Step 2 CS October Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocoholicsoxfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe this week is the week!

My permit is still up :(

Now I can't help but feel I failed

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is still up as well. I took it on on August 6th. I want the wait to finally be over!

Is The Step 3 trick working early or on Wednesday at 1 am?
Took mine on Sept 7th in Chicago

Fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the exam on 8/20. My permit is also still up. Glad to know there are others out there obsessing like me! I had done a really good job not worrying about this until recently. Of course, all I can remember now is my mistakes! And I really can't remember much at all at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Took the exam on 8/20. My permit is also still up. Glad to know there are others out there obsessing like me! I had done a really good job not worrying about this until recently. Of course, all I can remember now is my mistakes! And I really can't remember much at all at this point.

Same. Then my first residency interview happened.

I'm just worried because when I click on my permit, my actual permit comes up. For Step 1/Step 2CK, if you click on the "print permit" button it comes up with an error message.

Anyone else?

I too got the actual permit. Took mine early August. Felt terrible leaving. Can only think of the ambiguous cases and the things I missed/diagnosis I totally botched. I felt terrible leaving my test. Half of it were things I never would have expected or knew how to approach, unlike FA which I had gone through twice thoroughly. I already feel like I didn't pass. Now that I'm seeing my scheduling permit I assumed I'll either have to wait another horrifying week or that I failed. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one. Can med school be over yet?

I'm just worried because when I click on my permit, my actual permit comes up. For Step 1/Step 2CK, if you click on the "print permit" button it comes up with an error message.

Anyone else?

I dont even have a permit option for step 1 or CK..

But my actual permit comes up for CS.
Idk, probs failed and im doomed for match, even in FM

My actual permit comes up as well - took it 8/24. I've been obsessively going through past threads and it seems like for some people for CS the permit stays up even after they get their score, so I don't think it means anything!!! (For step 1 and CK my permit definitely disappeared)

Members don't see this ad :)
Took late July, permit still up as well. Hopefully we get our scores this week

This shet sucks...

I too got the actual permit. Took mine early August. Felt terrible leaving. Can only think of the ambiguous cases and the things I missed/diagnosis I totally botched. I felt terrible leaving my test. Half of it were things I never would have expected or knew how to approach, unlike FA which I had gone through twice thoroughly. I already feel like I didn't pass. Now that I'm seeing my scheduling permit I assumed I'll either have to wait another horrifying week or that I failed. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one. Can med school be over yet?

I had a similar experience... in 2/12 cases I realized the diagnosis a few days later and in 1/12 I got a confusing history that caused me to change my (correct) initial inclination to something way more unlikely. I think my biggest downfall was that I expected it to flow more like a real patient encounter where you don't have to rely on asking the specific questions they are looking for to get the information you need. I was assuming that it was vague on purpose so you could generate a reasonable differential and figure out what tests to order. In retrospect I realized that for the cases I felt were vague it was because I didn't ask the specific questions I needed to to get the diagnosis. I feel like when I read these threads people keep talking about how the diagnoses were obvious, but for me it felt like you needed to ask the secret question to get the right answer, otherwise it was easy to be off in left field and think you knew what was going on...

Regardless I think hindsight is 20/20 and everyone feels this way to some extent, and if 95% pass the threshold can't be all that high!!

Same here,
I felt so bad during and after the exam, couldn't sleep thinking of my bigs mistakes, missed some diagnosis, didn't complete 2 encounters just finished the P/E and give some ddx and left. the exam wasn't that easy as expected, I have prepared and read through FA many times , courses, many mocks, it is really hurts me alot if I fail . I got 3 encounters with same compliant but you need to ask more and more to get different DDX for each of them.

I'm Still expecting a big fail in CIS, ICE and SEP also, I was the only IMG in that group ugh...

Just to say it doesn't mean, permit not disappeared = failure, it just let you know your score is coming. FSMB will show pass / fail on Wednesday at 1 am ( this what I have understand in most of the threads here)

Hey fellow docs, hope you guys are doing well.

My permit is not there. The wait is killing me. Unfortunately, i failed on my last attempt. My CIS and SEP stars were all the way to the right, but My Ice was only one star above the borderline and the rest dipping behind it. I was so heartbroken and i couldnt understand what I did wrong. What got to me more was that a peer of mine had passed his ICE with the same amount of stars except he had one more extra star to the right. Basically, I failed the exam due to 1 star.

Either way, I went crazy and read first aid over and over and over again. This time around I definitely spent more time in the room and filled my notes out more than before. Out of 12 cases, I can say I messed up on 4 cases badly, did ok on 4 cases, and did well on 4 cases.

IMG took cs 24th august
My permit link disappeared longgg time ago (about 1-2 weeks after exam)
I am afraidI this is the sign that I've failed.
this is my last step. Anyone know when will step 3 trick will work? Tuesday night?

IMG took cs 24th august
this is my last step. Anyone know when will step 3 trick will work? Tuesday night?

hey I am IMG, my permit disappeared a long time ago as well. I heard that for IMG we use a different system/site.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone
IMG, I took CS on July 22, the permit link is still there but I get an error message once I click on the link.
I just hope my results get out this wednesday and I pass this exam, have been freaking out about this for the past month and remembering all the mistakes that I made and points that I missed. This is my last step and I really hope I didn’t screw up my chances in matching this year.

Permit did not disappear yet for me. Scared is all I can say.
Hoping the 4 yrs of hard work we put in doesn't go to waste and we pass.
Was very confident about step 1 and step 2 ck but scared about this one and hoping I pass
Wish I could get the score this week but my permit is still there (meaning might disappear later or I or get the score next week).

Took the test 8/27 and my permit is still there too. :(

I just really want this over with. I felt terrible after the test, and I’m terrified I failed. Waiting up to three more weeks would just be the worst, especially if I have to take it again, possibly not matching this year.

I’ve been doing okay not thinking about it through the day for a while, but about an hour every night for the past month has been dedicated to stewing in anxiety.

On FSMB, it says my account doesn’t have an FID number and nothing about trying to register, other people have that?

In good news: how many times have we all been terrified about failing and have not? I know in my case, every time. So hopefully this is another case where all of us left feeling like we failed and this minimum threshold to pass is lower then we imagine. It sounds like everyone makes mistakes. In a testing environment on very limited time it's impossible to expect us to check all the boxes. I'm sure that's why multiple things go into each score - so that if you bombed the differential diagnosis, you can make up points with your note and physical. And vice versa. Or at least this is what I'm telling myself lol.

Reactions: 5 users
still have a permit. *laughs in a tone of defeat*

I'm a "whats the worst case scenario" kinda person. I've already convinced myself that a research year can't be all that bad. :shrug:

Last edited:
FMG here. Took CS in late August, took CK on the 17th of Sept so I am expecting both results this Wednesday. Still unable to start the Step 3 application so it does not seem to be working yet. A bit bizarre part is that my Step 2 CK permit is still showing up on IWA as well so... guess all we can is wait.

I guess we'll have to wait for fcvs til Wednesday 1 AM EST then. fortunately it's not so far away :)

IMG took cs 24th august
Tonight at 1:00 AM

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know about what % of people actually get their scores on the first Wednesday of the reporting period?

From past threads it seems like it's more like 90+ even people who tested on the last day may get their score on the 1st day of the reporting period

Thanks you all. I'm just trying to provide self reassurance at this point. I'll probably loose my mind if I can't register for step 3 tomorrow morning.

permit still there (opens up permit when clicking on link)
mid-August date
horrified, haven't been able to sleep
my ddx, work-up, and supporting evidence sucked
feels like my heart is both rotting and about to explode :(

Last edited: