MD & DO Texas Resident - cGPA: 3.38 sGPA: 3.21 (3.5 AACOMAS) 26 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killthemoonlight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Non-trad - graduated in 2010
Hispanic male, not economically disadvantaged (I also checked off "white" and "Asian")
Proficient in Spanish
Undergrad major: Nutrition

MCATs:
21 - scored this twice, 2011 & 2012 (Ill prepared)
26* (9 PS, 9 VR, 8 BS) April 2013
25* (8, 8, 9) - July 12, 2014 MCAT (Dropped a point)
*studied while working full-time. In a perfect world, I would have been able to take time off from my job to devout to breaking 30. Not gung ho on MD, FYI.

A little unclear on the bolded... Does that mean you weren't all excited about becoming a doctor? That you didn't care enough to devote sufficient time to studying? If that's what you mean/meant, then what the **** are you doing taking the MCAT three times? Why not just do something else?

Frankly, your MCAT and GPA are going to be a problem for you if you don't qualify as URM. (Filipino?) But your service to the under-served and disadvantaged is a strong positive. And you applied to all the TX schools and lots of DO. All I can say is good luck --

A little unclear on the bolded... Does that mean you weren't all excited about becoming a doctor? That you didn't care enough to devote sufficient time to studying? If that's what you mean/meant, then what the **** are you doing taking the MCAT three times? Why not just do something else?

Frankly, your MCAT and GPA are going to be a problem for you if you don't qualify as URM. (Filipino?) But your service to the under-served and disadvantaged is a strong positive. And you applied to all the TX schools and lots of DO. All I can say is good luck --

Perhaps I could've used a better word choice than "gung ho" -- I meant to say that I'm not dead-set on the MD route. I am excited to become a doctor, whether it be through MD or -- more likely -- the DO route.

Yes, I am Filipino and grew up in South Texas with a trilingual mother. I self-identify as Hispanic, culturally, although I wouldn't consider myself URM. Thanks for the feedback!