Starting out at an incredibly low volume/slow store?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swatchgirl

Exercise your brains out, so you don't get sick.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a new grad with minimal retail experience seeking her first ever retail pharmacist job, is it lucrative (not just financially, but professional-development wise) to start out work at a faster paced store or a REALLY slow store that fills less than 50 scripts a day? I imagine a slow store would have minimal staffing support, and less mentorship?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine that it less than 50 scripts a day you'll be doing everything yourself. Personally I would bet you'll learn more that way than the busy store. Especially during your training. Because there will actually be time to show you stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I imagine that it less than 50 scripts a day you'll be doing everything yourself. Personally I would bet you'll learn more that way than the busy store. Especially during your training. Because there will actually be time to show you stuff.

Yup, most likely I will be working alone. It is actually a "pilot" store that Walmart is pushing out this year. This store sells groceries but requires the customer to first order their groceries online, and then picking up the groceries curb-side. They apparently are looking to staff this store with one pharmacist. I have no idea whether this "pilot" model will tank or not, so job stability is naturally my main concern with this position. Have you by any chance heard of such a store before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, most likely I will be working alone. It is actually a "pilot" store that Walmart is pushing out this year. This store sells groceries but requires the customer to first order their groceries online, and then picking up the groceries curb-side. They apparently are looking to staff this store with one pharmacist. I have no idea whether this "pilot" model will tank or not, so job stability is naturally my main concern with this position. Have you by any chance heard of such a store before?
What state?

What would be the disadvantages for a new grad to start out work at a really slow store? Would it look bad on my resume (and make it harder to find another pharmacist job later) that my first ever job is filling less than 50 scripts a day?

What would be the disadvantages for a new grad to start out work at a really slow store? Would it look bad on my resume (and make it harder to find another pharmacist job later) that my first ever job is filling less than 50 scripts a day?
No one would even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.