STEP 3 Score VS USMLE WORLD AVERAGE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FirstMANdown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a great thread for Step 2ck VS UW%. I though it might be helpful if anyone out there can give us there input with there Step 3 VS UW%...etc as well. Anyways Thanks for the contribution.

I'm do to take Step 3 in the next month. Will update this thread as well. For better or for worse. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed. Trick worked. "same" on everything but diagnosis which was "higher", CCS "same". Used Uworld qbank and all cases + CCScases.com all 100 cases.
Uworld average 60%, plus incorrects. UWSA 1: 196
Step 1 219
Step 2 CK 246
Step 3 218
PGY1 fam med

Reactions: 2 users
So I just took UWSA 1 and scored 199 :scared:
Went through all Qbank questions with 62% correct in untimed tutor mode.

Will work on my weaknesses as assessed by this test. Does anyone have any tips to give? My goal is 240-250 and test date is next month (one week in between the two exam days). Thanks!

Seems like consensus is that UWSA1 under predicts. I just completed it and scored 87th percentile which gave me a numerical score of 225? Any rough numbers on how much it under predicts? I am in a unique position where my score on this exam matters for residency application purposes and I would rather postpone than get a score lower than what I am hoping for (goal is 240+)

Thanks in advance

I had the same UWSA1 score and just scored a 243 on step 3. Best of luck!

Yup! My permit link disappeared too! Finding out tomorrow y'all! q minus 23 hrs and 15 minutes haha
Yup! My permit link disappeared too! Finding out tomorrow y'all! q minus 23 hrs and 15 minutes haha
Hi there, would you please tell me what do you mean by your permit link being disappeared? I’ve taken my exam too last week and am very nervous.

Hi there, would you please tell me what do you mean by your permit link being disappeared? I’ve taken my exam too last week and am very nervous.
Basically when you log in to where you'd check your score, there's a link that lets you open to see your permit, if the link is missing, that means your score is coming on Wednesday, it doesn't indicate pass or fail.

Hi everyone!
Looking for some advice here:
I am an FMG, currently applying for residency, hoping to take Step 3 while attending interviews!
Took CK in September and did pretty well on it.
Currently doing UW, finished around 60% of it in random blocks - average 69-70%. That being said, compared to steps 1 and 2 I feel there is no real improvement as far as my UW performance goes. Also, CCS isn't as easy as it probably would have been if I had done the intern year. Using UW and this ccscases thing I found - no idea how useful it is but I just wanted extra cases with some sort of a review.
Do you think it's reasonable to take this test by the end of the year? (assuming 4-5 study hours per day on average)
Also, does it make sense to do UW twice, like for CK? Did you feel that UW covered many important step 3 topics or is it mostly useful for question practice? I know my UW average is good but I can't help but wonder if there is something missing there that an intern would surely know (which I may not know).

Thanks a lot!

Hello everyone, and back to USMLE exam again..
I want some recommendations, my exam after 10 days..
-I did study Uworld once, untimed, tutor mode, systems based with 69% correct.
-CCS website 100 cases with average 80s-90s% for most of the cases, I felt good with CCS.
-UWSA 1 : 227 after I finish the Uworld
-UWSA 2 : 231 after 1 week reading my step 3 notes. Unfortunately I didn't notice any change.
-I'll do Uworld CCS cases for the next 2 days.

Really, I'm so stressed, I felt the questions in Uworld too long which can't finish on the time, also some advanced ideas, I never read it before.

Please if you have any recommendations to pass the exam?

Thanks

Hello everyone, and back to USMLE exam again..
I want some recommendations, my exam after 10 days..
-I did study Uworld once, untimed, tutor mode, systems based with 69% correct.
-CCS website 100 cases with average 80s-90s% for most of the cases, I felt good with CCS.
-UWSA 1 : 227 after I finish the Uworld
-UWSA 2 : 231 after 1 week reading my step 3 notes. Unfortunately I didn't notice any change.
-I'll do Uworld CCS cases for the next 2 days.

Really, I'm so stressed, I felt the questions in Uworld too long which can't finish on the time, also some advanced ideas, I never read it before.

Please if you have any recommendations to pass the exam?

Thanks
I think you will pass with no problem. My actual score was higher than my practice test scores

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just took UWSA 1 and scored 199 :scared:
Went through all Qbank questions with 62% correct in untimed tutor mode.

