The Following WW sign up and Game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you think, despite info otherwise, that someone in uniform is a wolf. Despite this being a FBI v. the bad guys type game. Now like I said, I could be off base. But the logic here is faulty at best.

Almost feels like you're trying to convince other people.

I don't know anything about the tv show this is based on, I'm just going off of what I know about my role, one other persons roles, and the roles of the dead so far. All are villagers and none are FBI so far, so I think my assumptions so far are fine.

Anyways, I was looking for input since I wasn't sure, I could have easily outed this player but I didn't. If you guys all think it doesn't sound wolfy then I won't say who it is.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about the tv show this is based on, I'm just going off of what I know about my role, one other persons roles, and the roles of the dead so far. All are villagers and none are FBI so far, so I think my assumptions so far are fine.

Anyways, I was looking for input since I wasn't sure, I could have easily outed this player but I didn't. If you guys all think it doesn't sound wolfy then I won't say who it is.

Well, here's the write up from day 1:

The students and faculty at Winslow University are in a panic that perhaps the former professor Carroll will return to murder more of them. One individual in particular was convinced of their imminent demise. DocEspana paced the streets unable to sleep due to the dread he felt. He was so preoccupied with his thoughts of his death that he barely noticed the sun rising. As dawn broke his glee over his survival turned to terror when he stumbled upon the body of PrincessButterCup. Attached to the body is a note that reads: "We've had such great times my old friend. Sorry it had to end this way."

Dead is PrincessButtercup aka Ryan Hardy, the excellent profiler who was also quite the hothead and had the ability to snipe twice in the game. Who knows what this new murder will attract.

the stuff i made blue makes me think that the FBI are the good guys. Since profilers tend to be FBI. Granted I haven't seen this show.

What I don't get is why you would assume that uniforms would be bad when we have no evidence that they would be and the logical assumption based on the introduction should be that Carroll and his associates would be the bad guys/wolves.

Do you see why what you stated raised red flags for me?

Well, here's the write up from day 1:

the stuff i made blue makes me think that the FBI are the good guys. Since profilers tend to be FBI. Granted I haven't seen this show.

What I don't get is why you would assume that uniforms would be bad when we have no evidence that they would be and the logical assumption based on the introduction should be that Carroll and his associates would be the bad guys/wolves.

Do you see why what you stated raised red flags for me?

No, I get it. I should have read more closely, I just skimmed and don't know anything about the show so it was the fact that this person was conversing in a group that made me suspicious. The phrasing of it too (using the word fellow) just made me instinctively think wolf. But anyways, I'll drop it for now, going to just throw out a random ****lynch jilary**** since my phone battery is getting low

Members don't see this ad :)

From what I know, Ryan Hardy is an ex-FBI agent. He tracked down Carroll and arrested him before the 1st episode started. However, Hardy was injured during the arrest and ended up on medical leave. In the show, he works with the FBI, but I don't think he's an agent.

****Breaking News****
We interrupt your regularly programmed television to alert you to the fact that another victim of Carroll has been found. A body was located this morning in NYC badly mutilated. Identification was difficult although it appears the attack was on a random NYC citizen.

Dead is Chillbo, a random NYC citizen, aka vanilla villager
Our game write-ups say that the killings are done by Carroll and his followers, so I'm pretty sure the FBI are good guys.

To those who have seen the show - do Carroll and his followers wear any kind of uniform? If not, I'm pretty sure Cyndia saw a villager talking.

I actually disagree about Chillbo's death proving we have a noob wolf pack. Out of the players who are new enough to potentially not know Chillbo (Romoret, Promethean, Gwenevere, Jilary, and me), only Jilary wasn't around when this same mistake was discussed and used to decimate my wolf team in The Hunger Games. I think the rest of us would have that fresh in our minds and, if wolves, would choose victims more carefully. I definitely learned that lesson since it got me outed as a wolf. And, while you only have my word for it, I knew Chillbo was an infrequent player before the game started.

That leaves Jilary IMO as the player most likely to make this mistake. However, I would expect wolfmates to jump in and suggest someone else. I don't think it's possible to have a wolf pack so new or inattentive as to kill Chillbo and ignite villager fury when that destroyed the wolves in the previous game. I don't have any ideas about what else the wolves were thinking, though :shrug:

lynch jilary for now, but I can be swayed. What do all of you think of my reasoning?

