Straight Up--> Which books should I summarize? K's or EK's Comprehensive Info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShyD33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Straight Up--> Which books should I summarize? K's or EK's Comprehensive Info?

which means all 4 books for Kaplan or all 5 books for EK's?

which are better and why? need to make a decision asap!

Members don't see this ad.

I did that for both the kaplan and the princeton review comprehensive MCAT review books. Why can't you do the same for kaplan and examkrackers?
sometimes more is more.

jebus said:
I did that for both the kaplan and the princeton review comprehensive MCAT review books. Why can't you do the same for kaplan and examkrackers?
sometimes more is more.

i applaud that effort! i just don't have the time.

I have medical school classes through june 16th (BU GMS) and need to pick one.

no, man, it was just 2 books.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037576352X/
&
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743266153/
A lot of people do just EK. On these forums, EK seems to be the king pimp of MCAT Prep Mountain. I don't know why, people just say it is. I would trust them. I did well using those 2 books linked above.
What's the GMS program at BU? Is it the same as the MAMS program? I'm applying to the MAMS program. If you are in the MAMS program, how do you like it? Any other words about it? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
jebus said:
no, man, it was just 2 books.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037576352X/
&
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743266153/
A lot of people do just EK. On these forums, EK seems to be the king pimp of MCAT Prep Mountain. I don't know why, people just say it is. I would trust them. I did well using those 2 books linked above.
What's the GMS program at BU? Is it the same as the MAMS program? I'm applying to the MAMS program. If you are in the MAMS program, how do you like it? Any other words about it? Thanks.

cool man. thats basically the same stuff as the individual books for either kaplan or princton review (all piled in one big book)

for me its between Kaplan and EK (I have old kaplan.. but am curious about EKs comprehensive info i.e. all 5 books they have (whether or not its in one big book))

this also dictates which prep course Im going to take... so i dunno. kaplan sure does have a lot of info to offer outside of their "bad 3 hour lectures"

also yeah... Im in the MAMS program.. its a part of the GMS (graduate medical sciences division of BUMS)

Its awesome. I took histology --> earned the highest grade (including over med students) and biochem (a- there). now i have physiology... with endocrinology and immunology running from May 15th - June 16th.

Trust me when i say thats its awesome. BU's GMS division is super supportive.. the faculty have been nothing by helpful.. the program is designed to 1) get to medical school classes (as many as possible) 2) get you letters of reccomendation from medical faculty (and possible ADCOMs) 3) prepare your AMCAS app 4) expose you to outreach opportunities. , etc, etc.

If youre doing the the graduate med thing first... def. do GT or BU (BU in fact was first over GT made theres) (shoot me with any other questions) -SR

any other opin's on books? EKs or Kaplans?

this will tell me which prep course to do

I'm taking the Kaplan course right now and also using the EK books. I like the EK books a lot better than the Kaplan ones, I feel like they explain everything a lot better.

I agree with DF38, the EK books do explain things a bit better, but they also leave some things out (probably nothing really important though). If you're strapped for time then the EK books are probably better to focus on, but if you have access to the Kaplan ones, then it'd be worth it to read through them after you've finished the EK stuff or feel a little lacking in any particular area.

Hi,

I was reading your response and you were talking about the program you are in . I know absolutely nothing about your program and i would like to get more info. Is it like a post-bacc program to increase your chances of getting in? . I would really appreciate it if you took the time to explain to me because you seem to be taking some interesting classes .

Thanks Cat

also yeah... Im in the MAMS program.. its a part of the GMS (graduate medical sciences division of BUMS)

Its awesome. I took histology --> earned the highest grade (including over med students) and biochem (a- there). now i have physiology... with endocrinology and immunology running from May 15th - June 16th.

Trust me when i say thats its awesome. BU's GMS division is super supportive.. the faculty have been nothing by helpful.. the program is designed to 1) get to medical school classes (as many as possible) 2) get you letters of reccomendation from medical faculty (and possible ADCOMs) 3) prepare your AMCAS app 4) expose you to outreach opportunities. , etc, etc.

If youre doing the the graduate med thing first... def. do GT or BU (BU in fact was first over GT made theres) (shoot me with any other questions) -SR

any other opin's on books? EKs or Kaplans?

this will tell me which prep course to do[/QUOTE]

cathyrn said:
Hi,

I was reading your response and you were talking about the program you are in . I know absolutely nothing about your program and i would like to get more info. Is it like a post-bacc program to increase your chances of getting in? . I would really appreciate it if you took the time to explain to me because you seem to be taking some interesting classes .

I PMd yah (and posted a thread on the Post-Bacc forum to get some more info from other people)

From jebus

Good call. thats actually very doable... Do the EK books, and then go back to the Kaplan ones when your done to compare and update (I think thats my plan!)

Any other info about EK vs. Kaplan's books? (for one last shot)

:eek: should i use physics EK 1001 to practice or not??? please tell me from your experience ??!! thanks!