Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My gf just got her call this morning!!! I guess she will be moving in with my rents in kingsville

Members don't see this ad.

store-front11.jpg

Hey guys, I got a voicemail to call Dr. Robertson back! My question is, do you accept right away on the phone or do you get a day or two to decide? I feel bad asking him that question after getting a call in the first place! My only concern is UT should send out the rest of their emails tomorrow and I want to make an informed decision. Pre thanks for the info!

edit I just read this info and subsequent advice on an earlier page, never mind!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
:( still haven't heard anything..... .___. if I call, will they tell me my place? or whether I've been rejected or something?

They require the TD booster and I was wondering if I got the TDAP, would that be sufficient enough for the TD requirement? I was thinking that it should be good enough. :xf:

What's a UIN? Do we need to send in our immunization record with our acceptance packet?

What's a UIN? Do we need to send in our immunization record with our acceptance packet?

The UIN (University Identification Number) is a number given to students in the TAMU system (including subsidiaries such as the HSC). It basically takes the place of using your Social Security Number, hence adding an extra layer of security to any sort of forms or documentation that you need to submit.

A lot of items you have will need to wait until the UIN is issued. Only then can you be given access to a plethora of things. We typically only use the last 4 digits of our UIN for basic purposes at the CoP, but for things such as forgetting your password for your neo.tamu.edu account, you will need all digits.

As far as the immunization records go, I submitted them separately, but I cannot guarantee that is the case today.

I called asking about the UIN and was told to submit that form without it, so you can do it that way if you like.

Thanks. So, do we send in all the paperwork except for our immunizations since we can't do our TB yet?

If you've made TAMHSC your final decision, sure. Doesn't hurt to call them and ask as well, but at the moment, I believe they'll be ready to receive all documents from c/o 2016. If you've gotten emails from Mrs. de Leon or any of the TAMHSC staff about it, go ahead and do as they said.

Members don't see this ad :)
That looks like a mameshiba!! :)

Did you know? [insert random fact here]

毎日ひとつ~豆知識ランランラン~!

Sorry, I couldn't help it... orz

Last day of interviews today! Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

Last day of interviews today! Good luck everyone!:thumbup:
Yes Good luck! Even tho it doesnt seem like that hardly any SDNers got an interview... How many do u think they are interviewing, some 15 peeps?

So A&M is going to start calling people again after they finish interviewing some more people? I know they only called out the second week of march. I waited the entire week for Dr. Robertson to call =(

Anyone from UTPA get accepted??? Just out of curiousity lol

So A&M is going to start calling people again after they finish interviewing some more people? I know they only called out the second week of march. I waited the entire week for Dr. Robertson to call =(

He might be calling every two weeks considering thats how long people have to make their decision. Packets are due Monday, April 2nd so he might be making more phone call soon after that.

Anyone from UTPA get accepted??? Just out of curiousity lol

ME! but I graduated back in 2004...lol.

Is there a list of possible rotation sites? I was just wondering what was around Austin.

Is there a list of possible rotation sites? I was just wondering what was around Austin.

As a member of this year's graduating class, I don't believe there were any sites that were smack in the middle of Austin, so don't expect any rotations at Breckenridge, Seton, or the such.

Instead, I think most Austin-area rotations are in the northern suburbs of Austin. I know a few classmates who had sites in Georgetown, Round Rock, and Taylor. I might be missing a few other suburbs, so don't take that to be a comprehensive list. There were also a ton of students in Temple with Scott & White, but that's an hour north of Austin so that might be a bit outside of what you're thinking.

I hope that helps!

--Garfield3d

The rotations would only be for 8 weeks correct? I'm from Temple so I was wondering if I would get to spend the entire P4 year there or just one 8 week rotation.
As a member of this year's graduating class, I don't believe there were any sites that were smack in the middle of Austin, so don't expect any rotations at Breckenridge, Seton, or the such.

Instead, I think most Austin-area rotations are in the northern suburbs of Austin. I know a few classmates who had sites in Georgetown, Round Rock, and Taylor. I might be missing a few other suburbs, so don't take that to be a comprehensive list. There were also a ton of students in Temple with Scott & White, but that's an hour north of Austin so that might be a bit outside of what you're thinking.