Will work on my weaknesses as assessed by this test. Does anyone have any tips to give? My goal is 240-250 and test date is next month (one week in between the two exam days). Thanks!

In the interim I restarted the Qbank, completing at least 1400 questions with percent correct of 80% (96th rank).
Now I just took UWSA 2 and scored 225 (68% correct, 71st rank).

I have two weeks left and want to take one or two NBME exams. Which one(s) do you guys recommend?

Non-US IMG here.

Uworld average: 65% (timed, random, one time only)
CCS: All 100 cases on ccscases .com plus uworld interactive and practice cases (one time)

NBME 4: 350 (Start of dedicated time; 5 weeks prior)
NBME 5: 510 (3 weeks prior)
UWSA 1: 215 (2 weeks prior)
UWSA 2: 222 (1 week prior)

Day 1: Had a terrible day. Ran out of time in every block. Super long question stems.
Had a 3-day gap here. Went over my ccs notes, practiced cases I had marked.
Day 2: Much better in terms of time management. CCS cases were comfortable.

Step 1: 231
Step 2: 250
Step 3: 222

As mentioned in my previous post, test-taking induces a great deal of stress in me. I honestly wish I had scored more. But hey, that's usmle right?

Glad to have passed and to be done with this crazy exam journey!

This exam feels terrible but the curve seems to be generous.

UWorld- complete entire qbank on untimed, tutor mode averaged 67%
UWorld CCS cases- completed all, both interactive and read through
Also flipped through First Aid for step 3 and used the mini-cases

UWSA 1: 225, took 5 days prior to test

Took both days back to back. Felt like there were a lot of “the f if I know” questions. Tons of bio stats on day 1 and none on day 2. Definitely made mistakes on CCS cases. Had a couple where I figured out the diagnosis but had no idea what to do. Left second day feeling like I had failed.

Step 1: 250s
Step 2: 270s
Step 3: 244

Much better than anticipated. So thankful to be done with Step exams!!!

Reactions: 1 users
This exam feels terrible but the curve seems to be generous.

UWorld- complete entire qbank on untimed, tutor mode averaged 67%
UWorld CCS cases- completed all, both interactive and read through
Also flipped through First Aid for step 3 and used the mini-cases

UWSA 1: 225, took 5 days prior to test

Took both days back to back. Felt like there were a lot of “the f if I know” questions. Tons of bio stats on day 1 and none on day 2. Definitely made mistakes on CCS cases. Had a couple where I figured out the diagnosis but had no idea what to do. Left second day feeling like I had failed.

Step 1: 250s
Step 2: 270s
Step 3: 244

Much better than anticipated. So thankful to be done with Step exams!!!
Your step 2 was in the 270s and you thought you failed after day 2?!
Amazing step 3 score btw!
Congrats on being done with the USMLE!

Non US IMG
UWSA 1 : 227
UWSA 2 : 231
Study time : 6 weeks
Only used Uworld step 3 MCQ, once, untimed, tutor mode with 68% correct
Day 1 : it was horrible, even felt I have to leave the exam in the middle because no time to finish each block, ended to leave drug ad in the end and randomly select any answer. Ethics was so Hard for me. Biostat calculation was fine, some research Questions was difficult and no time to think. Other parts of the exam were Anatomy, (alot of pharmacology), genetics, biochemistry and were not that bad, you can answer most of them. I left the exam with feeling of failure, maybe 40-50% correct.

Day 2 : the time was excellent, I can finish before the time end and review some Questions. The MCQ was short compare to day 1, mainly on prognosis, Risk factor and how to approach the patient. No ethics or biostat. Some managment Qs.
CCS was fine for me, no rare disease, most of my patients improved and case ended early except in 2 cases. I missed some important order or prevention which cost me alot but I remembered them after I left the case. But in general the CCS will be fine if you read CCS.com and Uworld+ some YouTube videos (the day before exam).

After day 2 , the feeling of failure disappeared hehe.

Final score : 235
Good bye USMLE

Non US IMG.
Horrible exam experience, felt like the toughest of all steps. Had 2 blocks on day 1 where I flagged 30+ Qs, had another on day 2 where 20+ were flagged.. CCS cases were so laggy I didn't finish ~4 of them...
Score: 235 (what a pleasant surprise- curve must have been super generous)
UWSA 1 : 229
Used 70% of UW Qbank, 75% correct
Total prep time ~8 weeks of ~4 hours per day
What a relief to finally be done with USMLE

Non US IMG.
Horrible exam experience, felt like the toughest of all steps. Had 2 blocks on day 1 where I flagged 30+ Qs, had another on day 2 where 20+ were flagged.. CCS cases were so laggy I didn't finish ~4 of them...
Score: 235 (what a pleasant surprise- curve must have been super generous)
UWSA 1 : 229
Used 70% of UW Qbank, 75% correct
Total prep time ~8 weeks of ~4 hours per day
What a relief to finally be done with USMLE
May I ask when did you finish with your 2nd test day?

Non US IMG
UWSA 1 : 227
UWSA 2 : 231
Study time : 6 weeks
Only used Uworld step 3 MCQ, once, untimed, tutor mode with 68% correct
Day 1 : it was horrible, even felt I have to leave the exam in the middle because no time to finish each block, ended to leave drug ad in the end and randomly select any answer. Ethics was so Hard for me. Biostat calculation was fine, some research Questions was difficult and no time to think. Other parts of the exam were Anatomy, (alot of pharmacology), genetics, biochemistry and were not that bad, you can answer most of them. I left the exam with feeling of failure, maybe 40-50% correct.

Day 2 : the time was excellent, I can finish before the time end and review some Questions. The MCQ was short compare to day 1, mainly on prognosis, Risk factor and how to approach the patient. No ethics or biostat. Some managment Qs.
CCS was fine for me, no rare disease, most of my patients improved and case ended early except in 2 cases. I missed some important order or prevention which cost me alot but I remembered them after I left the case. But in general the CCS will be fine if you read CCS.com and Uworld+ some YouTube videos (the day before exam).

After day 2 , the feeling of failure disappeared hehe.

Final score : 235
Good bye USMLE
May I ask how long did it take to get your results?
Congrats

Step 1 score: 240s
Step 2 CK score: worse than Step 1 within 30 points (don't know what happened here)
Step 2 CS: Pass

UWSA 1: 199 (one month prior to test date)
UWSA 2: 225 (two weeks prior to test date)
Actual Step 3 score: 233 (mean 226, SD 15)

Content with this score. Goal was 240s but this was a long exam. Did UW Q bank twice with Biostats and CCS as well as all of ccscases.com.

Glad to be over with the USMLE finally!!

Hey everyone, congrats to all who passed so far! My 2nd day was 12/28/19 and I'm anxiously awaiting my score. I really feel like I could have failed this time, I think I bombed CCS. It was so different.. the software was so slow on exam day. Anyways... I keep refreshing the FSMB website every few minutes to see if there is any change in status from "approved/active" to "expired." Nothing yet. It's been so many days... should I be expecting my score Wednesday?

Log into the interactive website and check if your permit has disappeared. If yes, then it’s most likely this Wednesday. My day 2 was 12/30 and mine has disappeared.

Best of luck

Thanks, looks like the status on FSMB changed to expired. I don't want false hope about the "step 3 trick" because there is evidence that it hasn't worked for people who thought they passed. From my understanding, since the status changed to expired we should be expecting our results tomorrow. Is it true that the score report is actually available at midnight?

Good luck to you too!

Step 1 score: 240s
Step 2 CK score: worse than Step 1 within 30 points (don't know what happened here)
Step 2 CS: Pass

UWSA 1: 199 (one month prior to test date)
UWSA 2: 225 (two weeks prior to test date)
Actual Step 3 score: 233 (mean 226, SD 15)

Content with this score. Goal was 240s but this was a long exam. Did UW Q bank twice with Biostats and CCS as well as all of ccscases.com.

Glad to be over with the USMLE finally!!
Hey! Congratulations. Are you currently doing residency? How much gap was in between taking step 2CK and step 3?

Hey! Congratulations. Are you currently doing residency? How much gap was in between taking step 2CK and step 3?

Yes, I’m an AMG PGY-1 IM intern. The gap was about a year and a half. I was worried that I needed to brush up my medical knowledge due to my CK score so I studied harder than your typical intern.

Reposting my stats here to help others! This forum helped me tremendously over the years! Glad it's over!

Step 1: 233
Step 2 CK: 251
UW%: 63%
UWSA 1: 201 -3 weeks out
UWSA 2: 220 - 1 week out

PGY-1 Psych intern, studied on and off for about 3 months while working, obviously. I bought UW Biostats and crammed all of biostats in 2-3 days. I also crammed CCS cases and studied them hard the last week prior to my exam. I ran out of time to go through about ~15 practice cases, but I managed to finish all the interactive cases. I honestly thought I failed this exam because of CCS. The system was super slow on my exam day, and I made a few mistakes ordering things that I then deleted so idk how any of that works lol. Anyways...

Real Deal: 240

Shocked and super happy to be done!

I got day 1 coming up on monday, anybody have last minute tips? I took UWSA 2 last week got a 220, Uworld was around 62% the first time around. Currently freaking out lmao

For anyone who is interested, I put the past ~2 years' worth of data from this thread into a spreadsheet and calculated equations to predict Step 3 scores (obviously excluding the CCS section) from UW, UWSA 1 & 2, and FRED. The equations are as follows (where x is the % correct for UWorld & FRED and predicted Step 3 score for UWSAs). The graphs are fit nicely with what one would expect with decent R^2 values (around 0.70-0.75) suggesting around 70-75% of one's score can be predicted by these results.

UWorld QBank
y = 7E-05x^3 - 0.037x^2 + 5.6889x
R² = 0.7407

FRED*
y = 0.0004x^3 - 0.0655x^2 + 5.9323x
R² = 0.9933
* Very small n, which inflates this R^2 value; however, the data points do seem to line up well and are consistent with one another, so I would consider this equation reasonable

UWSA 1
y = 3E-05x^3 - 0.016x^2 + 2.9917x
R² = 0.7111

UWSA 2
y = 5E-06x^3 - 0.0026x^2 + 1.3689x
R² = 0.7452

1583851065280.png

Best of luck to everyone taking Usmle step 3. Excpecially IMGs waiting to match.
It definitely increases the number of interviews that you get.
Follow my journey on YouTube and subscribe and support your girl.
I will definitely update if I match in 2020
This forum helped me a great deal.

UWorld average 75%.
Did not do any practice exams.
Step 3 score 225. Could have easily gotten 15 more points but I made some stupid mistakes, but whatever, I am happy.

Edit: exam day experience:

Day 1 was easy for me, and I was comfortable with biostats and drug ad questions. I could finish most blocks ahead of time.
Day 2: Had many WTF type questions and I could eliminate choices down to 2 and was guessing between the two in something like half of the questions. I knew I made many silly mistakes on day 2.

CCS: two cases I had no idea what was going on - In one of them I ordered everything I could and did everything I could and still didn’t find what the problem was, and patient didn’t improve. All other cases went fine with patient feeling better or surgery scheduled and cases ended early.

I didn’t use UWorld much for CCS cases, but used the ccscases software for practice (I found their software and grading very helpful. They kinda drilled into me the preventive orders I needed to place in the 2 minute screen. Doubt I’d be able to do that if I used Uworld).

Last edited:
Just got my score report today and so happy I passed with a 230! So unexpected. Just wanted to provide some info to alleviate some future test anxiety, hopefully after we can get over this pandemic :(

I'm a psych intern who did well on step 1 and 2 (e.g. >240), although I took a research year in med school so I remembered really... nothing -_- I did 45% of the Qbank (avg 63%; my average stayed the same from beginning to end of my studying; I felt like I was making educated guesses all of the time), and all of the interactive cases in UWorld, and briefly glanced at one or two of the non-interactive cases. I did Uworld biostats module x2 (felt harder than the actual test) and watched the popularly recommended biostats youtube videos x2. I took uwsa 2 two weeks out and scored a 207. I studied over 2-3 weeks on a light rotation, with such LOW motivation, until the 3 days in between day 1 and 2 haha.... All I wanted was to pass and I didn't care about my score. I guided my studying based on advice from my peers to focus on biostats and CCS, as they didn't find the MCQ helpful for studying.

During the test, I felt terrible during both of the days of multiple choice questions, and maybe felt better at CCS because all of my cases ended early with patients improving except for 1 10 min case where I was running out of time.

Also, appreciated @music2doc 's fancy equations. Their UW % equation landed me at 229, and the UWSA 2 equation landed me at 216...!

