Studying Medicine in Spain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello I am a medical graduate from the Philippines currently pursuing Pediatrics. Anybody who can help me go through the process of applying for residency training in Spain? I am currently registered here but willing to re-register for medicine in Spain for training and I willing to master the language. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

In response to elenamp: Any of those places sound amazing. I studied in Oviedo for 5 months, so if you are worried about the weather, it is very mild there. Never too hot, never too cold. I guess thats because of the location, between the coast and mountains (incredibly beautiful green ones!) It's also very beautiful, has great seafood, and delicious sidra! As any other city in Spain, it is very fun.

I also have questions for any american student going to study medicine in Spain (or if you know someone who has!) I am a college pre-med student but I will do the convalidacion of my high school diploma, because that seemed to make the most sense. I will also have to take the selectividad. Does anyone know how easy it is to enter the universities being from the states? And any suggestions for studying for this exam?

I would appreciate any help from anyone. And of course, after I complete this process around June or July, I will gladly help any with questions on this process!

Hi, I am second year medicine student from Poland and I'd like to do my summer practices in Barcelona. Do you have in Spain summer practises? Maybe there is here someone who is going to work in hospital in Barcelona this summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
hii all
guys i m new ovahere
i m from pakistan but studying in china.i have studied chinese language in the first year now i m in 2nd year just startedmy medical.i want to migrate to spain in barcelona bcoz my relatives are living there for last 20 years.
i want to know is it possible?if yes then which university will accept mymigration and how to contact?
guyz plz do reply!!
thnx

hi,
i'm a medical doctor and thinking about going to spain to studay Healthcare management. i would like to know anything about the program there and how to apply to it and if possible how long will take to get an exeptance in the programm.

Thanks

Hi

I'm studying medicine as well --- why would you like to study it in Spain? --- It is different since recently Spanish students are very popular in eastern universities???

Yola

Hi. I am going to be a fourth year medical student in Chicago. I studied in Granada, Spain during undergrad and would really really like to do a medical rotation or work/volunteer in a hospital in Spain for a month or so. Anyone have thoughts, experiences or ideas? Any medical students in Spain that can help me out? I would love it if it could be in Granada but I know it's small there, so anywhere in southern Spain would be fantastic.
Thanks!

hey guys....Im 3rd year med. student...& as I heard that Spain has a priority in ophthalmology science...& Im seriously thinking of specializing in Spain...anyone has Idea about the best university in this field??? any exams I shud do to get accepted??? what r they???
Thnx in Advanced

hi guyz, i am also a medical student at 3rd course, i would like to ask you, do i have to give an exam to show that i am qualified to do there pg? (i am studying in ukraine) which qualifies i need to study and work there? plz someone will reply...
thx!!!

hi there i m Moroccan i ve been graduated this year from Cairo university i was wondering how can i apply for residency in Spain i ve heard that i should pass the mir exam then i apply for residency ....
is this true and can i apply for any specialty that i want as plastic surgery and do i get paid during my residency years or i ll pay for my position
and where i get the info about the mir exam and do i should go to the Spanish embassy to get more info or it doest matter ...

I know about a new medical degree course in medicine and dentistry in Spain at Cardenal herrera in Valencia...

I found them by Googling 'study medicine in spain'. md-uch.com

they are taught in English and students from UK and US are so far loving it out there so am thinking of applying.....does anyone have any further info on this?

Carlos :)

Reactions: 1 user
I know about a new medical degree course in medicine and dentistry in Spain at Cardenal herrera in Valencia...

I found them by Googling 'study medicine in spain'.

they are taught in English and students from UK and US are so far loving it out there so am thinking of applying.....does anyone have any further info on this?

Carlos :)

Hi guys,

I am a 31 year old Irish physio looking to study medicine in Spain, initially in english but obviously as I become more competent, then in Spanish.

Any advice/info on the Uni Navarra would be much appreciated (or other options for that matter???

