Technion wait listed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hochries

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wait listed at Technion today. I am really set on going there and was wondering if anyone has any advice or any ideas about the chances of bumping ino the class from the wait list. I'd also love to hear from others who were waitlisted at Technion or are going.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry about the waitlist... i know how you feel. i know for a fact that two people who got accepted to the technion and sackler recently, chose to go to sackler. and im sure that a considerable percent of applicants that get accepted to both the technion and sackler/the technion and bgu/ or the technion and an american school wind up NOT going to the technion.

so that should free up a few more spots... and i guess you just need to hope for the best...

did you hear from the technion by mail? and when did you interview if you dont mind me asking? im waiting for their decision myself

Interviewed on 27-march. Letter was dated 13-april. The technion was my first choice over every other school. I have an engineering background and their research focus and opportunities suit me perfectly. The word on the streets (several US physicians) is that Sackler and BGU are MUCH more prestigious and better for residency options in the US. But I couldn't imagine a better program for me personally (not even Harvard), but to this point I think that admissions feels differently. I'm assuming it's an mcat issue since 75% of my interview was spent discussing that score !? The Wait list status is really quite frustrating. I intend on giving Rinat a call to see what my options are.

One request, if anyone out there gets into technion and doesn't intend to go, it would be great if you could notify them sooner rather than later for those of us who are chomping at the bit to for the opportunity. Thanks!

yeah the technion really has a great program... and i was also drilled about my mcat score during my interview as well as for the fact that i was a history major... so i felt pretty bad leaving that interview...

i thought i had a better shot with sackler but they waitlisted me, so now i dont know whats going to happen...

but good luck to you hochries... i hope we both get in eventually...