Texas A&M Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my email today. Anyone has an idea of cost of tuition for a semester?

http://tamhsc.edu/education/finaid/forms1/cost-of-attendance/college-of-pharmacy-1314-coa.html

That was the COA for last year. I imagine it wouldn't be too much of a difference this year.

Members don't see this ad.

got an email acceptance around 1030am yesterday morning! for the college station campus. i dont plan on accepting, so hope that opens up a spot for one of yall to switch campus locations! and i didnt get a call either, just an email. good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
We cannot give up hope (yet)! Did you get accepted anywhere else?
No and I'm not surprised/: I got a really low pcat but everything else on my application is really good. I only applied to two schools this year to see what would happen and I got both interviews now I'm just waiting on acceptances:(

I have news guys. I asked for an update from one of the advisors and they informed me that only the first round of acceptances has gone out and the second round will go out next week

I have news guys. I asked for an update from one of the advisors and they informed me that only the first round of acceptances has gone out and the second round will go out next week
Thanks for letting us know! I was already losing hope lol

I dont want to break your hope (also mine), but I got a different answer: all the acceptance was sent out yesterday.

Well then we will just have to see. I don't know why an adviser would mention another round if there wouldn't be one. I will go ahead and provide my reasoning.
Interviews just finished up last thursday. It has only been 2 business days since then (I do not expect the admissions committee to meet on the weekend) and they went ahead and turned out responses. This can be looked at one of two ways, either they ranked everyone and went ahead and sent offers to the top 120 or they're sending out acceptance offers in batches because they are discussing different groups of applicants. If the first one seems more realistic because people have heard that all decisions were made, then there still will be a second round because some people are going to turn down their spot at TAMU for another school or a change of plans. The people who conducted the interviews (meaning the ones that guided you to your interview room and answered questions) specifically said that they are going to fill every seat because they do not want to withhold any opportunities from any students.
Additionally, this will trickle down all the way to July. I have known a couple of colleagues who were accepted into the TAMU program in mid July.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Well then we will just have to see. I don't know why an adviser would mention another round if there wouldn't be one. I will go ahead and provide my reasoning.
Interviews just finished up last thursday. It has only been 2 business days since then (I do not expect the admissions committee to meet on the weekend) and they went ahead and turned out responses. This can be looked at one of two ways, either they ranked everyone and went ahead and sent offers to the top 120 or they're sending out acceptance offers in batches because they are discussing different groups of applicants. If the first one seems more realistic because people have heard that all decisions were made, then there still will be a second round because some people are going to turn down their spot at TAMU for another school or a change of plans. The people who conducted the interviews (meaning the ones that guided you to your interview room and answered questions) specifically said that they are going to fill every seat because they do not want to withhold any opportunities from any students.
Additionally, this will trickle down all the way to July. I have known a couple of colleagues who were accepted into the TAMU program in mid July.
I emailed Dr. Sawyer and he said they will still be sending out acceptances within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like every single answer we get is different. I don't know what to believe anymore. Just keep waiting I guess.

I also called today and Cecilia told me that all the acceptances for the top students have already been sent out. Now as people decline admission, they'll go down the list and call students who are on the top of the waitlist. She said to be very patient because the wait can be months :/

I got accepted by Texas A&M and UT. I'm going to UT, so there is one spot for you guys :)

Texas A&M is the only school I've been accepted so far but I'm waiting on the University of Maryland and if I get accepted there, I'll give up my spot but don't lose hope guys. Stay Positive!!

I got accepted in the College Station group and I'm thinking that I will attend unless I hear from my first choice school.

First off, congrats to everyone who has been accepted! The crazy process is finally over. If you're still waiting, don't freak out. Last year lots of students were still getting acceptance letters up till the week before school started. My advice is to just breath and make sure you get all of your immunizations started. The hep. series is like a 6 month process do it now! If y'all have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Hello again! I just received my admissions offer for the Kingsville campus this morning! I was at work and my mother called me too excited to finish her sentences. I gave her the honor of opening it. Haha. I am accepting the offer and getting started on making sure I have all my immunizations asap! I couldn't be more excited to join the class of 2018! Congrats to everyone else who got accepted. And if you are still waiting - be patient, your letter will come! :)

Hello again! I just received my admissions offer for the Kingsville campus this morning! I was at work and my mother called me too excited to finish her sentences. I gave her the honor of opening it. Haha. I am accepting the offer and getting started on making sure I have all my immunizations asap! I couldn't be more excited to join the class of 2018! Congrats to everyone else who got accepted. And if you are still waiting - be patient, your letter will come! :)
Congrats!! Did you get an email or a phone call?

My admissions packet came via FedEx this morning. I actually haven't been checking my spam mail (oops) and I just went and checked right now and sure enough, I had received an email from them on Tuesday around 3:30.

My packet came today too but I was not in. They are going to redeliver tomorrow.