Last edited:
I'm an ob/gyn PGY4 who procrastinated taking Step 3 until this year. Guys, I literally haven't seen a male patient in 4 years. I spent 4 weeks doing all of UWorld when I wasn't at work. I did 40-100 original questions and 10-20 questions I had gotten wrong every day on Tutor Mode. I was able to complete the entire QBank and get through about 200-300 incorrect questions. I took UWSA1 one week before my test (to make sure I wouldn't fail). I started to read all of the UWorld CCS practice cases and simulations 1 week prior to my test. I felt so-so about the multiple choice on test day 1 and 2. I finished all of the CCS cases early (or at least they ended early).

UWorld scores:
QBank 69% correct
UWSA1 113

USMLE scores:
Step 1: 234
Step 2 CK: 255
Step 3: 239

...and I haven't seen a male patient in 4 years! Yah'll are freaking out for no reason. Just do UWorld Step 3 QBank and CCS practice. Stop overthinking.

Just got my score report today and so happy I passed with a 230! So unexpected. Just wanted to provide some info to alleviate some future test anxiety, hopefully after we can get over this pandemic :(

I'm a psych intern who did well on step 1 and 2 (e.g. >240), although I took a research year in med school so I remembered really... nothing -_- I did 45% of the Qbank (avg 63%; my average stayed the same from beginning to end of my studying; I felt like I was making educated guesses all of the time), and all of the interactive cases in UWorld, and briefly glanced at one or two of the non-interactive cases. I did Uworld biostats module x2 (felt harder than the actual test) and watched the popularly recommended biostats youtube videos x2. I took uwsa 2 two weeks out and scored a 207. I studied over 2-3 weeks on a light rotation, with such LOW motivation, until the 3 days in between day 1 and 2 haha.... All I wanted was to pass and I didn't care about my score. I guided my studying based on advice from my peers to focus on biostats and CCS, as they didn't find the MCQ helpful for studying.

During the test, I felt terrible during both of the days of multiple choice questions, and maybe felt better at CCS because all of my cases ended early with patients improving except for 1 10 min case where I was running out of time.

Also, appreciated @music2doc 's fancy equations. Their UW % equation landed me at 229, and the UWSA 2 equation landed me at 216...!

Hi,

Can you provide the link of the "biostats youtube videos" you referred. I want to watch. Thanks!

Hey Guys -- wanted to share my experience as I looked a lot at these.

I did about 60% of Uworld and averaged 57%. UWSA 1 = 197, UWSA2 = 201 (taken 3 days before real exam). Real Exam:219. I honestly thought I failed it like everyone else feels.

I am a few years out of med school so pretty far removed from everything. I recommend studying biostats a few days before (~ 12-13% of my exam). Ethics was about 15% of my exam. Interestingly, renal/male repro/gyn/ob was the topic covered the most (12-15%), followed by immune/blood/lymph/endocrine (11-14%). MSK was 10-14%. CV, Nervous system, and respiratory (8-10%). GI was (5-9%).

I did the uworld CCS cases (had a few days inbetween) and I felt like the real thing mimicked Uworld CCS cases. Finished every CCS case early. Day 2 questions had no biostats for me and I read that was the case for other folks. Day 1 is more like step 1, day is 2 is more management, prognosis, prevention, etc.

Good luck to all, you will feel like you failed, but you most likely did not!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys -- wanted to share my experience as I looked a lot at these.

I did about 60% of Uworld and averaged 57%. UWSA 1 = 197, UWSA2 = 201 (taken 3 days before real exam). Real Exam:219. I honestly thought I failed it like everyone else feels.

I am a few years out of med school so pretty far removed from everything. I recommend studying biostats a few days before (~ 12-13% of my exam). Ethics was about 15% of my exam. Interestingly, renal/male repro/gyn/ob was the topic covered the most (12-15%), followed by immune/blood/lymph/endocrine (11-14%). MSK was 10-14%. CV, Nervous system, and respiratory (8-10%). GI was (5-9%).

I did the uworld CCS cases (had a few days inbetween) and I felt like the real thing mimicked Uworld CCS cases. Finished every CCS case early. Day 2 questions had no biostats for me and I read that was the case for other folks. Day 1 is more like step 1, day is 2 is more management, prognosis, prevention, etc.

Good luck to all, you will feel like you failed, but you most likely did not!!

Thank you for posting this. Do you remember if there were any questions asking “what is the next best step in the management of this patient?” on the first day?

