Studying thermo and electro chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heartsink

Medical student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read about these topics in sdn is related to mcat studying and I was wondering if anyone had any good sources of practice problems for electro chem and thermodynamics (with an actual answer key) that I could chew on.

I have an exam tomorrow on electro chem and the end of thermo (gibbs free energy stuff) and everything in my textbook is either softball questions where you just plug and chug equations, or are so complicated and contrived I don't know how to begin them. Our professors advice for practice problems in the text book was "do all the practice problems in the textbook with answer keys". Great. Thanks. What a guy.

Electro chem isn't as hard as thermo but my studying has been hurting on material for Gen Chem 2 overall because I don't feel like im getting the practice I need, and i dont know where to find it.

I've googled a couple times but I never find good practice problems with answers, so i end up just shooting in the dark, hoping I did it right.. And i don't suppose chemistry is going to get easier here on out.

Any suggestions on studying for this kind of material?

Members don't see this ad.

Chad's videos have a pretty good electrochem series in the MCAT prep with associated quizzes; They probably have a good electrochem series just for Gen Chem that may go a bit deeper. The quizzes aren't too difficult, but really, once you get your head well around the concepts, the calculations should be a lay-up...

You can get a week free for signing up, then cancel your subscription if you so choose.

If you do go with it, you could list me as the referrer and I would get a free week of access (username: Quik).

I wouldn't discount out of hand your professor's suggestion to use the textbook questions... More likely than not he'll be basing some of his exam questions off of the textbook exercises. If you think the questions in your text aren't helpful, try going to your university library and using a different Gen Chem textbook.