Taking 1 credit P/F Graduate course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shibe1

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to take a graduate seminar course in cell biology for this and the next semester, just out of interest. They are both 1 credit, and are graded as P/F. Would taking these classes look suspicious or harm my chances for matriculating into a top school?

Members don't see this ad.

What are you doing in this class? To address your anxiety, no impact.
They mostly involve reading and discussing recent research that applies to the specific topic that the class is focused on. For example, one is about current issues in genetics, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree, no impact (positive or negative). But if it's just out of interest, why not audit the class?

Reactions: 1 user
Agree, no impact (positive or negative). But if it's just out of interest, why not audit the class?
I need two more credits to meet a specific requirement, and out of all the available options, these seemed the most interesting. I could take something like immunology, which is graded, but I feel like it would overload my current schedule.

Hello,

I'd like to take a graduate seminar course in cell biology for this and the next semester, just out of interest. They are both 1 credit, and are graded as P/F. Would taking these classes look suspicious or harm my chances for matriculating into a top school?
Pray tell, WHY Would you fear that admissions might think this is suspicious???

Pray tell, WHY Would you fear that admissions might think this is suspicious???
Well, I would be able to apply these credits towards my major, as opposed to taking a graded class. I wasn’t sure if that might be looked down upon.

Well, I would be able to apply these credits towards my major, as opposed to taking a graded class. I wasn’t sure if that might be looked down upon.
I agree with @Goro . Not that many of us are trained in academic advising at the undergrad level to know. Nor should they need to be. :)