Super frustrated!!!!! Need to vent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trocha86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so my DAT is this SATURDAY :eek: I'm freaking out .. focusing on just taking practice exams so finished all of my BOOTCAMP exams and got average 18/19 and well I wanted to keep practicing BIO/GCHEM/OCHEM so I purchased them from Qvault and keep getting 18/19 more 18s then anything and I mean I review my answers and at times I'm not going to lie its SUPID mistakes that get me soo mad but I learn from them and other times its things I had no idea about but man 18s!!!! I hope this doesn't mean I end up with straight 18's on the real DAT.... sorry guys i needed to VENT I'm going crazy here at home and my dogs don't talk back to me lol

Members don't see this ad.

Hahaha I know how you feel.. mines on Monday and im freaking out too! my scores on bootcamp are fluctuating between like 18-22's and making so many dumb mistakes.. are you planning to take whole practice tests or have you done them already?

Hahaha I know how you feel.. mines on Monday and im freaking out too! my scores on bootcamp are fluctuating between like 18-22's and making so many dumb mistakes.. are you planning to take whole practice tests or have you done them already?

I took the ADA 2009 and did pretty good but just seeing these 18s back to back is freaking me out lol oh and I tried the achiever and OMG HORRIBLE it was heartbreaking lol so I didn't take another one haha and you?

I took the ADA 2009 and did pretty good but just seeing these 18s back to back is freaking me out lol oh and I tried the achiever and OMG HORRIBLE it was heartbreaking lol so I didn't take another one haha and you?

What were your scores on ADA 2009??

Members don't see this ad :)
AA 20 TS 21 PAT 23 MATH WAS pretty bad and QR was ok

QR is Math lol Im guessing you meant RC was ok. Solid scores you should average around 20's on your real dat based on what everyone is getting, their scores on ADA 2009 are similar. Practice your QR because it can help bring you up instead of take your AA down.

QR is Math lol Im guessing you meant RC was ok. Solid scores you should average around 20's on your real dat based on what everyone is getting, their scores on ADA 2009 are similar. Practice your QR because it can help bring you up instead of take your AA down.

LOL yea I mean RC haha omg now I know im goin CRAZY:laugh: i HATE match and the 2009 QR was HORRIBLE!! i really hope that real DAT isn't that way

Calm down, grab a cold one, and lay on the sofa and watch some Breaking Bad (or Archer or Top Gear or whatever suits your fancy).

Stressing yourself out this much isn't good for you, so a day before the test just relax and do something you enjoy doing. If you feel nervous enough to just want to get the test over with, chances are you're as prepared as you'll ever be.

I was in the same situation as you 1-2 days before my DAT, but my friend reassured me (not sure if it'll 100% apply to other SDN members out there) that if you're well prepared, the general DAT score trend is 2-3 overall points higher than what you score on practice tests. This held true for me (my average practice scores ranged 19-21, but my actual scores ranged 20-26), but of course this may be different for everyone.

Best of luck to you and all other soon-to-be-DAT test takers. :)

So you need to slow the **** down. I have the same issue, I get excited when I know what they're asking for but wind up overlooking something significant in the problem. On your scrap paper, you should write in big letters at the top, SLOW. You have plenty of time on the test, Bio you either know it or you don't it should be quick, but for gen chem read the question and then re-read the question again. Break it up by sentence. Most of us know the material well it's just about what we can catch in the problem, you'll be aiight

So you need to slow the **** down. I have the same issue, I get excited when I know what they're asking for but wind up overlooking something significant in the problem. On your scrap paper, you should write in big letters at the top, SLOW. You have plenty of time on the test, Bio you either know it or you don't it should be quick, but for gen chem read the question and then re-read the question again. Break it up by sentence. Most of us know the material well it's just about what we can catch in the problem, you'll be aiight

YOU are 100% correct with this.. I keep telling myself calm the heck down and FOCUS!!! lol

Calm down, grab a cold one, and lay on the sofa and watch some Breaking Bad (or Archer or Top Gear or whatever suits your fancy).

Stressing yourself out this much isn't good for you, so a day before the test just relax and do something you enjoy doing. If you feel nervous enough to just want to get the test over with, chances are you're as prepared as you'll ever be.

I was in the same situation as you 1-2 days before my DAT, but my friend reassured me (not sure if it'll 100% apply to other SDN members out there) that if you're well prepared, the general DAT score trend is 2-3 overall points higher than what you score on practice tests. This held true for me (my average practice scores ranged 19-21, but my actual scores ranged 20-26), but of course this may be different for everyone.

Best of luck to you and all other soon-to-be-DAT test takers. :)

THANK YOU :) I will try but its going to be hard to not try and study the night before lol