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I am a new member here.. and I was wondering if anyone can help me with information to proceed with process of studying in Spain. I am currently living in Toronto, Canada studying Psychology as a major and Biology as a minor for my BA. I would like to continue my studies after graduating to study in Spain for medical school.
I am studying Spanish so by the time I graduate I can be fluent in Spanish and live in Spain for at least 6 months to develop more Spanish.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the process? What are the requirements for international students? Which University is recommended? How difficult is the examination? I tried to check myself but it is difficult when my Spanish if very minimal.

If anyone can give me more information that would be very much appreciated:)

Thank you!!!

hi I'm a high school student from India..in future I want to become doctor in spain what should I do?

Hello, Sepaul. I think that tonypowerful answered your cuestions in a private message, but if you want to know somthing, only ask to me.
Hello,
I am an international student currently in the USA. I wanted to know the requirements that are needed to get into a medical program in Spain. I have no idea about any of the universities in Spain either.
I basically wanted to know whether there are universities that teach in English as well...and if there are, what are the minimum requirements to get into those universities.

Please let me know.
Sid.

Hi guys,
I see that many questions are asked about MD in Spain,I'm a sixth year medical school student from the University Of Navarra, so don't hesitate to ask about any doubt u have...Sepaul u've got a detailed private message,happy new year

Hello Tony,
I am an international student currently working in the USA. I have a bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics but I'm done with it. I was thinking of getting into a medical program but it is very expensive in the US.
So I wanted to know about medical schools in Spain.

Could you tell me what are the basic requirements to get intoa medical school in Spain? I mean do I need a pre-med degree (4years) like they do in the US before getting into medical school?
Also, are there some universities that teach the program in English? and if so, what is the average fees of such universities?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sid.

Salut! I am an American student without a bachelor's degree and am very interested in studying medicine in Spain!

1. Which school has the best English Medical program
  2. Is it taught all in English?
  3. What are all the entry requirements for American students or Non EU students?
  4. Are there any scholarships offered to Non EU students?

If you can refer me to the best contact (preferably in English), that would be great,
Nicole

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone could offer any words of wisdom/advice! I'm British, 28 and been living in Seville for the past 5 years as a translator. Part of what has gotten me interested in medicine is translating medical texts. I'd love to study medicine in Spain, but I'm thoroughly confused about how I can apply. As I already have A-levels (not in sciences albeit) and a degree (in Modern Languages), am I right in thinking I can't go for the Acceso para Mayores de 25? So how could I apply to do Medicine? I can't find any way that would make it possible! As I see people on this forum who have achieved it/are in similar positions, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Nick

Hello everyone!

I have seen that you are talking about studying medicine in Spain (universities, requirements for American students...) and I wanted to recommend you a website that will help you!

It is called Medical Schools Europe and it´s an organization that helps students who want to study medicine, dentistry, veterinary, pharmacy, psychology… in Europe (for Americans and people from other countries). They help you with all the organization, bureaucracy, and the university in general... because they cooperate with many universities so its easier to make it with them! They also offer USMLE preparation courses (United States Medical Licensing Examination).

I recommend it 100%!! If you guys want to study in Europe, they have many universities you should check! This is their website http://www.medical-schools-europe.com/

They also have FB, and TW so you can check them all;) probably you will like the idea!

Rewards!!

Hi Everyone! I am studying abroad this year in England. It has really exposed me medical schools abroad and has sparked my interest. The only school I have looked at so far is Navarra, in Spain, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Also I am very unfamiliar to the process. I am taking the MCAT in June and I am graduating with a BS in biology in 2017, how do these credits apply? Also does anyone have a good source of information for the BMAT?

Thanks!
Nick

Hello everyone!

Nick my case is similar than yours so I write because maybe my experience will help you. I was studying abroad in Zagreb University and I changed to a Spanish university, the Universitat Internacional of Catalunya. I am really happy because I thought It was going to be complicated but it wont. In spain study medicine is really dificult because of the grades...they require really high grades, but I found by internet the organization MariamF coment, it is calls Medical School Europe ( http://www.medical-schools-europe.com/). They helped me with all the registration process, finding accommodation, funding, everything!

Now Im really happy, I am meeting new students from different countries and learning spanish too;)

If you want to study medicine in Spain or in Europe I 100% recomend you to check their website!

Sincerely

I am looking at Navarra as well, but I need BMAT for this. I've heard of blackstone bmat....not sure how else to prepare?

Hello everyone!

Nick my case is similar than yours so I write because maybe my experience will help you. I was studying abroad in Zagreb University and I changed to a Spanish university, the Universitat Internacional of Catalunya. I am really happy because I thought It was going to be complicated but it wont. In spain study medicine is really dificult because of the grades...they require really high grades, but I found by internet the organization MariamF coment, it is calls Medical School Europe ( http://www.medical-schools-europe.com/). They helped me with all the registration process, finding accommodation, funding, everything!

Now Im really happy, I am meeting new students from different countries and learning spanish too;)

If you want to study medicine in Spain or in Europe I 100% recomend you to check their website!

Sincerely

I'm so glad I found this website. Thanks, everyone, for all the great info. I too am looking to study medicine in Spain and have been doing lots of research, but it seems quite complicated.

1. I was happy to see you mention this website http://www.medical-schools-europe.com/ that would help you, but there are no universities in Spain on it. Is that the organization you really used to help you with the Spanish university? Do you know of any others?

2. Does anyone have experience at Navarra, Universidad de Barcelona, or UAB (Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona)? I used these rankings (http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities) to find a uni in Spain and those are the only 3. UAB and Uni of Barcelona only have courses in Catalan or Spanish. I could do Spanish (though difficult because I'm not at uni level) but not Catalan.

3. Any other recommended universities to look at?

4. Has anyone studied in Spain but then gotten into residency in US? I know it's supposed to be difficult.

Thanks so much!!

Hi guys,
I see that many questions are asked about MD in Spain,I'm a sixth year medical school student from the University Of Navarra, so don't hesitate to ask about any doubt u have...Sepaul u've got a detailed private message,happy new year
Hey I am in undergrad in the states getting my BS after I graduate I want to go to medical school in Spain and practice there. What schools are an option to me? And with my BS I go there for 6years? Thanks

Anyone who is studying in spain, I have a bachellors in biomedical sciences. I'm very interested in studying and living in spain, and would love to learn more about life in spain, costs of living, and which school would work best for me.
Thank you!!!

Yes and no. A close family member is a student at a Spanish medical school after obtaining a BS in Biochem in the States. This is the second Spanish medical school she's attending after a mostly unsuccessful 6-year run at one of the Madrid universities. She's passed all her classes thus far and is very happy with her new school.

The weeding process in Spain is more akin to the program taking 1.5 to twice as long for most students. Rarely does anyone graduate on time. The medical curriculum is six years long, although you might be able to transfer some of your US undergraduate courses as relative did. Basically the first 3 years are basic sciences and the last 3 years are clinicals. The tuition is quite reasonable, but the cost of living is expensive.

A word to the wise, stay away from the large Madrid universities (UCM, UAM, and Alcala de Henares). These schools are impersonal bureaucracies set up as public money-making institutions and largely staffed by uncaring, disaffected professors and staff who don't care about helping their students out. In fact, many profs. are professionally frustrated and derive perverse pleasure in seeing their students fail an annual exam by 1 point or less. And there is no such thing as academic counseling and/or personal counseling as we know it. You're basically on your own with no support whatsoever. Not all Spanish universities are the same, though. I suggest that if you're serious about studying in Spain, attend one of the smaller medical schools far from the capital.
Hey! Would you be able to provide me the name of her school? I'm in the same position, finished my Bachelor as Pre-Med in the states and want to apply for Medical School in Spain. I need to transfer my credits because I dont wanna do more 6 years. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

HI TONYPOWERFUL You must a Dr. already but I hope you still have feedback for people wanting to go to Universidad de Navarra to study in Pamplona) I hear they now require a BMAT test and or the University exam. I above 25 with a Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Science BS degree. My Email is [email protected]