Taking Orgo 2, Orgo Lab, Intro Biochem, and Ecology while studying for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the great old predent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
just like what the title says, all in one semester for this upcoming spring. I am a junior and will applying in the next app cycle. How hard would this semester be and would it be a detriment to either my GPA or possible DAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

just like what the title says, all in one semester for this upcoming spring. I am a junior and will applying in the next app cycle. How hard would this semester be and would it be a detriment to either my GPA or possible DAT score?
The general advice is to study for the DAT during the summer when you're not taking any courses or have a light course load. Lots of people have a difficult time with some of those courses including orgo and biochem.

Be careful. You're still a junior so take your time to do well in those courses as repeating them is more of an arduous process and will be on your transcript permanently (not to mention costs) in comparison to simply delaying the DAT.

I'm gunna say it'll depend on your school but I think it'll be a pretty hard semester and I wouldn't do it - don't bite off more than you can chew. Focus on your classes first and get As, and then study for the DAT after the semester ends, and take it early/mid July.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.