Sullivan University, Class of 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh no. I'm so sorry. I saw others who applied last year late who've said they were interviewed first group when application processed opened. So if you don't get in with another school this year you may have a great chance getting in for the 2017 class. Keep your head up. I hope to hear that you all get in next year or get on the alternate list this year. That would be great. Good luck to you. Thank you for the best wishes. :luck:

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate that. You are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear anything about interviews in nov!! I still havent heard anything :/

Did anyone hear anything about interviews in nov!! I still havent heard anything :/

I just got an email saying that I got an interview at Sullivan for Nov 16th today. I literally sent in my application last week and they just got everything they needed in this week but somehow I got an interview....is this normal? I thought I was gonna be too late.

Can anyone help me with how to prepare for the interview? Like what kinds of questions do they ask, how formal do I have to dress, and what I really need to look out for or prepare for? What does the interview even consist of? Sorry for all the questions but this is my first interview and I wanna be really prepared! I'm so excited.

Last edited:
Oh wow!! That is very interesting! the last email I received was on oct 18th saying to wait till nov to hear something. Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you have a degree?

Oh wow!! That is very interesting! the last email I received was on oct 18th saying to wait till nov to hear something. Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you have a degree?

Oh I don't mind at all : )

GPA:
Science GPA: 4.0
Work Experience: Interned at a pharmacy and tutoring
Extra Cir.: Involved in about 5 clubs, volunteer at my local nursing home every summer since high school, and do service events/fundraisers with my school clubs
Honors/Scholarships: Dean's List for every semester of college, two scholarships that I get every year that are based on grades
LOR: Got 3 LOR sent in (one from chem teacher, one from biol, and one from a pharmacist)....they all love me and have written really strong letters for me so that prob helped alot

And no I don't have a degree, just my prereqs!

I just got an email saying that I got an interview at Sullivan for Nov 16th today. I literally sent in my application last week and they just got everything they needed in this week but somehow I got an interview....is this normal? I thought I was gonna be too late.

Can anyone help me with how to prepare for the interview? Like what kinds of questions do they ask, how formal do I have to dress, and what I really need to look out for or prepare for? What does the interview even consist of? Sorry for all the questions but this is my first interview and I wanna be really prepared! I'm so excited.

Hey congrats on your interview! For the questions part, I used the interview feedback portion of this website. Every question that I was asked was on this page. But also prepare for other questions just in case, because I know there were some people that were asked questions that wasn't listed in the interview feedback section, I was lucky enough to have all my questions coming from this page. For other possible questions I just googled "pharmacy interview questions". Look as professional as possible, I am a guy so I wore a suit. There were many girls there that wore suits but there were others who just wore nice pants and a button shirt; it never hurts to be over dressed. I prepared by making answers for each of questions on the interview feedback and practicing them. I wouldn't memorize your answers word for word, just know the general idea of what you want to tell them, this will make your answers sound more genuine and authentic rather than sounding like you are quoting from a book. The interview only lasted 20-25 minutes, which isn't a long time at all, so prepare your answers to be strong yet concise. I only answered a total of 4 questions throughout my interview. Depending on who you get as an interviewer, you will have a different interview experience. I know some people who were rushed on their answers and others who weren't rushed. I was the one of the interviewees that wasn't rushed because I had Dr. Facione as an interviewer. Everyone there is really nice so no need to be worried, just make sure you can impress whoever's interviewing you with your answers. Be aware of issues in healthcare and why you want to be a pharmacist and what facet of pharmacy that you think you can contribute the most in (think outside the box - this answer will also demonstrate what you know about the field and what it has to offer). Also don't forget to smile and breath, you will do great!! Good luck!

Hey congrats on your interview! For the questions part, I used the interview feedback portion of this website. Every question that I was asked was on this page. But also prepare for other questions just in case, because I know there were some people that were asked questions that wasn't listed in the interview feedback section, I was lucky enough to have all my questions coming from this page. For other possible questions I just googled "pharmacy interview questions". Look as professional as possible, I am a guy so I wore a suit. There were many girls there that wore suits but there were others who just wore nice pants and a button shirt; it never hurts to be over dressed. I prepared by making answers for each of questions on the interview feedback and practicing them. I wouldn't memorize your answers word for word, just know the general idea of what you want to tell them, this will make your answers sound more genuine and authentic rather than sounding like you are quoting from a book. The interview only lasted 20-25 minutes, which isn't a long time at all, so prepare your answers to be strong yet concise. I only answered a total of 4 questions throughout my interview. Depending on who you get as an interviewer, you will have a different interview experience. I know some people who were rushed on their answers and others who weren't rushed. I was the one of the interviewees that wasn't rushed because I had Dr. Facione as an interviewer. Everyone there is really nice so no need to be worried, just make sure you can impress whoever's interviewing you with your answers. Be aware of issues in healthcare and why you want to be a pharmacist and what facet of pharmacy that you think you can contribute the most in (think outside the box - this answer will also demonstrate what you know about the field and what it has to offer). Also don't forget to smile and breath, you will do great!! Good luck!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll def check out the interview questions and work it out this weekend. The only thing is that I have an orgo test the same friday as my interview (I'm out of state btw) and I emailed my teacher saying that if it was possible if I could take my test another day in case Sullivan doesn't allow me to reschedule but she said that graduate interviews are not a valid excuse to make up an exam.....do you think Sullivan will allow me to make up the interview date? I hope so bc I really wanna go but I also don't wanna jeopardize my grade for orgo.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll def check out the interview questions and work it out this weekend. The only thing is that I have an orgo test the same friday as my interview (I'm out of state btw) and I emailed my teacher saying that if it was possible if I could take my test another day in case Sullivan doesn't allow me to reschedule but she said that graduate interviews are not a valid excuse to make up an exam.....do you think Sullivan will allow me to make up the interview date? I hope so bc I really wanna go but I also don't wanna jeopardize my grade for orgo.

That's a pretty bad situation that you're in. I don't know why your professor wouldn't let you take the test earlier or at a different time. I think having a graduate school interview is a legitimate excuse. Are there multiple times that this professor teaches the class, if so can you ask them if you can sit a different section and take your test with that section instead of your regular class period. I know when I was in undergrad at Pitt many students were allowed to take the test with the earlier sections. You can try to reschedule but you do not want to risk losing your chance at gaining entrance for the class of 2016. If this was earlier in the application cycle I would say to reschedule, but Sullivan is almost completely full if not already full. I am not sure how many seats are left but from reading the previous posts on here it seems as if there aren't many. Who knows they might be completely full by the next interview (your interview) and those who get interviews afterwards are put on the alternate list. I would contact Alyse and talk to her about your situation she can be more specific with you about the details of what would happen if you rescheduled. She will let you know if the class of 2016 is already full and if they are interviewing you for the class of 2017 or if you still have a shot at the class of 2016, after which you can decide whether it is worth it to reschedule or not.

That's a pretty bad situation that you're in. I don't know why your professor wouldn't let you take the test earlier or at a different time. I think having a graduate school interview is a legitimate excuse. Are there multiple times that this professor teaches the class, if so can you ask them if you can sit a different section and take your test with that section instead of your regular class period. I know when I was in undergrad at Pitt many students were allowed to take the test with the earlier sections. You can try to reschedule but you do not want to risk losing your chance at gaining entrance for the class of 2016. If this was earlier in the application cycle I would say to reschedule, but Sullivan is almost completely full if not already full. I am not sure how many seats are left but from reading the previous posts on here it seems as if there aren't many. Who knows they might be completely full by the next interview (your interview) and those who get interviews afterwards are put on the alternate list. I would contact Alyse and talk to her about your situation she can be more specific with you about the details of what would happen if you rescheduled. She will let you know if the class of 2016 is already full and if they are interviewing you for the class of 2017 or if you still have a shot at the class of 2016, after which you can decide whether it is worth it to reschedule or not.

She teaches 2 sections the same days (MWFs, one at 10 am and another at 11 am) so I don't have that option bc she gives quizzes and tests that same day for both sections. I think if Sullivan said no, she might be able to understand if I really talk it over with her bc she's usually really nice to me so if it's a dire situation I'm hoping she'll understand. Hopefully this will all get resolved on Monday and hopefully I can get to that interview on Friday. I'm pretty sure there are some seats left tho, not many but I got the impression from Alysa that there was still come left and I'm assuming that if I got an interview so soon after I turned it in (They got my app Nov 5th and I got an interview by Nov 9th) that it's for the 2016 cycle. Atleast I hope....

She teaches 2 sections the same days (MWFs, one at 10 am and another at 11 am) so I don't have that option bc she gives quizzes and tests that same day for both sections. I think if Sullivan said no, she might be able to understand if I really talk it over with her bc she's usually really nice to me so if it's a dire situation I'm hoping she'll understand. Hopefully this will all get resolved on Monday and hopefully I can get to that interview on Friday. I'm pretty sure there are some seats left tho, not many but I got the impression from Alysa that there was still come left and I'm assuming that if I got an interview so soon after I turned it in (They got my app Nov 5th and I got an interview by Nov 9th) that it's for the 2016 cycle. Atleast I hope....

Yeah I would do my best to make it to the interview then if I were you. Just to be sure that seats won't be full after this upcoming interview session. Because it is late in the interview cycle you don't want to risk it and reschedule just to find out that it is full by the time that you get to interview. Hope it works out for you and that you can make it to the interview, also is this the only school that you are applying to?

Yeah I would do my best to make it to the interview then if I were you. Just to be sure that seats won't be full after this upcoming interview session. Because it is late in the interview cycle you don't want to risk it and reschedule just to find out that it is full by the time that you get to interview. Hope it works out for you and that you can make it to the interview, also is this the only school that you are applying to?

No way lol! I'm applying to about 10-11 schools, I just turned in my pharmcas app today and I might add in more schools if I still feel uneasy about my chances or something. Sullivan seems like a good school and is my safety school if I don't get in my in state schools (they come first only bc it's cheaper for me since it's in state) so I really really wanna make it to the interview. I'll honestly talk to higher ups if she doesn't let me go bc it would not be at all fair to make a student pick between possible pharmacy school acceptance and their grade especially in a core class like orgo. But I'll def practice interview skills during the weekend. Would you mind if I asked you some more questions about the process?

Members don't see this ad :)
No way lol! I'm applying to about 10-11 schools, I just turned in my pharmcas app today and I might add in more schools if I still feel uneasy about my chances or something. Sullivan seems like a good school and is my safety school if I don't get in my in state schools (they come first only bc it's cheaper for me since it's in state) so I really really wanna make it to the interview. I'll honestly talk to higher ups if she doesn't let me go bc it would not be at all fair to make a student pick between possible pharmacy school acceptance and their grade especially in a core class like orgo. But I'll def practice interview skills during the weekend. Would you mind if I asked you some more questions about the process?

Lol yeah I applied to about 13 and then got three interviews and gave up once I was accepted into Sullivan which was my first choice, no need to spend more money on travel expenses. Yeah no problem ask away!

Lol yeah I applied to about 13 and then got three interviews and gave up once I was accepted into Sullivan which was my first choice, no need to spend more money on travel expenses. Yeah no problem ask away!

Thanks so much! Ok outside of the one on one interviews, what else did the process consist of? Like was there group work, writing assignments etc? Anything along those lines that I should be worried about or try to prepare for outside of the actual interview itself?

Thanks so much! Ok outside of the one on one interviews, what else did the process consist of? Like was there group work, writing assignments etc? Anything along those lines that I should be worried about or try to prepare for outside of the actual interview itself?

It's a two on one interview. Besides the interview there nothing else, no group work or writing assignments. The interview is the only thing that u should focus on that's what matters. The day ends at about 130 after lunch. The day goes by pretty fast, most of the time ur sitting in the cafeteria waiting for ur name to be called to go in for the interview. They call u randomly so u don't know when u will called.

It's a two on one interview. Besides the interview there nothing else, no group work or writing assignments. The interview is the only thing that u should focus on that's what matters. The day ends at about 130 after lunch. The day goes by pretty fast, most of the time ur sitting in the cafeteria waiting for ur name to be called to go in for the interview. They call u randomly so u don't know when u will called.

Oh really? That's great, that makes me feel much better. I'll try to practice my general responses on several people this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Oh really? That's great, that makes me feel much better. I'll try to practice my general responses on several people this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks again!

You're welcome! Yeah this interview was very stress free compared to my other ones, but don't take it lightly, good luck! Hopefully we will be classmates!

Hey guys, I got an interview to Sullivan but recently withdrew my interview
and apps cuz I got accepted elsewhere. I hope this opens up a slot for someone else. Good luck everyone. Oh and remember if you get rejected be sure to ask why. They gave me an interview after they rejected me then I asked for the reason and they ended up giving me an interview.

oh when was your interview scheduled for??!! what other schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?!

You're welcome! Yeah this interview was very stress free compared to my other ones, but don't take it lightly, good luck! Hopefully we will be classmates!

I don't think we will unfortunately, my teacher will not budge and said that I have to take the test with everyone else on Friday or receive a zero. She got really mad at me when I tried to explain that they're almost full and I can't really reschedule bc this is prob their last interview date, she said that would require her make another version of the test just so I can take it and putting more work on her and this is "not my problem." Yea, bc I totally had control over this -_-. I called Sullivan and they said they could try but the Friday interview will prob fill the class so I contacted the assistant dean like Alysa said to and I'm waiting to hear from him. Otherwise, unless some miracle happens I'm gonna have to give up the interview. I can't even say how frustrated I am right now, that's incredibly unfair :(

oh when was your interview scheduled for??!! what other schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?!

It was scheduled for this Friday the 16. I applied to 23 schools (scattered throught the US) and got 13 interviews thus far. I've only gone to 4 interview and got accepted to 2. Still waiting on the other 2 for a decision. But I may accept the offer at Midwestern CCP.

I don't think we will unfortunately, my teacher will not budge and said that I have to take the test with everyone else on Friday or receive a zero. She got really mad at me when I tried to explain that they're almost full and I can't really reschedule bc this is prob their last interview date, she said that would require her make another version of the test just so I can take it and putting more work on her and this is "not my problem." Yea, bc I totally had control over this -_-. I called Sullivan and they said they could try but the Friday interview will prob fill the class so I contacted the assistant dean like Alysa said to and I'm waiting to hear from him. Otherwise, unless some miracle happens I'm gonna have to give up the interview. I can't even say how frustrated I am right now, that's incredibly unfair :(

Not her problem?! It is her problem, just because she's too lazy to make another test doesn't mean you have to pay for it. You're paying her good money for a reason!! I would go to the head of the department, because it sounded like she was rude and very unprofessional. i personally think that if she didn't want to do the extra work she shouldn't have signed up to be a professor. And it's not you're fault that you're in this situation. I have never had a professor that lazy and inconsiderate at all through my six years of education at four different colleges. I hope Sullivan will consider this situation and give you a chance. Good luck let me know how it turns out.

Not her problem?! It is her problem, just because she's too lazy to make another test doesn't mean you have to pay for it. You're paying her good money for a reason!! I would go to the head of the department, because it sounded like she was rude and very unprofessional. i personally think that if she didn't want to do the extra work she shouldn't have signed up to be a professor. And it's not you're fault that you're in this situation. I have never had a professor that lazy and inconsiderate at all through my six years of education at four different colleges. I hope Sullivan will consider this situation and give you a chance. Good luck let me know how it turns out.

she teaches all the sections this year so she has a TON of work to do, I can feel her on that bc it is kinda inconvenient. I guess I was just surprised that she got upset at me for it, it's not like I want this to happen or had any control over it. Obviously if it were up to me, the interview would not be the same day as my test -_-
blank.gif
. Why would you get upset at a student bc of that? This is my ****ing future, I'm not giving you some BS line here. This is legit, like come on. If you're not gonna let me make it up, the least you can do is be a little apologetic about it and not give me some back talk about how difficult I'm making your life. This is a big deal for me and I would have appreciated it if she wasn't so nonchalant about it......I mean it's only my future you're talking about, it's not hard to get into pharm school at all -_-
blank.gif
. She was kind rude about it and that's what upset me most, if she just said no and was sorry about it I would just suck it up but she legitimately got upset at me about it like I planned this. She said that it's rolling admissions so the interviews are not over yet, there will be more whether for seats or waitlist and that I can reschedule but it seems I don't want to.......um maybe I don't want to bc IT'S ALMOST FULL!!!!! Like did she not understand that part or something? It sucks bc otherwise I really really like this teacher, she's fantastic at what she does but she's not being too understanding in this instance and I'm not sure why.

I'm talking to the head of the department tom and see, I think I can make a case for myself.

It was scheduled for this Friday the 16. I applied to 23 schools (scattered throught the US) and got 13 interviews thus far. I've only gone to 4 interview and got accepted to 2. Still waiting on the other 2 for a decision. But I may accept the offer at Midwestern CCP.

What are your stats

Lovergurl,
I'm so sorry for what you are dealing with. That's horrible! I feel, a teacher should be there for you. Because, after all, they are put into place to help people reach their goals for a career. I think she has forgotten why she is actually a teacher. That is too bad. I just want to say I'm sorry for your issue and I pray it all works out. If it were me and I had to make this decision I would miss an exam and go to the interview. But first I would do as you said and go to the dean of that department. If they say they can not help you then I would miss it and go to the interview. Your GPA is fantastic and if you have one B or C in a class because you are chasing your dream then so be it Hun! I almost cried when I received a C because I had a 79.7 in the class and my teacher said he don't give grades. If you didn't get the full 80 then too bad for you. My step dad died suddenly of cancer and my mom lived 900 miles away and has MS and was raising my niece and nephew. So as you can imagine my plate was full. But life happens. Since then this teacher became a great friend. He gave me my recommendation. I remind him he's my only C. Lol He says "boy I was a jerk and should have given you the B. That was silly of me". I agree with him and tell him yes he was. Lol In your situation I can't think of a better reason to receive a C then you got an interview for Doctor of Pharmacy school! That doesn't happen for everyone every day. An interview is a blessing. Good luck! I wish you the best.

she teaches all the sections this year so she has a TON of work to do, I can feel her on that bc it is kinda inconvenient. I guess I was just surprised that she got upset at me for it, it's not like I want this to happen or had any control over it. Obviously if it were up to me, the interview would not be the same day as my test -_-
blank.gif
. Why would you get upset at a student bc of that? This is my ****ing future, I'm not giving you some BS line here. This is legit, like come on. If you're not gonna let me make it up, the least you can do is be a little apologetic about it and not give me some back talk about how difficult I'm making your life. This is a big deal for me and I would have appreciated it if she wasn't so nonchalant about it......I mean it's only my future you're talking about, it's not hard to get into pharm school at all -_-
blank.gif
. She was kind rude about it and that's what upset me most, if she just said no and was sorry about it I would just suck it up but she legitimately got upset at me about it like I planned this. She said that it's rolling admissions so the interviews are not over yet, there will be more whether for seats or waitlist and that I can reschedule but it seems I don't want to.......um maybe I don't want to bc IT'S ALMOST FULL!!!!! Like did she not understand that part or something? It sucks bc otherwise I really really like this teacher, she's fantastic at what she does but she's not being too understanding in this instance and I'm not sure why.

I'm talking to the head of the department tom and see, I think I can make a case for myself.

Exactly this is your future and this is a great opportunity that you do not want to give up. Like Pharmdremer stated depending on how your grade is in the class, I would personally skip the test (that's if all other options are exhausted). At this point your grade in this class will not determine whether you will be accepted into Sullivan, it is your interview that matters. If accepted, and you got a C or a low B in the class that will not change your acceptance status, once you're in you're in (as long as all pre-req's are met) and Sullivan is aware of your situation so if they see a lower than usual grade for this class they will know why that happened. From looking at your GPA it seems as if you do have a lot of buffer. Ultimately it is up to you to decide, just keep in mind what you will gain or lose depending on what you decide to do. First I would go to the head of the department ASAP so you can figure out your travel situation to Louisville. Keep us informed on your situation, we're rooting for you!!

Congratulations and good luck to you!

I applied November of Last year. Took me 11 months to hear from the school

Hi, Thank you for the info. I am very blessed to have a great people I work with. I am a CPhT. Have been for 3.5 years. As you may know techs don't make alot. Techs don't work at pharmacies for money, they do for the love of the job, learning, helping, teaching. My coworkers see that in my and knew this was important to me. The pharmacist went together and bought me a jacket, and my fellow techs took up money to help me buy matching pants. I interviewed, I think it went well, but I'm still worried. I have a great work ethic and I think it reflects in my background. I was an electrician in an underground coal mine for almost 6 years until a rock fell on my back and messed it up. I am not a 4.0 student, not even a 3.5, but I have worked fulltime my whole college career and I hope they understand that.

Yep 11 weeks then a break then 11 weeks and a break. It's quite a load but we can do it. :) We've been through rough times before. I'm right there with you. I want to take it also.
The current students I spoke with said 10 weeks, then 2 week break

Hello,

To everyone who was accepted to the class of 2016, did you receive a small envelope letter like a bill envelope letter with the acceptance or a large envelope? And if you are rejected, will you receive a letter by mail or an e-mail, I know if you are wait-listed, you will receive an e-mail? Does anyone know how many students they take from each interview group?
thanks.

Hello,

To everyone who was accepted to the class of 2016, did you receive a small envelope letter like a bill envelope letter with the acceptance or a large envelope? And if you are rejected, will you receive a letter by mail or an e-mail, I know if you are wait-listed, you will receive an e-mail? Does anyone know how many students they take from each interview group?
thanks.
Accepted--large envelope
Rejection--email
Wait listed--not sure

Not sure as to how many students they accept per interview group. Good Luck!!

Hi, Thank you for the info. I am very blessed to have a great people I work with. I am a CPhT. Have been for 3.5 years. As you may know techs don't make alot. Techs don't work at pharmacies for money, they do for the love of the job, learning, helping, teaching. My coworkers see that in my and knew this was important to me. The pharmacist went together and bought me a jacket, and my fellow techs took up money to help me buy matching pants. I interviewed, I think it went well, but I'm still worried. I have a great work ethic and I think it reflects in my background. I was an electrician in an underground coal mine for almost 6 years until a rock fell on my back and messed it up. I am not a 4.0 student, not even a 3.5, but I have worked fulltime my whole college career and I hope they understand that.

I'm just like you, gpa wasn't so great, didnt even break a 3.1 but they still accepted me. This is because I demonstrated a passion and drive to become a pharmacist. I can't believe it took you 11 months to hear back, if it were me I would have lost all hopes after 4 months of not hearing a word. You should be fine if you were able to tell them basically what you told us and showed them how bad you wanted it. I hope you get in. Best wishes.

Hello,

what is the color of the envelop and do you have to sign to get from the mail ma.

Thanks.

My envelope was white & no you do not have to sign! Good Luck!

I would go above the teachers head and let them know what she is doing! she should let you take the test early!!! she is just punishing you!!!!
the edcational system should all work together!!!

Hello,

what is the color of the envelop and do you have to sign to get from the mail ma.

Thanks.

Mine was a white letter size envelope but they did not just deliver it to the mail box. I was out of town, my son got a slip in the mail saying I had a package waiting at the post office. He had to go there to get it and sign for it. So I'm not really sure about that.

Mine was a white letter size envelope but they did not just deliver it to the mail box. I was out of town, my son got a slip in the mail saying I had a package waiting at the post office. He had to go there to get it and sign for it. So I'm not really sure about that.

Hi,

You mean like a regular letter in an envelop? Was the letter bent and then put into the envelope or the envelope was the same size as the letter? And, please, do you know if you are rejected you will get an e-mail or a letter?

many thanks.

Hi,

You mean like a regular letter in an envelop? Was the letter bent and then put into the envelope or the envelope was the same size as the letter? And, please, do you know if you are rejected you will get an e-mail or a letter?

many thanks.

My letter was sent in the big white envelope that people usually send important documents in. I was lucky enough to be present when the mail man came. He made me sign for it too. I'm sure you will need to sign for your's so it won't be left in the mailbox. There's not much to the letter, because there's only 2 pages inside. One is your offical acceptance letter from the dean (which you will need to sign and send back) and the other is a copy of that letter for you to keep. I am not sure what the rejection method would be because everyone I have talked to either got accepted (letter) or put on the alternate list (email). I would assume that rejection would consist of an email not a letter because they probably don't want to spend all that money to send out rejections to multiple people when a simple email can be the most cost-efficient way. I

Hi,

many thanks.

PHTran87 received the same envelope as I. He answered it as I would. I agree with him. I think Alyse told us at our interview the rejection would be email because we were all saying "Oh goodness I hope we get a letter in the mail". She also said email was not always bad because they send their "You have been placed on alternate list" by email as well. I also remember checking my email several times a day while on vacation. My husband asked why I was looking for a bad email from them. I told him that way I'll stop checking on my mail and if I would be rejected, email is quicker than mail. I know if I'm rejected before I'd know if I were accepted. Since I was on vacation I didn't want to bother others from home to keep looking for my mail. My envelope was white and letter sized. It had my acceptance letter (2 copies not folded), one for me to keep and one to send back signed. I also had to send a check for 500$. It had to be back within 7 business days of my receiving the letter. But all of that is explained in your acceptance letter.
I'm sorry I wasn't as descriptive as you were looking for.
Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
If you have been placed on the alternative list..... I have a quick question. Has anyone got pulled off from the alternative list yet??? Or this is most likely a way for the school to reject you (in a nicer way) >.< *sigh*

Hi everyone,
If you have been placed on the alternative list..... I have a quick question. Has anyone got pulled off from the alternative list yet??? Or this is most likely a way for the school to reject you (in a nicer way) >.< *sigh*
I understand how you feel. I'm heart broken. I got a wait listed email today too. I have been a CPhT since May 09 and they don't want me. I've already spoke to two other people who got their letters today. Good luck to you. From the way it sounds this is the end of the line though.

I've been on this list ever since October =(
Even though i got accepted to another school, Sullivan is still my top choice because it's a 3 yrs program.

Hang in there too! Who knows miracle can happen! I wish you the best luck!!! =)

I've been on this list ever since October =(
Even though i got accepted to another school, Sullivan is still my top choice because it's a 3 yrs program.

Hang in there too! Who knows miracle can happen! I wish you the best luck!!! =)
Thank you. I greatly appreciate that. I actually thought I would get in. I felt good about the interview. Glad you had a back up school. This has been the only one I have applied to. I'm 33, that 3 program would have been nice. I wish you well too.