Studying for the DAT in a short period of time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldentist22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm writing the CDAT in February (I have about 7 weeks to study for it), but I was wondering if anyone had written the DAT with a short amount of studying time? Could you guys give me any advise/tips? TIA! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not sure how much the CDAT and American DAT differentiate, so you’d probably get more replies posting in the international dental forum, but some general advice I would give is to completely devote yourself to studying. I studied for 7 weeks as well, doing 8 hours a day (some days more) for 6 days a week with light review the 7th day, but mostly used it to socialize a little and rest a lot. DO NOT do anything else, not even if it’s just research for a couple hours a week. I used chads videos, boot camp, and destroyer religiously but not sure if that would apply to you. I’d also make sure to do at least 5 practice tests before your actual DAT. With that methodology I was able to swing a 23AA and 22TS (a bit above average) so I have faith that you can do it too! Just focus, believe in yourself, and most importantly don’t forget to take care of yourself.

Best of luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not sure how much the CDAT and American DAT differentiate, so you’d probably get more replies posting in the international dental forum, but some general advice I would give is to completely devote yourself to studying. I studied for 7 weeks as well, doing 8 hours a day (some days more) for 6 days a week with light review the 7th day, but mostly used it to socialize a little and rest a lot. DO NOT do anything else, not even if it’s just research for a couple hours a week. I used chads videos, boot camp, and destroyer religiously but not sure if that would apply to you. I’d also make sure to do at least 5 practice tests before your actual DAT. With that methodology I was able to swing a 23AA and 22TS (a bit above average) so I have faith that you can do it too! Just focus, believe in yourself, and most importantly don’t forget to take care of yourself.

Best of luck!!!
Thank you so much! The main difference is we don't have orgo or math. But we do have a manual dexterity portion (soap carving), which is optional since only a few schools here require it.