Test Prep Boks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeganBeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the book: Exambreakers Complete Study Pack online for $4 (it is originally $110), I got it on half.com. I was wondering if this is a quality product, regardless I didn't spend a lot on it so I'm not too worried, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

MeganBeth said:
I just purchased the book: Exambreakers Complete Study Pack online for $4 (it is originally $110), I got it on half.com. I was wondering if this is a quality product, regardless I didn't spend a lot on it so I'm not too worried, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product. Thanks for your help.
This should probably go in the MCAT forum, but since I LOVED Exam Krackers I will comment.

I loved Exam Krackers.

MeganBeth said:

Might be the old edition (new one came out a month or so ago I believe) they are trying to get rid of...

gdbaby said:
This should probably go in the MCAT forum, but since I LOVED Exam Krackers I will comment.

I loved Exam Krackers.

Totally agree!

The EK 101 Verbal passages was awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
EK is only okay. I loved it before the actual test, but then I was a bit bitter when I was tested on things (mostly dealing with electrochemisty, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism) that EK claimed would NOT be on the test (I checked again afterwards to verify :D). I probably lost 1 to 2 points overall based simply on that fact. O-chem is also a bit undercovered by EK. However, they do a great job covering biology, and their verbal strategy makes the most sense to me. :luck:

MeganBeth said:

I really liked the Exam Krackers books for bio and gen chem. I didn't use them for physics or organic. I also took a Kaplan class, and I liked the EK materials much better than Kaplan. I just found them to be more readable, and higher quality (color diagrams are nice). I also liked the way they try to let you know what material you need to know for the mcat and what material is important as background knowledge. But it's probably a good idea to look at books from a few different publishers to see what fits your style. They all have a different strategy, and one might work better for you.

SanDiegoSOD said:
EK is only okay. I loved it before the actual test, but then I was a bit bitter when I was tested on things (mostly dealing with electrochemisty, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism) that EK claimed would NOT be on the test (I checked again afterwards to verify :D). I probably lost 1 to 2 points overall based simply on that fact. O-chem is also a bit undercovered by EK. However, they do a great job covering biology, and their verbal strategy makes the most sense to me. :luck:

Usually the material EK claims that won't be on the test is material that won't be needed to be memorized. The tested material, as EK correctly claims, is only the most basic science, everything else should be available in the passage. Are you sure those questions couldn't be answered with material inferred in the passages?

I thought EK's physical science prep was more thorough than any other source (they had way too much thermo for the mcat)!