Sydney C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

judy5635

Reaction score
Hi! Wanted to start a thread to see who applied to Sydney this year! Hopefully we all get accepted soon! I applied as an international from US!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I also applied as an international applicant this year. The waiting is hard:( Hope we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from the US and got accepted to U Sydney's veterinary school. Who else has gotten accepted? I am looking to get started on the moving process and finding roommates/places to live.

I am from the US and got accepted to U Sydney's veterinary school. Who else has gotten accepted? I am looking to get started on the moving process and finding roommates/places to live.
I got accepted too! I am confused on the documents needed to submit.

I am from the US and received my acceptance via email last night! Super excited!

Got my acceptance too on monday!! Congratulations everyone!!

Hi! also an a US accepted student, I'm currently looking for housing as well. Have you had any luck?

For international students accepted, did you receive a conditional offer? I'm confused on what I need to submit for the unconditional offer. So far I've just emailed the address in the letter and uploaded my passport

For international students accepted, did you receive a conditional offer? I'm confused on what I need to submit for the unconditional offer. So far I've just emailed the address in the letter and uploaded my passport
I am an international applicant who received a conditional offer which also stated I needed to upload my passport as well. I sent an email to accept the offer and then they issued an unconditional offer right after. So I think you should be good if your letter only stated that you need to upload the passport biodata page.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an international applicant who received a conditional offer which also stated I needed to upload my passport as well. I sent an email to accept the offer and then they issued an unconditional offer right after. So I think you should be good if your letter only stated that you need to upload the passport biodata page.
Thanks! I did just get an email right after I sent that haha

How long did the email for the unconditional offer take after you sent them an email to accept the conditional offer?
It was within a couple of hours! If you haven’t gotten a reply maybe it’s because of the weekend

I haven't heard anything from them. Did you guys get any information saying your application was processed before receiving an acceptance?

I haven't heard anything from them. Did you guys get any information saying your application was processed before receiving an acceptance?
No, there was no communication from them prior to the offer. From what I've heard, I think they send offers in rounds every 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Do you know how you'll organize getting the Q fever vaccination because they don't offer it in North America. Do you think it'll be okay if I do it in Australia at the start of the semester?

I thought they wanted international students in Australia at least 2 weeks before start of term to give time to get the vaccine?
Hi! Do you know how you'll organize getting the Q fever vaccination because they don't offer it in North America. Do you think it'll be okay if I do it in Australia at the start of the semester?

I thought they wanted international students in Australia at least 2 weeks before start of term to give time to get the vaccine?
Ohh I see, that makes sense! I couldn't find the information anywhere :( Thank you so much!!

Ohh I see, that makes sense! I couldn't find the information anywhere :( Thank you so much!!
I saw it on a previous years forum, and you might be able to ask a student from a previous year (I have connected with a couple from other Facebook groups)

How is everyone with finding places to stay? Or are you staying on campus?

How is everyone with finding places to stay? Or are you staying on campus?
All the accommodations on campus have waitlists already :confused: The other external student accommodations are also pretty much full and super costly. I'll most likely have to find roommates for housing outside of campus.

For those of you finding roommates how are you going about it? I'm looking for some and I know most people use facebook groups, but unfortunately I don't have facebook. I lived in Sydney for a bit last year so I have an idea of what regions are more ideal and that can be helpful for others looking for a place too :)

For those of you finding roommates how are you going about it? I'm looking for some and I know most people use facebook groups, but unfortunately I don't have facebook. I lived in Sydney for a bit last year so I have an idea of what regions are more ideal and that can be helpful for others looking for a place too :)
Not going to Sydney but I will say I made a Facebook specifically for roommate search.

By not going onto Facebook it limits options drastically. imo it's also safest option since you can join fb groups that are exclusive for vet students of a particular school and get information from upperclassmen in terms of rentals to avoid.

Reactions: 2 users
I could make a facebook group! I too need help finding a place.

Here is the link to a Facebook group I created for helping with a room mate search Log into Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for doing that! I think I am unable to join if someone can help?
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 9.26.49 PM.png
only a "visit" button instead of "join", I'm not in the group either so unsure as to why it shows this

Are you logged in to facebook or created an account for it? Because I know if I am not logged in, I have limited actions.
Yes I created an account and am logged in, a join button comes up for other groups I've searched up, but not that one for whatever reason :\

Yes I created an account and am logged in, a join button comes up for other groups I've searched up, but not that one for whatever reason :\
What is your facebook name because I read on reddit it is happening to quite a few groups pages in the past month. The only way they could get around it is to send them an invitation to people to the group through facebook.

What is your facebook name because I read on reddit it is happening to quite a few groups pages in the past month. The only way they could get around it is to send them an invitation to people to the group through facebook.
I sent a friend request to you (the admin), hopefully that works :)

Last edited:
Has anyone finished enrolling into your courses? I'm a bit confused..if anyone's done, could I pm you for help? Thank you!!

Anybody got acceptance letter this week??

Haven’t heard anything yet. I though the next round was Dec 4th according to their international financial aid seminar they had last week - but maybe there were a lot of applications to go through.

I haven't heard anything... I am seriously contemplating having my brother in law (who lives in Sydney) calling them and asking what the time line should look like so I don't have to be in the dark lol

I haven't heard anything... I am seriously contemplating having my brother in law (who lives in Sydney) calling them and asking what the time line should look like so I don't have to be in the dark lol
I would really appreciate if he can😭 I am dying inside waiting this email!!

Has anyone heard anything this week? I just got my first denial email from a school I was waitlisted to last year so I'm kind of spiraling 🙃

Has anyone heard anything this week? I just got my first denial email from a school I was waitlisted to last year so I'm kind of spiraling 🙃
Not yet. Was told they would send decisions before university went on break, which is right before the Christmas holiday.

Hi, anybody got any updates recently? Waiting with anxiety rn

Happy new year! Anybody else that is still hoping to hear back? I am still waiting