Text Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ask1288

http://alturl.com/3bjy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a cc3 (soon to be cc4) and will i/a be pursuing neurology. Was wonderring what would be good text books /reference sources to read perhaps during 4th yr, or during intern year and beyond.

So i did ask a few people but wanted to increase the sample size :) Please contribute, so that hopefully we can get a good comprehensive list of resources:

will post what i got so far

1) My program director suggested i read the chapters related to neurology in Cecil's essentials of medicine as a 3rd or 4th yr and later get a good text like Meritt's

2) One community neurologist i worked with thought Merrit's was a difficult read. and Adams and Victors would be better

3) A book to definitely have in pocket especially when doing outpatient neuro or on a genral consult service "aids to the examination of the peripheral nervous system"

4) Douglas Gelb's essay on up to Date "The detailed neurological examination in adults" a must read (ps i read this and thought it was outstanding)

5) Case studies in neuroscience by Jozefowicz

tell us what you think
Aunali

Members don't see this ad.

No one? surely some of you read and have experience to suggest books now no?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a fan of Adams. I felt I was not retaining any of the information I read there and I always zzzzzzzzzz. I liked Merritt's better and used it when I typed up case reports.
I loved Neurology Secrets and Neurology for the House Officer as a clinical clerk.
As for learning to localize, I'm going to credit Snell's neuroanatomy.

I am loving Duus' neuroanatomy book. So far nothing I've read has compared to it in terms of having extensive detail while still correlating with clinical findings.