Summer opportunities for graduating medical students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering what kinds of opportunities are available for graduating medical students prior to starting residency. I have a few months off and I wanted to do something interesting/productive/fun. I'm definitely taking time to travel overseas/hang out with friends but I will still have a good 6 weeks prior to starting residency. I know people who have done things like intern for the WHO in Switzerland, help create a Discovery Health Channel special, etc. Any other ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I was wondering what kinds of opportunities are available for graduating medical students prior to starting residency. I have a few months off and I wanted to do something interesting/productive/fun. I'm definitely taking time to travel overseas/hang out with friends but I will still have a good 6 weeks prior to starting residency. I know people who have done things like intern for the WHO in Switzerland, help create a Discovery Health Channel special, etc. Any other ideas?

Would you be interested in international health work/volunteering? (basically an extension of your international elective - only without the school's help,etc)

Why push it? I'm going to drink and go out this summer. Thanks though!

Ohh...I thought you wanted to know about the opportunities!

I did (initially) but then I figured this is going to really be my last extended amount of free time so I'm just going to have fun instead. :)

Create a discovery health channel special? Those are some seriously waaaay overachievers. I'm busy just packing my house and moving.