Taking both old AND new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ducky8989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for the old version of the MCAT and am signed up to take it January 23rd. I have been studying for a couple of months but not diligently enough. I have done all of the Examkrackers books and chapter exams but still feel weak on quite a bit of material. I have only two weeks left and am only now beginning to take full lengths. I'm going to give it my all for the next two weeks and try to get through all of the AAMC practice tests.

My question is.. if I don't find myself scoring well on the AAMC's (or I go ahead and take the test and void or do poorly) how likely am I to be prepared to take the new version of the MCAT by May 2015? I have taken biochemistry but none of the social sciences and will have to self teach that material. I will also be working full time.

Does having prepared for old version of the MCAT help me or will I pretty much feel like I am starting from square one?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I scored it... I don't feel like it went well (guessed A LOT) but I was just too curious to see where I stand after all this work (even if it wasn't as much work as it should have been).

And I figure worst case scenario I have one retake -- to me the off chance that I did well was worth the risk of having a bad score on the old version before taking the new one and doing better. ...Even if the old score will be weighed more heavily than the new one... :S

Hey guys sorry to thread-jack a bit, but does anyone know if AAMC will add more testing dates beyond September 12th?