I’m overwhelmed by having to know both step 1 and step 2 material plus lots of bio stats especially since I didn’t do well on step 1 and therefore don’t have a good foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey guys, IMG here!

This was the only forum that helped me go through the step 3 examination, so now that it's over for me I think that it is imperative to share my experience and help any future cadidates!

Resources:

1. UWorld for step 3
  2. My step 2 CK notes

Preparation- Dedicated only (Mid-March- Mid-May)

1. 13 Mar- 22 Mar: Step 2 CK notes-review all
  2. 23 Mar: UWSA--> 204
  3. 25 Mar- 28 Mar: CCS UWorld
  4. 29 Mar- 4 Apr: UWorld (2blocks/day)
  5. 5 Apr- 7 Apr: CCS UWorld
  6. 8 Apr- 11 Apr: UWorld (2blocks/ day)
  7. 14 Apr- 20 Apr: Step 2 CK notes-review all
  8. 21 Apr: NBME--> 490
  9. 23 Apr- 24 Apr: CCS UWorld
  10. 25 Apr- 30 Apr: UWorld (2blocks/day)
  11. 1 May- 2 May: Step 2 CK notes- review
  12. 3 May: NBME--> 480
  13. 4 May- 11 May: Step 2 CK notes- review continue
  14. 13 May: DAY 1
  15. 13 May- 15 May: CCS UWorld
  16. 16 May: DAY 2--> final score: 232

Comments
  1. Hours per day
    Studied 5-7h/ day. In contrast with the other USMLE I didn’t have much energy left towards the end of the day to keep studying.
  2. Go through UW CCS!
    I found going through UW CCS 3 times really useful. I was very comfortable with almost all my cases. Here I posted some notes that I really found useful for the CCS section:
  3. Post- exam feelings:
After day 1 I didn’t feel like I did well. I felt that I could do better especially in the drug ads and research questions. In the contrary I did get right literally all the biostats questions. Many step 1 facts are also tested during the first day.​
After day 2 I felt much much better. Although I knew I lost some multiple choice questions, I felt really comfortable with all my cases (only 1 exception, in which I couldn’t figure out the diagnosis and my patient kept deteriorating despite treatment). Nearly all 20-min cases and some of my 10-min cases ended early (which can give you a great boost in your beak time.. I started my CCS section with 12 minute break time left and when I finished the exam I had almost 40 minutes of break time left, even after having taken some breaks during the CCS section). Luckily, I had no lags at all during CCS.​
So, that's it guys, finished with the USMLEs forever. Good luck to any future candidates and keep in mind that this is your last USMLE so be patient and get done with it :D
Congratulations! Can you please tell which uwsa was this? 1 or 2 ?

I wanted to post my experience since I scour these forums after my test for some comfort

Step 3: 211

Uwolrd Avg: 61%
NBME 5: 390 (4 days before the real deal)

To study I did Uworld and made anki cards that I reviewed every day. Didn't use videos or books, intern year was just too busy. Due to COVID I had more study time on some rotations. I had a week of PTO before the real deal. I don't think I studied more than 4-6hrs even on off days.

For biostats I watched boards and beyond to refresh concepts. Then I did all the Uworld biostats questions. The biggest help fo rme was going through the Uworld biostats package. I went through it twice and really tried to learn the concepts. Don't ignore biostats it shows up enough to affect the score but the questions are not impossible.

For CCS I was initially freaked out. I had no idea how to study. I did not like uworld because no feedback was given so it was hard to estimate where I stood. I got the crush step 3 ccs book and read all the cases. I did the 6 cases offered by the NBME, this is SO helpful to get used to the format. Everyone needs to do these. I created a list and wrote them down on my scratch sheet of paper (standard orders, pre-op orders, emergency orders, ec) this way I would not forget things.

Test: Day 1 was hard. Lots of step 1 material and there was no way to prepare for those q's. Biostats was okay for the most part I thought uworld did a great job. Day 2 was also hard. I'd recommend glancing at the USPTF guidlines (which I did not). Most of the questions I either knew right away or had no idea. CCS shockingly was easy for me minus 2-3 wtf cases. Intern year + reading through the case book and the practice cases NBME provides is more than enough. I walked out pretty unsure of how I did. I thought the exam was difficult but trust in uworld and brush up on things you don't know or haven't seen much of in intern year. I took the test on consecutive days and would recommend this.

