Summer jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlpsmith

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are good resume building summer jobs for someone who wants to get their PsyD or PhD?

Background Info: I am currently a first year student in a School Psychology program. I want to work in the Philadelphia area.

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps you can work as an ABA Paraprofessional? It should perfectly complement your work in School Psychology.

If you're interested in getting some experience within the public school system, check http://k12jobspot.com/. I don't know about PA but special education cooperatives usually offer summer programs for children with special needs and they may need paraprofessionals during summer. School psychologists may or may not be working in summer. If they do, you can talk with them and may be able to shadow them for some activities, too. If any chance, I'd also suggest you to talk with the special education team (special education teacher, speech language pathologist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, school nurse, special education director, etc.) to have some ideas about their impression and expectation toward the school psychologist's role.