Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by leorl, 03.24.06.
SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
Did you receive the package today ?
i dont know how the class is full and they are still having second round interviews? I have no idea why, unless the class is not full.
I just got an email a couple minutes ago inviting me for an interview at RCSI. You guys should be hearing from them soon.
CONGRATS! Was it from ABP or RCSI? Now begins the frantic email checking every minute for me also.
anybody receive the package from Limerick yet? just wondering how much the deposit will be and how long we have to pay it...also is it true that if we get accepted by Limerick, they will remove our applications to the other schools? I haven't heard back from any of the other schools yet. Thanks
one of my friends just got an email as well from RCSI inviting him for an interview, thought it would be nice to share.
I personally got a rejection letter a while ago...
It was from Atlantic Bridge
Good Luck and I hope you get in. Now I'm just thinking about how if I get in I'm going to be able to pay for it. Unfortunately I'm not a millionaire
i havent got any letter from abp or rcsi yet, but havent gotten an interview invite yet either.
do they email all the interview offers at once, or over the next couple of days? is it also regional? where are all you from? US or Canada?
My friend who got an email from RCSI is from Toronto Canada
I'm in the US.
Thing is I called ABP over the phone yesterday and said I had heard nothing and asked when interview offers will go out. The person I was talking on the phone said over the next few days. So I'm really hoping they send interview invites through the days rather than one bulk. because if i didnt get an interview, time to start planning for next cycle
can someone please call ABP and ask if all interview invites have all ready been released, or whether some more will come in the next few days? that would help me greatly.
I got an email for my interview im from vancity!!!!! The interview is in toronto only.
Anything from UCC or UCD?
Don't give up hope. Im from toronto if that helps
I received it Friday via FedEx. I'm from the U.S.
My fiancé call abp today and was told second round offers for nuig, Ucc, and ucd would got out in next couple months. But that his application had not been rejected from any of the schools yet. His app went out late so we knew we had missed some of first rounds. Hope this helps everyone
no letter of rejection from abp or rcsi.
however, no interview offer yet
i talked to abp, and regarding my application they said to just wait regarding interview offers. whats going on?
The first round of interview offers went out over a span of 3 or 4 days by e-mail. If you got an interview you should probably expect an e-mail by the end of this week if you haven't heard already, although a couple people might get lucky closer to the interview date if other applicants cancel.
thats good to know that it went out over a span of a few days. was getting worried. I really am assuming I got an interview, since I havent till date got a rejection letter, and no rejection was on file at ABP as of yesterday either. RCSI has all ready handed out most preinterview rejections, so lets hope for the best
another day has gone by. no letter of rejection from rcsi or abp
another day has gone by without an interview offer.
I just heard from a colleague that he received a UCD acceptance on the 23rd. Looks like they are still actively sending them out!
Does anyone know when the second round dental offers will be made??
Most interview slots for rcsi are full, when i called to make my appt only the 2nd day was available... For all my canadians out there.
Did he get an email acceptance and then a letter in the mail? or just mail?
guess i didnt get it. rejection letter must be on its way
can someone please call on my behalf and ask ABP if all RCSI med interviews have been handed out, or if there are more to be released in the coming days?
Not sure sorry, but good news I guess that UCD still is giving out acceptances!
I called today and the person I spoke with told me that RCSI interviews are still being handed out.
He told me they release them over a couple days just so they don't get bombarded with phone calls.
Anyone heard back from RCSI - MUB ?
I just received my Limerick offer package. It asks for a EUR4,000 (approx. CAD$5,200) deposit that must be sent via wire payment with proof submitted to Atlantic Bridge before May 14th--the day before Canadian schools announce their offers
NOTE: The letter from Atlantic Bridge says proof must be received on May 14th. I'll ask them for clarification and post a follow-up as I presume others will want to wait as long as possible as well.
does it say how much tutition + living cost is at limerick?
Did you check the Fedex option? Also, sending date of the letter? I didn't want to pay an extra $20-30 for it. I feel like I should be regretting that decision now, haha.
I got an interview offer for RCSI - MUB this week for May 12/13. its in toronto and im in alberta. I booked my interview but im not too sure what to do. still no word from nuig or ucd and since they are considering me for the MUB campus i think that means im out for the Ireland, although that was my first choice.. i didnt really consider the option of the MUB location because i thought i wouldnt have to.. not im kinda confused.. and i dont know how easy or difficult it would be getting bakc to canada from there and if its considered the same as RCSI in Ireland just a diff campus location or if its a completely seperate institution, because if so it has not even been around for 10 years.... so much to consider...
By the time you graduate it will have been around for 10 years, I too am a bit confused about the prospects for returning back to Canada after graduation. Are you sure you're out of the running at the other schools ? I received a rejection from RCSI in Ireland but havent heard anything from any of the other schools I applied to. I also rec'd an invite for an interview at RCSI MUB btw.
Still waiting to hear from UCC, UCD, Trinity, and NUIG
I am from the US, and I received my acceptance to Trinity College Dublin from the Atlantic Bridge Program in early-mid March. I am SO excited to start in the fall. Can't wait!
Congrats!!! How were your MCAt scores and GPA?
For general info,
I accepted my UCD offer earlier this month. This week I received a rejection letter from RCSI and I also got an email from ABP asking if I wanted to stay in the running or opt out of my Limerick application. Obviously I opted out, and let them know today so that should mean one extra spot for someone.
For general information as well, I declined my offer for the RCSI 6 year program
I did do the FedEx option, and recycled the envelope, however, the package comes in an Atlantic Bridge Folder, so I'm pretty sure it came from California... The date on the actual letter from the University (the offer letter) is April 18. I received my Fedex on the 27th.
tuition is 38,500 EUR. It doesn't say living other than residence (and then only the cost for residence).
Congrats! Which school was this from?
Sorry, I forgot to quote the e-mail asking me a questionthis is for Limerick, and someone asked how I received: FedEx or regular post.
I just received a note from Finbar: he indicated that Monday, May 14th (11:59 pm PDT) is the cut-off to receive the proof.
Well i havent heard anything back from any where else.. but i doubt that RCSI is going to give me an offer for both of their locations.. are you going to be attend the interview? and would you be willing to go there? these are all thing im confused about as well so im trying to see what others might have to say..
Separate names with a comma.