This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quepid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Conrad Fischer MedQuest videos for step 3? Are they worth it? I thought his Step 2 High Yield video that went along with Master The Board was pretty good. Does the MedQuest go along with the MTB3?

Also, how about DIT step 3?

About to start Step 3 prep and was trying to see what the verdict was on these above videos. I plan to use Master the Board 3 + USMLE World Questions.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I have the MedQuest video's and honestly there not that great.

They do follow MTB3 and even have new basic science correlates but at least a third if not greater portion of the series is done by two other physicians and honestly there boring and put me to sleep. They basically repeat what the books says and dont seem to be good educators. Not sure why fischer chose them but I wouldnt pay full price for the series.

The sections that are taught by fischer himself are good but again nothing special. If your really weak and need some reinforcement to study I'd suggest purchasing them otherwise I'd stick with uworld.

I've actually found the MedEd youtube vids more beneficial.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey DIMC, I checked out Archer and its boring. I havent heard much about Medquest or MedEd.

I used DIT for one n two and have bought their step 3 course. Hope its good.

Thanks everyone. I haven't really heard much about any of the above videos. I used the Kaplan (Conrad Fischer) High Yield Videos for step 2 which I found extremely helpful for myself. I think Fischer taught a lot of them though. Haven't heard much about Archer or DIT. I saw a few mins of a sample Archer video which appeared very boring. Also do you know the difference between the MedQuest and the Kaplan (OnDemand) Step 3?

I plan to use world + MTB3. I don't want to use too many resources, but I think having a video i can watch/listen to during breaks in residency will be very helpful for me since I am an audio/visual learner. Paying for the videos is my biggest drawback. This would be much easier if I was in an Internal Medicine or Family Medicine residency.

Thanks again! Good luck

Bump if anyone has comments on DIT for Step 3... I bought it but now I might return it after seeing the study guide, seems like I might be better off doing more UW.

DIT is great for reviewing the core basics of medicine. It does get at some particular stuff, but it's more a basic review. Good if you don't soley want to do questions / read a review book. Obviously UW is where the money is though.

I felt it was a decent adjunct to UW, but went through both in their entirety. If you only have time to complete one, focus on uworld.