First, congratulations to those who have been accepted!! We are excited to meet all of you! Please make sure to join the facebook page for the class of 2018!!! Second, if you have not received an acceptance letter yet, do not lose hope! Acceptance offers will continue to go out and I have known classmates who were accepted the week before school started. Keep your chin up and take a deep breath. We understand the anxiety you are all feeling. If y'all have any questions, let us know. =)

First, congratulations to those who have been accepted!! We are excited to meet all of you! Please make sure to join the facebook page for the class of 2018!!! Second, if you have not received an acceptance letter yet, do not lose hope! Acceptance offers will continue to go out and I have known classmates who were accepted the week before school started. Keep your chin up and take a deep breath. We understand the anxiety you are all feeling. If y'all have any questions, let us know. =)
Would you please give me the facebook link? Thank you so much :) gotta find me a roommate.

Yes you should if Javelina Station is really what you wanted. During pre-orientation(sometime in late May) last year I remember the guys that were right behind me were not able to get a place there so I got pretty lucky!

Yes you should if Javelina Station is really what you wanted. During pre-orientation(sometime in late May) last year I remember the guys that were right behind me were not able to get a place there so I got pretty lucky!

Do you know any other nearby apartments that are pretty cheap?

Do you know any other nearby apartments that are pretty cheap?
Javelina Station is probably the only furnished place around here. There are definitely cheaper apartments around here but not furnished. If you join the facebook group, there is a file on there that compares the main apartments and their pricing.

Javelina Station is probably the only furnished place around here. There are definitely cheaper apartments around here but not furnished. If you join the facebook group, there is a file on there that compares the main apartments and their pricing.

Thanks! I haven't even been accepted to this school yet and I'm already searching for apartments lol :/

Make sure you keep crystal-clear records of all of your vaccinations! The office of experiential education surprised me on my last rotation as a student with A&M, with a "hey, we need clarification" email.

Congrats to all who get in, and best of luck to those waiting. It's a shame you never had the chance to meet James Robertson, one of our former deans. He was an awesome guy who personally invested himself in each member of the incoming classes. A real class act. Best wishes as you join our evolving program!

Make sure you keep crystal-clear records of all of your vaccinations! The office of experiential education surprised me on my last rotation as a student with A&M, with a "hey, we need clarification" email.

Congrats to all who get in, and best of luck to those waiting. It's a shame you never had the chance to meet James Robertson, one of our former deans. He was an awesome guy who personally invested himself in each member of the incoming classes. A real class act. Best wishes as you join our evolving program!

By any chance, do you know the contact number of the person that I can talk to about immunization? :)

By any chance, do you know the contact number of the person that I can talk to about immunization? :)
I'll let one of the on-campus students help you out there, though you're probably best served by calling the admissions office. Different people manage the P4 paperwork.

I just got accepted to my top school so I will be releasing my spot in College Station :)

Does anyone know how many declines kingsville had last year?

I am number 47 on the kingsville wait list and number 92 overall/: is it possible for that many people to decline?

Last edited:
They used to make it very clear that they would not reveal your place on the wait list.

Things are changing, indeed.
I was actually expecting him to tell me he couldn't reveal that information, but he did. I did ask how many declines there were last year and he told me he couldn't release that information.

Idk if I should send an application for apartments or not/: I don't want to get in last minute and then have no where to live. I just have no idea what my chances are at this point.

I am number 47 on the wait list out of 92/: is it possible for that many people to decline?
Do you mind sharing your stats? It would be really helpful for me to see appox. where I'm on the list. Only if you want to!

Your stats are probably better than mine:( My gpa is a 3.6 with a pcat of 43(I hadnt taken all of my pre reqs yet but oh well) my interview went well I think. My recommendation letters were from 2 pharmacists, with one being the manager, and my pre-pharmacy adviser. I started working at walgreens a few months after I graduated high school which was in August of 2012. I am apart of the pre-pharmacy organization and I also recently started volunteering in the pharmacy at one of the local hospitals in el paso. I put a lot of my stuff from high school since I barely graduated two years ago. I think what's bringing me down a lot is my pcat/: I'm just hoping for the best now.

Idk if I should send an application for apartments or not/: I don't want to get in last minute and then have no where to live. I just have no idea what my chances are at this point.
I did not start to look for an apartment until I came in for pre-orientation my first year. Everything will be okay. Everyone finds a place to live even if they are coming in at the last minute.

I am surprised you were told where you were ranked on the wait list. Hang in there and do not lose hope. =) Acceptance letters will continue to go out until school starts in August.

I'm about to send in my declination for the class of 2018 for College Station. I'd think that because this year is a bit different, with 33 students being placed in College Station, that there will be more declination's than usual.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not start to look for an apartment until I came in for pre-orientation my first year. Everything will be okay. Everyone finds a place to live even if they are coming in at the last minute.

I am surprised you were told where you were ranked on the wait list. Hang in there and do not lose hope. =) Acceptance letters will continue to go out until school starts in August.
I am too, I just hope I don't get in trouble for putting my rank on here. I mean if they couldn't tell me then they wouldn't have,but idk.:(