STEP 3 FAIL, upcoming new format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REPAIRMYBOARD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out today that I failed Step 3 with a 188, passing score is 190. I did well on CCS and really poorly on day one, especially reproductive questions.
First, any chance of an improvement to passing with a score recheck?
Second, with the upcoming changes to Step 3, do you have any recommendations for study programs like DIT or Kap?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The thing is computer-graded, you won't improve on recheck; it's a waste of money. I think uworld and first aid are sufficient for step 3. Do as many practice questions you can.

I'm sorry man. When do you have to retake by? If you have several months I'd recommend a course. At this point, its money you should invest. I failed COMLEX I with a 390, passing of 400. Took a course for the retake (and then Step 2 because I was scared ****less) and got ~570 both times. Pony up the cash and ensure you'll pass.

I am sorry ...do not lose hope. I do not think there is going to be a lot of change in the subject that they test on New Step 3. I am doing uworld but also doing Archer lectures along with free questions and I find the lectures thoroughly helpful for step 3 concept.
You are saying you did well on CCS. One reproductive system questions alone will not cause you to fail. Did you score low on other MCQ areas ? Was your CCS graph way towards right?