Program-Specific Info / Q's Stockton U, NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scratchy

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear back yet from Stockton University in NJ? It's my first choice school, and I haven't heard back from them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview the 8th via email. But I think they are still sending emails to a few! Did you go to Stockton for undergrad?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lucky duck! I went to Excelsior for undergrad. I've been accepted to Usciences, but Stockton is so local for me, and so inexpensive.

Anyone hear back yet from Stockton University in NJ? It's my first choice school, and I haven't heard back from them yet.
Stockton held interviews on February 1 and February 8. They stated they will make their decisions by the end of the month.

Received acceptance letter today.

Last edited:
Yeah same. Stockton is close by for me as well. I hope I get in because it's the only school I'm applying to lol

Received my acceptance letter today. Hope you hear from them too.

They had said I'd hear something by March 1st (tomorrow). So, should I assume that I will be denied since I didn't get invited for an interview?

Received my acceptance letter today. Hope you hear from them too.
Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, how did you hear back about your acceptance? (phone, mail, email?)

For those who got accepted, how were you notified? For those who got waitlisted/rejected, how were you notified? Asking for a friend who applied that doesn't use SDN

anyone hear back from them today? I know decisions were supposed to go out

anyone hear back from them today? I know decisions were supposed to go out
I called them yesterday to find out about the status and to ask if I should expect to be denied since I had not interviewed. He said "not necessarily". (Not sure if I believe that - but at least it gave me hope!). He said they were sending more letters out yesterday and today. So, should know something by next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a letter today that I was denied...

I called them yesterday to find out about the status and to ask if I should expect to be denied since I had not interviewed. He said "not necessarily". (Not sure if I believe that - but at least it gave me hope!). He said they were sending more letters out yesterday and today. So, should know something by next week.

I received a letter of rejection in the mail. Figures since I didn’t get an interview invitation. Good luck everyone!

For those who got accepted, how were you notified? For those who got waitlisted/rejected, how were you notified? Asking for a friend who applied that doesn't use SDN
I had an interview mid February. Interview invite was sent through e-mail. Then I received a letter in the mail on Friday, saying I was put on the wait list.

I had an interview mid February. Interview invite was sent through e-mail. Then I received a letter in the mail on Friday, saying I was put on the wait list.
I hope you get off the waitlist!!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

After never receiving any notification in the mail, I contacted them and they sent me my answer by e-mail - DENIAL. :( So, I guess I got my answer - if you are not asked to interview, you will not be accepted. I just don't get what you need to even get an interview. I have a 4.0 GPA, 100 hours of OT observation, I am currently retaking Abnormal Psych that I had gotten a B- in and I have a 4.0 in the other pre-requisites. Maybe it's because I still have to take A&P 2?

After never receiving any notification in the mail, I contacted them and they sent me my answer by e-mail - DENIAL. :( So, I guess I got my answer - if you are not asked to interview, you will not be accepted. I just don't get what you need to even get an interview. I have a 4.0 GPA, 100 hours of OT observation, I am currently retaking Abnormal Psych that I had gotten a B- in and I have a 4.0 in the other pre-requisites. Maybe it's because I still have to take A&P 2?
I was assuming I didn't get an invite to interview because I am from California and I've heard they prefer in state applicants? But if you're from NJ and have those amazing stats I'm super confused too. I wrote a kick ass supplemental essay for them and have decent stats I think but they're my only rejection so idk what they look for either lol. They were on the bottom of my list so I'm not worried about it but this whole process confirmed to me that it's sort of random

Has anyone who was waitlisted heard anything from Stockton?

I was waitlisted and I just am curious if anyone has heard anything that’s in the same position?

Has anyone who was waitlisted heard anything from Stockton?

I was waitlisted and I just am curious if anyone has heard anything that’s in the same position?

Still nothing. When I went for my interview, they said those offered acceptances would be given two weeks to make a deposit. Since I secured my spot on the waitlist 3/3, 2 weeks would be 3/17. So I am thinking they will start going through the waitlist next week if need be. I think the next few weeks will be the best indication of whether or not we get pulled from the waitlist. Fingers crossed!

Still nothing. When I went for my interview, they said those offered acceptances would be given two weeks to make a deposit. Since I secured my spot on the waitlist 3/3, 2 weeks would be 3/17. So I am thinking they will start going through the waitlist next week if need be. I think the next few weeks will be the best indication of whether or not we get pulled from the waitlist. Fingers crossed!
Yes I was talking to one girl that got accepted and she said she had to send her decision by Friday March 9th. So I was thinking they might make some calls this week but who knows! I’m trying to remain positive but waiting for a call is killing me!!

