Suit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJRo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a new suit, and went on about five interviews before I realized the small brand tag was still on the right sleeve (I had taken it to a tailor and assumed they would have taken it off, but I guess they didn't and I failed to notice it). It sort of blended in, it was a thin black strip with white lettering and the suit was black. Would this have left a notably bad impression if noticed? Many interviewers probably didn't even notice but I imagine that if they did I looked pretty tacky.

Probably not a big deal but I guess that as March is approaching I worry about every little thing.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently bought a new suit, and went on about five interviews before I realized the small brand tag was still on the right sleeve (I had taken it to a tailor and assumed they would have taken it off, but I guess they didn't and I failed to notice it). It sort of blended in, it was a thin black strip with white lettering and the suit was black. Would this have left a notably bad impression if noticed? Many interviewers probably didn't even notice but I imagine that if they did I looked pretty tacky.

Probably not a big deal but I guess that as March is approaching I worry about every little thing.

It's not a big deal at all. I doubt that they noticed. And even if they did, it would NOT leave a "notably bad impression."

Don't worry about it. :)

Not an important thing. This is the bane of January - too much time to think about this sort of stuff. Your ranking should not be affected by this.