Step 2CK in 2006? How to Register?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omores

sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Tried to register for CK today; was planning to pick the Jan - March 2006 block. But the only options given were for 2005. I seem to dimly remember something about their boosting the app fee for 2006. Could that have something to do with it?

Am I missing something very obvious here? On call, so my brain is functioning sub-optimally.

Members don't see this ad.

They haven't yet opened up registration for the 2006 testing cycle. I think it may have something to do with the fee increase you mentioned, but I'm not entirely sure. It shouldn't be too much longer.

TommyGunn04 said:
They haven't yet opened up registration for the 2006 testing cycle. I think it may have something to do with the fee increase you mentioned, but I'm not entirely sure. It shouldn't be too much longer.
Good to know. Thanks TG!

Nothing like being a sub-i on call to make you feel clueless.

Off to save some lives ;)

For some reason I thought that Step 2 wasn't offered in January, but I don't remember where I read that. Am I just imagining that?

Hawk22 said:
For some reason I thought that Step 2 wasn't offered in January, but I don't remember where I read that. Am I just imagining that?
Just heard back from the NBME folks. You can register for the 2006 blocks starting September 1st (at the new higher rate, presumably. bastards). And it's not offered January 1 - 14th, so that's probably what you're remembering.