Status Update for NOVA in aadsas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed November 8th and like almost everyone else on here I thought it went really well. I see Nova on my AADSAS portal and it says to check back December 3rd. Nothing new on my Webstar portal. Just the standard test scores, application fee, etc.

Well, I think the reality is... everyone's interview "went well". On the outside, NOVA made an effort to compliment everyone and make everyone feel welcome no matter what their stats were or how their interview went, which is probably why we ALL thought we did well. We were the qualified ones that the adcom deemed worthy of an interview so at the time, it kind of felt right that we felt like this, in a sense. However, on the inside, you just never know what they could have been thinking when they were looking at our apps and interviewing us. It could have just been a face, if you know what I mean. Even if we all did well on the interview and we are all qualified students, they can't accept ALL of us.

I'm just going to be really sad if I don't get a call on Monday after the interviewer gave me a bright smile and told me to "make sure I have my phone with me around 6 P.M." (which I'm sure lots of other people heard as well). :( False hope?

Edit: Not sure if he/she said 6 P.M. anymore. Maybe it was an earlier time. Maybe I'm just hearing things. Either way, I really hope I can go to this school!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what the.... LOL it seems like everyone either has one or the other now. Darn I still have nothing

what the.... LOL it seems like everyone either has one or the other now. Darn I still have nothing
Ya same here, still nothing on either end.

I'm guessing nothing should be happening from now until tomorrow sometime when both aadsas and Nova are opened and things get going again. Just would be nice to have some sign either way! I'm just gonna stick with "no news is good news"

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya same here, still nothing on either end.

I'm guessing nothing should be happening from now until tomorrow sometime when both aadsas and Nova are opened and things get going again. Just would be nice to have some sign either way! I'm just gonna stick with "no news is good news"

hahah me 2.... I'm imagining myself opening webstar tomorrow to find the sacred "acceptance fee" but it seems too good to be true seeing as everyone and their mom got a good vibe from their interviewers.

Well, I think the reality is... everyone's interview "went well". On the outside, NOVA made an effort to compliment everyone and make everyone feel welcome no matter what their stats were or how their interview went, which is probably why we ALL thought we did well. We were the qualified ones that the adcom deemed worthy of an interview so at the time, it kind of felt right that we felt like this, in a sense. However, on the inside, you just never know what they could have been thinking when they were looking at our apps and interviewing us. It could have just been a face, if you know what I mean. Even if we all did well on the interview and we are all qualified students, they can't accept ALL of us.

I'm just going to be really sad if I don't get a call on Monday after the interviewer gave me a bright smile and told me to "make sure I have my phone with me around 6 P.M." (which I'm sure lots of other people heard as well). :( False hope?

6pm?

Yeah, 6 PM seems like when they'd all be leaving the office to head home after calling people all day. Why would he/she tell you 6 PM? haha

hahah me 2.... I'm imagining myself opening webstar tomorrow to find the sacred "acceptance fee" but it seems too good to be true seeing as everyone and their mom got a good vibe from their interviewers.

hahaha. I didn't get the 6pm hint though..

"I didn't see the acceptance fee on my Nova portal, but my AADSAS status says offer made." This is from last year. It doesn't necessarily mean you are accepted if you have the acceptance fee on webstar.

"I didn't see the acceptance fee on my Nova portal, but my AADSAS status says offer made." This is from last year. It doesn't necessarily mean you are accepted if you have the acceptance fee on webstar.

I think it's the other way around. :)

Well I haven't seen a case where someone stated that they had the fee and wasn't accepted yet.... More like if you don't have the fee you may be still accepted...so people that don't have it shouldn't worry so much.

Is the only person in the whole thread that said that. is one against the world. Why would they check all your pre reqs (which takes time since you have to go transcript by transcript) if your not accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Click on the hyperlink under processed applications that says "Fall 2013" and scroll down to requirements. See if you have the application fee/ pre-registration fee.

no it doesn't show up. I have no application fee/pre-registration fee

Dam.......does that mean im rejected? or no hope?

I think the checked pre-reqs is the real story teller here. Like i said, why would they take their time to check all of everyones pre-reqs status if they are not accepting you? I wouldn't take my time to inform a prospect employee what he has to do once he gets the job, if i know am not giving him the job. I don't mean to be a boomer here, but it is common sense.

I think the checked pre-reqs is the real story teller here. Like i said, why would they take their time to check all of everyones pre-reqs status if they are not accepting you? I wouldn't take my time to inform a prospect employee what he has to do once he gets the job, if i know am not giving him the job. I don't mean to be a boomer here, but it is common sense.

Congrats Perez. You've done nothing but really put the hopes down of those who haven't gotten the status update like you have. Pack it up and go party it up by yourself in your room. We get it, you're in.

Congrats Perez. You've done nothing but really put the hopes down of those who haven't gotten the status update like you have. Pack it up and go party it up by yourself in your room. We get it, you're in.

I am sorry, not my intensions.

The interviewer asked me about my pre-reqs during the interview and said you have it complete after he saw the application except the one which I am taking right now. So he had done his homework before the interview otherwise they would not invite you in the first place if you have a majority of them missing. In the end he told me you will be fine. Yet nothing on webstar but I do have the AADSAS update. Also does NOVA update the portal on Dec 3 at 12 or do we have to wait for the phone call. Thanks

Last edited:
My pre-reqs aren't verified but I have the other stuff. So the guy at NOVA told me an average applicant who interviews has a 50% shot at an acceptance on Dec 3rd. The SDN population tends to have higher stats so you would expect more then 50% of people who have interviewed there to have the fee listed, the school on the portal, and the pre-reqs verified if those three things equal acceptance. If they do in fact, I expect many more peoples' portals, and Webstar accounts to update over the next few days so it's way too soon to worry but when very few people can testify to having all three of those things (so far) I am doubtful.

Reading over this thread is an emotional roller coaster. Good luck you guys!

My pre-reqs aren't verified but I have the other stuff. So the guy at NOVA told me an average applicant who interviews has a 50% shot at an acceptance on Dec 3rd. The SDN population tends to have higher stats so you would expect more then 50% of people who have interviewed there to have the fee listed, the school on the portal, and the pre-reqs verified if those three things equal acceptance. If they do in fact, I expect many more peoples' portals, and Webstar accounts to update over the next few days so it's way too soon to worry but when very few people can testify to having all three of those things (so far) I am doubtful.

Agreed. I think they are still in the process of updating one by one so it might be early to speculate. It might eventually show up or not at all if they verify it late tomorrow or Friday. The same was with the AADSAS update where some saw it yesterday, for some it was today and for some it might be tomorrow. So keep your hope up guys.

Hahaha, you know what would be a great idea? We should have a survey going of people with YES/YES, YES/NO, AND NO/NO for AADSAS Updated/Portal Updated.

Hahaha, you know what would be a great idea? We should have a survey going of people with YES/YES, YES/NO, AND NO/NO for AADSAS Updated/Portal Updated.

Well at least it will keep us busy till Monday...lol :poke:

So a status for NSU on AADSAS came up for me. I interviewed there back in october. It says to check back Dec 3rd for an update.

Did anyone else get this? It seems to be bad news since everyone that has gotten that message has been rejected, although before interviews. Therefore, it is very puzzling. Did anyone else get it?

panicking without cause = non-sense
stop assuming its bad news when it only reads check back dec. 3rd

Edit: Not sure if he/she said 6 P.M. anymore. Maybe it was an earlier time. Maybe I'm just hearing things. Either way, I really hope I can go to this school!

NoooOoOoooOo!!! not me.. i didnt think mine went well at all :( i was WAYYY too nervous cuz it was my first one.. and i did NOT feel comfortable talking to my interviewer.. i thought i completely messed up and wanted to punch myself for it but oh well nothing i can do about it other than keepin my fingers crossed.

:(((

NoooOoOoooOo!!! not me.. i didnt think mine went well at all :( i was WAYYY too nervous cuz it was my first one.. and i did NOT feel comfortable talking to my interviewer.. i thought i completely messed up and wanted to punch myself for it but oh well nothing i can do about it other than keepin my fingers crossed.

:(((

Any updates on you webstar portal?

If anyone is wondering what we're looking at in WebStar, this is it.

ntk68.png

I got the same thing on my portal, hope it's a good sign!!! I am from Boston too :)

hahaha. we could make a poll but it should have 3 criteria... Webstar with verified pre-reqs and acceptance fee, or Webstar with acceptance fee but no verified pre-reqs, and portal update. LOL. If we are that bored

The funny thing is that I know for a fact the folks at Nova read this forum. I bet they're laughing their tails off right now.

I think it was cruel of them to have this portal update haha It's all I've been thinking about... I just want something to show up somewhere... hopefully tomorrow brings new answers

I think it was cruel of them to have this portal update haha It's all I've been thinking about... I just want something to show up somewhere... hopefully tomorrow brings new answers

Yeah me too and I have a test tomorrow but cant concentrate on it...all I think about is the portal and hoping it would show up even at midnight ....lol...I interviewed October 18 so hopefully it will be updated soon

Last edited:
It seems like DDS Perez is the only happy camper on this thread

Yeah me too and I have a test tomorrow but cant concentrate on it...all I think about is the portal and hoping it would show up even at midnight ....lol...I interviewed October 18 so hopefully it will be updated soon

I know what you mean! I think tomorrow we may finally get an answer lol but I kinda don't wanna check....

My portal has my pre-reqs checked off.... and I chose not to interview at NOVA...random.

aww mann I only got my AADSAS updated :( I guess it's the kiss of death?

You really havent read the rest of the thread uh? lol

"Did anyone else get this? It seems to be bad news since everyone that has gotten that message has been rejected, although before interviews. Therefore, it is very puzzling. Did anyone else get it?"
i dont think i need to read the rest of the thread when your intro starts like this

My portal has my pre-reqs checked off.... and I chose not to interview at NOVA...random.

I don't know if having your pre-reqs checked necessarily means acceptance in that case.....i think we shouldn't get all too hyped about this

AADSAS just updated...nothing on webstar...guess I'm done with nova..

geez, at least ppl are starting to see something on either end. I still got nothing on either end

It is insane how much nervous energy is being expelled in one thread!

Just relax, none of you know what any of the updates mean as things change year to year.

Just as one small example, if you look at a Marquette thread from a few months ago, an AADSAS status that Marquette used this year meant you were rejected last year. A lot of us thought it meant we were rejected, then received interviews a few days later.

The only positive I see in this thread is, as another poster already mentioned, the entertainment value you are providing admissions at Nova:laugh:.