Temple 4 year cost of attendance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoMD4sure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a complete breakdown for 4 years budget.

Anyone have a rough Idea? I am guessing $100K per year the magic # $400K debt.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would like to take out over a million that way one can save it and establish a practice right away and pay off loans faster or fled the country LOL just Joking

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to take out over a million that way one can save it and establish a practice right away and pay off loans faster or fled the country LOL just Joking

Think about buying a house on top of that? ;)

Forget a house. I am into sailing. I would buy a Southern Cross 32ft, Bristol 37ft, Baba 32ft, Cape Dorey 27ft, or Albin Vega 27ft. They are all ocean crossing boats, super well-built. :)

Then have a floating dentist office LOL and power the equipment by using air from scuba tanks. haha

Think about buying a house on top of that? ;)

Forget a house. I am into sailing. I would buy a Southern Cross 32ft, Bristol 37ft, Baba 32ft, Cape Dorey 27ft, or Albin Vega 27ft. They are all ocean crossing boats, super well-built. :)

Then have a floating dentist office LOL and power the equipment by using air from scuba tanks. haha

You know.. I thought you'd probably open the world first dental office on a boat.. quick google search and boy was I wrong LOL

People actually do this- those living aboard their sailboats in the Carribean. I read a few articles about someone doing this. They installed an OP in a spare bedroom.

I know they do :)

And they clean teeth for cheap, I mean cheap. Locals many times give them lots of food in return because there is zero dental care out there. Amazing life style to me. It is not always all about the money. Just have to pay off loans fast so it is not a burden.

Sad that tuition keeps rising, but prices have somewhat come down. I remember someone posting that these schools need to be audited from an outside governmental agency. I am curious too, where the money is going.

I think it is something like if its a Popsicle stick to depress tongue and look inside the mouth, then its 1 cent a piece, but if its a MEDICAL tongue depressor (pretty much a Popsicle stick) then its $30 per tongue depressor. Get the gist :)

People actually do this- those living aboard their sailboats in the Carribean. I read a few articles about someone doing this. They installed an OP in a spare bedroom.

Some ocean liners/cruises offer a dentist on-board position for their 200-300+ days world journeys.

That would be a nice brief retirement gig, while seeing the world at the same time.

Some ocean liners/cruises offer a dentist on-board position for their 200-300+ days world journeys.

Do you know which ones? This is something that I have researched and unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything significant.

I can tell you business would be limited. Rare position if any. I have heard Emergency MD's and nurses on these cruises, but not dentists.

If there are dentists then lets find these cruises job websites and line ourselves up for a coconut drink :)

Do you know which ones? This is something that I have researched and unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything significant.