Texas schools waitlist 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kp11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start the waitlist thread for Texas schools so we can more accurately tell when movement on these lists are occurring.

UT-San Antonio
Kp11

UT-SW

UTMB-Galveston

UT-Houston

Baylor

TCOM

A&M

Texas tech-Lubbock

Texas Tech-El Paso

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really know, I just didn't want to leave anyone out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist for UTHSC-SA. Not sure how many people there are...could be hundreds on that list for all I know

Waitlist: UT-Houston, UTMB

Last edited:
Do you specifically get an email saying you're on the wait list?
Yeah I received an email from each school telling me I was on the waitlist. Not sure how much movement there is on each waitlist, but I matched to another school and am holding out finding a place to live and such until June 1st just in case I hear from one of those schools. Kinda sucks more waiting is involved but thats the name of the game I guess.

Yeah I received an email from each school telling me I was on the waitlist. Not sure how much movement there is on each waitlist, but I matched to another school and am holding out finding a place to live and such until June 1st just in case I hear from one of those schools. Kinda sucks more waiting is involved but thats the name of the game I guess.

That's weird.. I didn't get an email from UTMB at all. Do they not waitlist if you match?

I'm on the waitlist at UTMB. I'm very happy that I was accepted to A&M though so if I got pulled off the waitlist at UTMB I'm not sure what I would do as of right now.

Waitlist at UT houston…does anyone know when we can expect some movement?

Waitlist at UT houston…does anyone know when we can expect some movement?

The bulk of the waitlist movement won't come until May, with some maybe happening in late April. This really goes for all Texas schools. Basically, you're waiting for students to decline their Texas school offer and attend an out of state school or Baylor. Once that happens, people will get pulled off the waitlist of their higher ranked school, freeing up spots for other people at the school they matched to. For now, it's just a waiting game, so just try to go have some fun and enjoy your last semester of college!

Reactions: 1 user
The bulk of the waitlist movement won't come until May, with some maybe happening in late April. This really goes for all Texas schools. Basically, you're waiting for students to decline their Texas school offer and attend an out of state school or Baylor. Once that happens, people will get pulled off the waitlist of their higher ranked school, freeing up spots for other people at the school they matched to. For now, it's just a waiting game, so just try to go have some fun and enjoy your last semester of college!
Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy my last semester but it's hard not knowing what my future holds :( Thanks for the info though!

There is always summer, mshopeful!

I'm on the waitlist at UTMB. I'm very happy that I was accepted to A&M though so if I got pulled off the waitlist at UTMB I'm not sure what I would do as of right now.

I know, now that I am geared up for TTUHSC, a waitlist offer will come with mixed feelings. Congrats on A&M

How has the waitlist movement been so far?

I think someone got accepted off the UTHSCSA waitlist in March and recently someone else got off the waitlist in Texas A&M this week. Anyone else want to confirm or update how the waitlist has been for TX schools?

Kind of relevant but could you guys tell me y'alls stats? I am a sophomore and I have a 3.4 GPA. I live in Texas so I would like to be able to go to a medical school here.

Waitlisted at UTSW, UTMB, and A&M. Also interviewed at Baylor, but not too hopeful based on not being accepted at any other school...This really sucks. I thought my interviews went well everywhere except Baylor also.

Kind of relevant but could you guys tell me y'alls stats? I am a sophomore and I have a 3.4 GPA. I live in Texas so I would like to be able to go to a medical school here.
There's plenty of information in past threads. Right off the bat your GPA is too low. Raise it to a 3.7 or higher if you can. Kill your mcat, get some clinical experience, have fun, and be normal. You'll be fine.