I'd recommend:
-Uworld + biostats package
-6 practice cases on the NBME website (download and practice on the software); for extra practice the crush ccs book is great but not needed. Create a system and youll be fine
-Take an NBME practice test; it's been a while since most of us have taken a test and it's good practice to simulate testing conditions as this test is LONG

Good luck everyone!

Does CCS cases have
-stat orders and
-diagnosis screen(where you have to write the diagnosis before consulting or at the end of case?

Or have they changed the pattern and uworld ccs is out dated?

I wanted to post my experience since I scour these forums after my test for some comfort

Step 3: 211

Uwolrd Avg: 61%
NBME 5: 390 (4 days before the real deal)

To study I did Uworld and made anki cards that I reviewed every day. Didn't use videos or books, intern year was just too busy. Due to COVID I had more study time on some rotations. I had a week of PTO before the real deal. I don't think I studied more than 4-6hrs even on off days.

For biostats I watched boards and beyond to refresh concepts. Then I did all the Uworld biostats questions. The biggest help fo rme was going through the Uworld biostats package. I went through it twice and really tried to learn the concepts. Don't ignore biostats it shows up enough to affect the score but the questions are not impossible.

For CCS I was initially freaked out. I had no idea how to study. I did not like uworld because no feedback was given so it was hard to estimate where I stood. I got the crush step 3 ccs book and read all the cases. I did the 6 cases offered by the NBME, this is SO helpful to get used to the format. Everyone needs to do these. I created a list and wrote them down on my scratch sheet of paper (standard orders, pre-op orders, emergency orders, ec) this way I would not forget things.

Test: Day 1 was hard. Lots of step 1 material and there was no way to prepare for those q's. Biostats was okay for the most part I thought uworld did a great job. Day 2 was also hard. I'd recommend glancing at the USPTF guidlines (which I did not). Most of the questions I either knew right away or had no idea. CCS shockingly was easy for me minus 2-3 wtf cases. Intern year + reading through the case book and the practice cases NBME provides is more than enough. I walked out pretty unsure of how I did. I thought the exam was difficult but trust in uworld and brush up on things you don't know or haven't seen much of in intern year. I took the test on consecutive days and would recommend this.

I'd recommend:
-Uworld + biostats package
-6 practice cases on the NBME website (download and practice on the software); for extra practice the crush ccs book is great but not needed. Create a system and youll be fine
-Take an NBME practice test; it's been a while since most of us have taken a test and it's good practice to simulate testing conditions as this test is LONG

Good luck everyone!
Does CCS cases have
-stat orders and
-diagnosis screen(where you have to write the diagnosis before consulting or at the end of case?

Or have they changed the pattern and uworld ccs is out dated?

Just wanted to share to help others on prepping.
Step I- 260
Step II- 268
UWSA I- 222
UWSA- 242
Step III- 249

Used uworld, uworld biostats, YouTube Randy Neill videos, and ccscases.com

questions day 1 were easy and most biostats were very straightforward. Uworld biostats questions and Randy Neill videos are excellent. Day 2 questions were way more difficult, might have just been burned about but always got down to 2-3 answers and had difficulty deciding. Uworld cases suck, would go with ccscases. They’re great and prepare you well. Every case ended for me in like 5-7 minutes. Used a shotgun approach to labs and just threw everything in, worked really well.

Questions welcome

Reactions: 3 users
I got 204 in UWSA 2 and 201 in UWSA 1 two months ago, exam on August.
Should I postpone to get at least 15 points above passing score like step 2ck and step 1?

Rolled into this test like a 2 year old at an EDM concert having no ****ing clue what’s going on.

Day 1:
- skipped every single ad question
- guessed on half the bio stats
- forgot to study first aid for step 1 is what it seems.
- marked 75% of questions
- apparently didn’t read the USMLE book of ethics for the 50 ethics questions in weird scenarios that happened never in real life.
- stopped at a Macdonalds after the exam to check out my new work environment after failing this test.

day 2:
- ran out of time on every MQ block.
- no CCS cases ended early. All kept going with “patient feels better” but never ended early.
-had no idea what to do on a case.
- called up my PD to tell them I failed step 3.

Actual score: 240’s. PD still thinks I’m a dumb ****. Macdonalds turned down my application.

• Haha