I hope that helps!

--Garfield3d

The rotations would only be for 8 weeks correct? I'm from Temple so I was wondering if I would get to spend the entire P4 year there or just one 8 week rotation.

They're 6-week rotations, and I think this holds true for most pharmacy schools (or, at the least, UT students had the same 6-week duration that we had). It certainly is possible to spend your entire P4 year in Temple, although the actual sites that you get are somewhat chance-based, so your stated rotation preferences won't necessarily be what you put down. You might have an easier time getting sites in Temple by noting that you live in the area. For what it's worth, 4 out of my 6 rotations were in Temple, and I'm not originally from the area. The other two were in Waco and Cameron (both approximately 30-40 minutes away from Temple); and regardless, I lived in Temple for the entirety of my P4 year.

Do you possibly know any rotation sites in Houston? Thanks!

Houston is a big site for us, and I know a lot of students from our class were placed there too. I'm not sure exactly which hospitals everyone was at, but there were a lot of students around the Texas Medical Center.

--Garfield3d

Class of 2013 here (only one in the thread, AFAIK).

I'll refrain from joining the 2016 Facebook group for now, as I don't know if my experience is generalizable or relevant for you guys.

*but* I don't mind answering questions at all.

What are the best apartments nearby? I'm looking to have an own bedroom and bathroom. How are the rates, locations, etc?

What are the best apartments nearby? I'm looking to have an own bedroom and bathroom. How are the rates, locations, etc?

Well that depends on your definition of "nearby."

You have JS which is right across from the school that is fully furnished and you get your won bathroom/bedroom but it's the most expensive.

You have University Square right across of school too (1 bed/bath) but I would strongly suggest against it unless you dont mind insects and rodents as your roommates as some of my friends ended up with.

Santa Gertudis is just like 2-3 mins away

Kingsville Pointe is 7 mins away

Hawks Landing and Hunter's Cover (the 2 nicest) are probably closer to 10-12 mins away.

Does anyone know if or when more phone calls will go out?

Does anyone know if or when more phone calls will go out?

Phone calls can go out all summer till school starts in August. I know a fellow classmate who got the call on a Friday and the first day of school was Monday. She said it was completely unexpected and she had to quickly pack that weekend and head to Kingsville to be there by Monday.

I wonder how financial aid works in those situations.

So do we put TAMUHSC in College Station in for our school code on our Fafsa application becauseTAMUHSC in Kingsville is not an option

So do we put TAMUHSC in College Station in for our school code on our Fafsa application becauseTAMUHSC in Kingsville is not an option

I believe so because thats the code that the school website gives.

Will they be calling for interviews or are interview dates over??:(

Yes. This is the code.

Still waiting for the call :whistle:

Should I just call Dr. Robertson to inquire about my status? I'm nervous and scared.
Will he just tell me the standard stuff?

I called Dr.Robertson, and he gave me an estimate of my status. So if you really want to know, call.

What do we tell him? Because, last time I called, they said they cant' give me any information regarding the ranks.. Do we just ask him for the rank? :(

What do we tell him? Because, last time I called, they said they cant' give me any information regarding the ranks.. Do we just ask him for the rank? :(

Not sure how it works but I knew someone that called Dr. Robertson repeatedly (practically daily) asking for their status. This person eventually got accepted. Basically just display that you are still interested I guess?

Not so sure about that. Dr. Robertson was pretty specific about them using the point system.

i called and spoke to the director of admissions and wasn't really given any new information.

Any call back or information from them?
Waiting is tough!

Class of 2013 here (only one in the thread, AFAIK).

I'll refrain from joining the 2016 Facebook group for now, as I don't know if my experience is generalizable or relevant for you guys.

*but* I don't mind answering questions at all.
Another member of the class of 2013 here!! My rotations are in Temple and Dallas so if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Texas A&M-COP applicants! I never really post, just lurk, but I wanted to maybe ease the minds of some of you who are stressing by letting you guys know that my spot might open up for one of you if I get accepted to UT-COP. I was waitlisted #1 there, so I just have to wait and see. Hang in there!