Yes I was talking to one girl that got accepted and she said she had to send her decision by Friday March 9th. So I was thinking they might make some calls this week but who knows! I’m trying to remain positive but waiting for a call is killing me!!
I think this week is spring break for most schools, maybe the campus is closed, and they will make calls next week? Waiting is killing me too, especially since we do not know what number we are on the list. I already am starting to prepare to apply again next year just to be safe.

I think this week is spring break for most schools, maybe the campus is closed, and they will make calls next week? Waiting is killing me too, especially since we do not know what number we are on the list. I already am starting to prepare to apply again next year just to be safe.
I really wish there was a way to know, so then we would know if we have a chance or not

I agree, but there is no way of knowing if you have a chance even if you know your spot on the list...Suppose a majority of the people accepted decided to go to Stockton. You could be number 5 on the list, yet if only four spots open up, you might as well be the last one on the list. Also if 1-4 accept offers elsewhere, you would be #1. It's really unpredictable, but the list can move. The OT I am shadowing now went to Stockton, and she said that 25 students in her class got in from the waitlist, which is good to hear. :)

I'm just trying not to dwell on it now because knowing my spot will not change it. Best of luck to you, let me know if you hear anything :)

For those of you who were asked to interview at Stockton, did you have all of your pre-requisites completed when you applied? Can you post your "stats"? Thanks.

I agree, but there is no way of knowing if you have a chance even if you know your spot on the list...Suppose a majority of the people accepted decided to go to Stockton. You could be number 5 on the list, yet if only four spots open up, you might as well be the last one on the list. Also if 1-4 accept offers elsewhere, you would be #1. It's really unpredictable, but the list can move. The OT I am shadowing now went to Stockton, and she said that 25 students in her class got in from the waitlist, which is good to hear. :)

I'm just trying not to dwell on it now because knowing my spot will not change it. Best of luck to you, let me know if you hear anything :)
Yes that’s what they said when I went for my interview! The best way to be throughout this experience is to be positive so that’s what I’ll continue to do! Best of luck to you as well, let me know if you hear anything as well!!

For those of you who were asked to interview at Stockton, did you have all of your pre-requisites completed when you applied? Can you post your "stats"? Thanks.
Yes I did have all of the pre-requisites completed when I applied. I had a overall gpa of 3.8 and I got all As in my pre requisite classes and one B+. I had a lot of experience with volunteering, observations, and working as well.

Yes, I graduated with my BA in May '17, and all of my prereqs were completed with A's. My GPA when I graduated was 3.9. However, I did poor my first year at a different school, so my overall GPA was like a 3.5 on OTCAS.
I had 50 hours of observation across 2 different settings. 6 years working with my company, while going to school. Part of 2 clubs at school, and volunteered for a nonprofit that works with older adults.
I think having the prereqs done gives you a bigger advantage because they know your grade in the class.

Thanks for replying. I guess that's why I wasn't asked to interview. I still have A & P 2 left to complete. You both have excellent stats - I hope you get in!

Second year applying...Hoping for better news this year!

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard back Fromm stocktons OT program regarding an interview

Haven’t heard anything yet! Previous forums seem like interviews were already set up by this time last year

Update: Someone has posted they have an interview set up for 2/6, not sure what this means for those who haven’t heard back yet

Last edited:
I got an email with an interview invite on 1/21. There were 2 time slots to sign up for on 2 different days, the 6th and the 13 of feb. I wouldn’t get disappointed, if people turn down their invite, they will need to send out more. I think that’s what happened to me last year, I got an invite really close to the interview date.

Does anyone have any advice for the interview? What specific questions they ask?

Does anyone have any advice for the interview? What specific questions they ask?
I was waitlisted last year (hoping for another chance this year) and the interview included an essay with a situational question and a private interview with 2 professors. I felt very comfortable speaking with them as they were very nice and attentive to my answers. The questions were mostly the usual so I wasn't thrown off. You'll also be introduced to all of the professors/faculty and director, some current students, and get to tour the OT classrooms and labs. Good luck!

Yes, they conducted interviews 2/13 and 2/6!

didn't hear a peep, not even a confirmation email saying they received my app!

Congrats!! Will you be attending? I’m hoping to be on the waitlist.

Yes Im going to put my deposit down! Also if you had an interview they said they rarely give denials so it’s either an acceptance or waitlist! :)

Just found out I was waitlisted today. Is anyone else that was waitlisted having issues with uploading the waitlist form to their supplemental app?

Just found out I was waitlisted today. Is anyone else that was waitlisted having issues with uploading the waitlist form to their supplemental app?
Did you have an interview?