:.

Didn't mean to make new thread. Didn't realize there was a group of you guys yet.

Has anyone got an interview invite recently from ST John Fischer Wegmans COP? I did last week and need to schedule by calling them. I have my interview for LECOM ERIE in the next coming weeks and this is my first choice (tuition, 3 years, located near home). I heard ERIE gets back to you quick so I was hoping to hear back from ERIE and if I got in I could pull out from all my other interviews and save money/time.

I'm cuirous what upcoming dates people got from Wegmans COP??? They say they interview starting in January so I wasn't expecting an invite so soon. I just want to make sure before I interview there I will have heard back from ERIE first.

Hey all! Who will be attending Wegmans School of Pharmacy this coming fall. I just accepted admission and i'm just trying to find out who will be in my class for the next four years.--Aaron

Not accepted yet, but finally got an interview invite for Jan 21. :) Hope it doesn't snow!! (Is that a realistic hope?)

Best of luck to everyone!

Not accepted yet, but finally got an interview invite for Jan 21. :) Hope it doesn't snow!! (Is that a realistic hope?)

Best of luck to everyone!

CONGRATS on your interview.. when did you hear? I am sitll waiting to hear if anything will come but my hopes to actually be invited are looking low because it seems as if many already have been invited. Who knows though, timeframes are different for what they are looking for!

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS on your interview.. when did you hear? I am sitll waiting to hear if anything will come but my hopes to actually be invited are looking low because it seems as if many already have been invited. Who knows though, timeframes are different for what they are looking for!

Yeah yeah- I hear ya- who knows what they are looking for or why they pick some people to interview and not others.

Looks like you've already got one offer in hand, so worse case you are still going to pharmacy school next fall.

Hang in there...and good luck!

I'm declining my interview on Jan 21st. Hopefully it opens up a spot for someone who really wants SJF. Good luck, everyone

Did any1 got the interview call??? I submitted my application on 2nd week of Nov and still have no news!!!!!!:scared:

Yeah yeah- I hear ya- who knows what they are looking for or why they pick some people to interview and not others.

Looks like you've already got one offer in hand, so worse case you are still going to pharmacy school next fall.

Hang in there...and good luck!

This is ture, its a relief to have an option for sure.. and thank you!

I def. hope the best for you too. I live only an hour or so away from Rochester and know that it snows allll the time here BUT I will be crossing my fingers for you that it stays minimal or not at all! :)

I have an interview for the 13th. I really want to go to Fisher, but the setup of the interview (three 20 min interviews) is quite intimidating and nerve racking. Also the fact there is nothing on here about what they might ask makes it even more of a surprise.

I withdrew my application and interview offer a few weeks ago. Good luck. Too expensive IMO.

Hey all,

Great. Can you please share your experience with us like Interview questions, your personal experience etc......Havnt heard from them till now.....:(

Hey all! Who will be attending Wegmans School of Pharmacy this coming fall. I just accepted admission and i'm just trying to find out who will be in my class for the next four years.--Aaron

Please share your interview experience with us.......

Please share your interview experience with us.......

I hear that students who interview at SJF sign something saying that they won't discuss interview day. I don't think you'll be getting any feedback! :eek:

I hear that students who interview at SJF sign something saying that they won't discuss interview day. I don't think you'll be getting any feedback! :eek:

That's dumb of SJF, glad I withdrew my application after they begged me to come interview (haha, jk on the begging). I hope someone who interviews there spills. :smuggrin:

That's dumb of SJF, glad I withdrew my application after they begged me to come interview (haha, jk on the begging). I hope someone who interviews there spills. :smuggrin:

Atleast people can speak up after interview......Like what kind of interview they experienced!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i also received an interview invite via email today. I am supposed to call them for a date, but they are 6 hours away from my house so i will have to carefully choose. good luck to everyone!

i also received an interview invite via email today. I am supposed to call them for a date, but they are 6 hours away from my house so i will have to carefully choose. good luck to everyone!
I also received an invitation for an interview yesterday, but will be declining.

just got my acceptance letter 20 minutes ago in the mail!! woohoo! i'll see some of you there!!:D

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody who was interviewed on Jan 31st, have heard from WSOP yet? If so, please do post.

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody who was interviewed on Jan 31st, have heard from WSOP yet? If so, please do post.

I interviewed 1/31...Got my acceptance this week but will likely be declining so hopefully it opens up a spot for someone else....Goodluck to you all! Seems like a good program!

You got acceptance from other school???? Good luck:)
I interviewed 1/31...Got my acceptance this week but will likely be declining so hopefully it opens up a spot for someone else....Goodluck to you all! Seems like a good program!

Just had my interview on Wed. and was accepted. I will be attending in the fall.

Any other people out there who are attending Fisher in the fall?

you have to live off campus. They told me that they try to help you find roommates, but I haven't heard anything yet

Same here.. going through the process now of trying to find a reasonable price range apt. that is close by.

sure thing. I think the guys who started it are from the class above us, so nobody from our class is actually in it yet

Oh alright that makes sense... It'll be nice to start placing some faces with people from the class. I called the school about the whole housing and roommate situation and they said they they send out questions/surveys that are to be answered by each student. From there they in turn send the responses of each student question form to everyone attending, and you have to match yourself up with someone based on who you feel fits best on their answers. YOU contact and arrange living with whom ever you choose.

Don't quote me if I didn't understand entirely what she was saying, but that is the best I have for right now haha

Oh alright that makes sense... It'll be nice to start placing some faces with people from the class. I called the school about the whole housing and roommate situation and they said they they send out questions/surveys that are to be answered by each student. From there they in turn send the responses of each student question form to everyone attending, and you have to match yourself up with someone based on who you feel fits best on their answers. YOU contact and arrange living with whom ever you choose.

Don't quote me if I didn't understand entirely what she was saying, but that is the best I have for right now haha
haha that should be interesting

Interviewed Wednesday, Feb. 16th...acceptance letter was in my mailbox on the 18th. Couldn’t believe how quickly they made a decision. See you all in the fall.

Interviewed Wednesday, Feb. 16th...acceptance letter was in my mailbox on the 18th. Couldn’t believe how quickly they made a decision. See you all in the fall.

I had my interview on the same day, which one were you haha

Last edited:

Last edited: