SULLIVAN UNIVERSITY, CLASS OF 2018 APPLICANTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See you all in July! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I also got my email yesterday. Is everyone going to accept the offer?

Would the one's who got accepted mind sharing their stats. Congratulations by the way. I hope to join you all in July. I take my PCAT tomorrow to improve my score. That test is the only thing standing between me and my interview with Sullivan.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Dean told a few people from my group that the way they decide who gets accepted is by taking your GPA and multiplying it by 25 and then adding your PCAT score to it. If its over 125, you automatically get accepted. My adds up to 144.

The Dean told a few people from my group that the way they decide who gets accepted is by taking your GPA and multiplying it by 25 and then adding your PCAT score to it. If its over 125, you automatically get accepted. My adds up to 144.

good formula :)

Really? That seems like it would be way too low. That means if you have a 2.5 GPA and a 63 pcat you would automatically get accepted. Mine adds up to 179 and my stats are only slightly above average, if at all, for most other pharm schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Really? That seems like it would be way too low. That means if you have a 2.5 GPA and a 63 pcat you would automatically get accepted. Mine adds up to 179 and my stats are only slightly above average, if at all, for most other pharm schools.

now you guys are talking ;)

there are people with 2s and 10-20s PCAT got in... so the formula there just to make you feel "special" lol

this is exactly the point: schools keep opening up, admission standard/job prospect + wage + career opportunities, etc have no where to go but down !! Simple supply and demand :)

seriously pre-pharmers need to investigate this field and its future before committing to 4 years and at least 150K student loans (+ interests, ~ 7+ % now w no subsidized loands) for pharm schools !!

Pretty sure even if that was true that's to get accepted to an interview. I'm skeptical anyone got a hold of the dean to ask her an equation since, I attend here and I hardly see her since she bounces around to meetings and conferences. Financial concerns are valid though and should be weighed to aspirations and intentions.

Pretty sure even if that was true that's to get accepted to an interview. I'm skeptical anyone got a hold of the dean to ask her an equation since, I attend here and I hardly see her since she bounces around to meetings and conferences. Financial concerns are valid though and should be weighed to aspirations and intentions.

Furthermore, my class was the first required to have pcat and we are being used for the standard. I loved being a prepharm and having to deal with all of the toxic people that can come from these forums. For you PharmD applicants know it is a lot of work and a large investment but, if you are in it for the right reasons it works out. Message me if you want to talk.

now you guys are talking ;)

there are people with 2s and 10-20s PCAT got in... so the formula there just to make you feel "special" lol

this is exactly the point: schools keep opening up, admission standard/job prospect + wage + career opportunities, etc have no where to go but down !! Simple supply and demand :)

seriously pre-pharmers need to investigate this field and its future before committing to 4 years and at least 150K student loans (+ interests, ~ 7+ % now w no subsidized loands) for pharm schools !!
Oh Btw sullivan is a three year program lol

Oh Btw sullivan is a three year program lol

don't expect an avg total debt for a 3 yr program any cheaper than that of a 4 yr program !! but it is true that you could graduate a year early !!

Yup I agree the three years is a major incentive but, it is absolutely killer. If anyone is curious about the school or pharmacy in general message me, I may be just a student but hey opinions are great ha ha. If you are in the Louisville area we can meet up from coffee across the street from the school (my hectic schedule allowing). My main piece of advice is just know what you are getting yourself into, it's a very rewarding profession but it definitely has its ugly aspects. The same can be said about SUCOP, I absolutely love the school and how the students are really involved with how the school functions but, at the same time it's new so there are hiccups here and there. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have been lurking in the SDN forums for the past 2 years. I figure its time to come out and say "heeey guys". I've got an interview with Sullivan this month. I'm really excited about it of course and I wanted to join in here with (what will hopefully be) my classmates!

Yup I agree the three years is a major incentive but, it is absolutely killer. If anyone is curious about the school or pharmacy in general message me, I may be just a student but hey opinions are great ha ha. If you are in the Louisville area we can meet up from coffee across the street from the school (my hectic schedule allowing). My main piece of advice is just know what you are getting yourself into, it's a very rewarding profession but it definitely has its ugly aspects. The same can be said about SUCOP, I absolutely love the school and how the students are really involved with how the school functions but, at the same time it's new so there are hiccups here and there. Good luck!!!

I was accepted to Sullivan in the class of 2018, but I am nervous about the program being so new. Do you think it will affect job placement and residency placement attending a smaller, lower-ranked school? I love the atmosphere of Louisville and the fact that it is a 3 year program, but I am skeptical to attend Sullivan over a larger school such as Purdue or UK. Larger schools usually have more networking and opportunities than smaller schools, along with long-standing reputations with potential employers. I know that I want to do a residency, so do you think Sullivan is a good choice for that? Do you ever wish you went to a larger/older school? What things do you not like about Sullivan? I'm also seriously considering Belmont, Purdue, and Butler for pharmacy. (Purdue mainly because it is in state for me, which means ~$9k tuition versus ~$41k for Sullivan)

Thanks!

p.s. I have phenomenal application credentials and have gotten interviews/accepted to everywhere I applied so far. I'm just wondering if Sullivan will be the best place to get a great job post graduation.

I was accepted to Sullivan in the class of 2018, but I am nervous about the program being so new. Do you think it will affect job placement and residency placement attending a smaller, lower-ranked school? I love the atmosphere of Louisville and the fact that it is a 3 year program, but I am skeptical to attend Sullivan over a larger school such as Purdue or UK. Larger schools usually have more networking and opportunities than smaller schools, along with long-standing reputations with potential employers. I know that I want to do a residency, so do you think Sullivan is a good choice for that? Do you ever wish you went to a larger/older school? What things do you not like about Sullivan? I'm also seriously considering Belmont, Purdue, and Butler for pharmacy. (Purdue mainly because it is in state for me, which means ~$9k tuition versus ~$41k for Sullivan)

Thanks!

p.s. I have phenomenal application credentials and have gotten interviews/accepted to everywhere I applied so far. I'm just wondering if Sullivan will be the best place to get a great job post graduation.
I received an interview for UK in October but declined as it would be much more convenient for me to attend Sullivan as it is in my hometown. However, I am pretty sure I would have been accepted as my interview was scheduled during early decision interviews and I applied regular and I don't think I would have interviewed me then if they weren't interested. A big part of my decision to decline the interview was due feedback I received from working pharmacists in both retail and hospital settings. I was told that the institution students choose to attend will play virtually no role in those planning to enter retail and only a slight role in those looking into hospital positions, mostly due to more residency opportunities for those who attend more established schools. Therefore, I believe you should choose the school that will work out best for you, bc in the end it doesn't really matter.

I received an interview for UK in October but declined as it would be much more convenient for me to attend Sullivan as it is in my hometown. However, I am pretty sure I would have been accepted as my interview was scheduled during early decision interviews and I applied regular and I don't think I would have interviewed me then if they weren't interested. A big part of my decision to decline the interview was due feedback I received from working pharmacists in both retail and hospital settings. I was told that the institution students choose to attend will play virtually no role in those planning to enter retail and only a slight role in those looking into hospital positions, mostly due to more residency opportunities for those who attend more established schools. Therefore, I believe you should choose the school that will work out best for you, bc in the end it doesn't really matter.

as more and more pharm schools there are, the more likely that school ranking will play a very big part in employment in the near future...

for now, I think the total cost of attendance/student loan debt should be a biggest concern for every pre-pharm students to consider a school.

Thanks!

Speaking to a pharmacy district manager for Rite Aid during my IPPE they really don't care about much of anything other than that you have your PharmD. So in terms of retail at least as of right now and the near future where you went doesn't factor too greatly imo.

On your question about residency we typically have about a quarter of our class who goes onto residencies. I don't know how many people applied for them. I'm sure to a certain degree name recognition may play some factor but talking to one of my professors and the speaker of the house for KPhA it's mainly down to a few criteria. First, having a PharmD. Second, a GPA above 3.2. Third, leadership/well rounded students. Fourth, that you are a good fit. Yeah some residency directors may have fond memories of their alma mater but they also may hate it or see a trend of terrible students.

Sullivan being new. I love it. First, I came from a large research institution and I got zero aid in courses and it sucked. Being a small school it's amazing the conversations you can have with professors. Or the simple level that the professors care. As it has been said before, there are definite hiccups to having a new school. The nice thing is we have a Dean and an administration committed to listening to students, the students can change the school for what they want. We have students who serve on academic, IT, OEE committee's to give input on what occurs. Being a new school we aren't staunched in tradition so if something doesn't work we can start something new.

Conclusion, I recommend you accept here and still interview. Pharmacy school is a massive investment both fiscally and in regards to time. Sullivan is an excellent school but, it is a new school and the curriculum is pretty killer (Just had 2 immunology exams worth a total of 60% of my grade within ten days, had a biochemistry exam worth 29% of my grade covering over 700 facts.) I know personally for me this rigor is how I like to learn. Much like a language you are immeresed and it is definitely sink or swim, we don't provide many floaties but the professors and peers will be there for you and try their best but ultimately know that you are in a doctorate level program. If it was easy everyone would do it and if that was the case we wouldn't be in the top ten paid professions in Kentucky.

I just ranted during my biochemistry course so if you have any other questions let me know ha ha.

I just got an interview invite for December 12th. What can I expect?

Also, if there are any current Sullivan students on here, what is the curriculum like there? How much time would you say you have to spend preparing for class?

What are the appe rotations criteria there? I am hearing that they no longer offer out of state rotations. Is this so?

Did anyone hear anything back from SUCOP yet? I am dying waiting for the result as I attended the interview on Nov 21!! Please let me know if anyone of you already got accepted!

Did anyone hear anything back from SUCOP yet? I am dying waiting for the result as I attended the interview on Nov 21!! Please let me know if anyone of you already got accepted!
I was at the Nov 21 interview as well. I got my acceptance email this morning. I was chomping at the bit, and then there is was in my inbox!

Hey guys, I received an interview invite for next month :) Anyone got any tips for MMI? What types of scenarios to prepare for, etc?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
The main thing is know yourself and be yourself in the interviews. They're designed to gauge you as a person and why you're on this track to pharmacist.

Interviewed and accepted the same day! :clap:
Props to Sullivan for letting us know so quickly! :love:

Reactions: 1 users
Just an update for you guys. Only 11 people attended the interview on October 3rd. The staff was fantastic. I was very impressed with everyone.

Good luck to you guys getting ready to interview. I'll answer what I'm allowed for you guys if you have any questions.
I have interviewed next week. But I am bit confused about Multiple mini interview. Can you please give me idea about what type of questions do they ask in multiple mini interview?

Hey Guys:hello:! Does anybody know when formal acceptance letters will be sent out for applicants that interviewed on February 21?

Last edited:
I just wanted to inform anyone thinking about applying here that tuition is now nearly 53,000 yearly excluding the cost of books and technology requirements. This is 10,000 more than what is listed as the expected tuition on their website and they didn't inform incoming students of the increase until so late in the admissions cycle that their only choice is to pay or forego pharmacy school until next admissions cycle when students can apply to more affordable schools. This is for the class of 2018. If they continue to increase tuition at a similar pace as the last few years, I suspect the class of 2019 will pay a tuition of 58000 or more yearly.

I interviewed on 10/9/15 and I was wondering if anyone has heard back yet?