Studying before pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dannys00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any study materials out there that I can utilize before attending pharmacy school in August? I haven't brushed up on ochem and biochem in years.

Thank in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would study the state of the job market for pharmacists and whether it would still be worth it to take out astronomical student loans to go to pharmacy school.

Given that, I would study other professions that you can go into other than pharmacy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Are there any study materials out there that I can utilize before attending pharmacy school in August? I haven't brushed up on ochem and biochem in years.

Thank in advance.

Wouldn't do you any good.

1) Organic Chem is a waste of time (You'd be lucky if you do arrow pushing for the most basic pro-drugs on the market or on certain antibiotics and how certain "bugs" can deactivate them...even then doubtful).

2) Studying all facets of Biochem is also a waste as certain programs only cover specific subtopics (better known as medicinal chemistry). No use in memorizing all the amino acids and their structures as some programs don't require that much detail, no need to memorize the krebs cycle as it's something you can brain dump or not ever be tested on (especially every...single...step).

If you feel like you have to study, I'd start by memorizing the top 300 brand/generic names.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Thank in advance.
Study your tuition bill! PSLF basics!
Are you sure you want to start a pharm.d program in 2021?

Reactions: 1 user
Study the Brand/Generics for the top 200 drugs. I recommend using quizlet.