I actually disagree about Chillbo's death proving we have a noob wolf pack. Out of the players who are new enough to potentially not know Chillbo (Romoret, Promethean, Gwenevere, Jilary, and me), only Jilary wasn't around when this same mistake was discussed and used to decimate my wolf team in The Hunger Games. I think the rest of us would have that fresh in our minds and, if wolves, would choose victims more carefully. I definitely learned that lesson since it got me outed as a wolf. And, while you only have my word for it, I knew Chillbo was an infrequent player before the game started.

That leaves Jilary IMO as the player most likely to make this mistake. However, I would expect wolfmates to jump in and suggest someone else. I don't think it's possible to have a wolf pack so new or inattentive as to kill Chillbo and ignite villager fury when that destroyed the wolves in the previous game. I don't have any ideas about what else the wolves were thinking, though :shrug:

lynch jilary for now, but I can be swayed. What do all of you think of my reasoning?

I think you are all over the place and basically contradicting exactly what you are saying.

Also where did this "noob wolf pack" thing come from? No one has mentioned anything about the wolf pack being noob/not noob.

I think you are all over the place and basically contradicting exactly what you are saying.

Also where did this "noob wolf pack" thing come from? No one has mentioned anything about the wolf pack being noob/not noob.

By contradicting yourself, you state you don't think it is a noob wolf pack, then you go ahead and try to spin around some logic for lynching someone you consider to be a "noob".

I was around for the hunger games. Yes I was killed early, but I never stop following a game after I die. I've also played a few games with chillbo in the lounge, enough to know he's an expienced player.

The chilbo thing I was just mentioning that he used to be much more active and played with more fervor in the old days. He might have lived longer if there was any sentimentality from those days with this current wolf pack. Or at least, that is me and maybe a couple other players here. So it was more me just musing about knocking off players from my suspect list using that quasi-logic.

Members don't see this ad :)
never seen the show.... wouild the locations have any relevance? The dead villagers seem to be from different cities
Main locations of the show seem to be NYC and DC so it makes sense that vanilla villagers would be citizens of those two locations. Location doesn't seem to be particularly important or emphasized in the show so far.

By contradicting yourself, you state you don't think it is a noob wolf pack, then you go ahead and try to spin around some logic for lynching someone you consider to be a "noob".

I don't think it's entirely a noob pack. I think there may be some newer wolves, but I thought a theory was going around that this was an all noob pack. I tried to argue that that theory doesn't make sense. I don't have a better-sounding theory, which is why I'm asking more experienced players for advice.

So far, I've seen a few people try to lynch me. I thought their logic was "Newer players would know less about WW etiquette, so they would be more likely to kill Chillbo." I guessed that I was heading the list because I made this mistake by killing SnS during the Hunger Games.

I apologize for the logic leaps. Right now, I don't have ideas that make sense. The best I feel I can do is post what I'm thinking and ask for advice.

Lynch LetItSnow

Because who doesn't like a good bandwagon? Vote is changeable if I look back in on discussion in time, but I have two exams on monday, so I can't hang around a lot.

unlynch Jilary so a villager with abilities stays alive. I'll wait to re-lynch

@LetItSnow, you better get on here now. There's a bandwagon on you.

Hrm. So we have Zen claiming vanilla, Jil with a verified something or other, and LIS up there for the tops. I am definitely not feeling the LIS vote. Promo's bandwagon is a nasty noob vote that might be a call to action for another harsh lesson. Still think I am okay with my gwen vote though.

I'm not really feeling any of the current lynch candidates so I'm going to stick with my vote from yesterday which was based on the slightest of feels

Lynch TP

Intermission of a show. I'll catch up on last few in more detail later but for now :

** Unlynch Jilary, Lynch Prometh**

Official Lynch tally
romo(0)--
gwen (1)--lupin
jilary (1)--romo,
zen (4)--wz, mj, dyachei, jilary
dvmd (1)--lis
LIS (2)-- doce, prometh
Prometh (2)--DVMD, FFM, romo, rojo
TP (1)--allie

you all are killing me with these ties

Lynch is closed.

You have lynched Promethean, a citizen of Virginia, aka a vanilla villager.

Night deadline is 10 am tomorrow.

That mini bandwagon againste was bull**** and we should lynch those folks. Im also kinda wondering why two people (at least) who KNOW I'm a villager didn't say something. Hmph.

That mini bandwagon againste was bull**** and we should lynch those folks. Im also kinda wondering why two people (at least) who KNOW I'm a villager didn't say something. Hmph.

I love you LeTitsNow.... but you're like me, a spontaneous bandwagon at any point is par for the course

Reactions: 1 user
Bad rojo, making a tie
My vote was over an hour before close.

And who cares if it's tied. It's all random bs at this point anyway. My goal was for LetItSnow not to die, because I didn't want to be responsible for that. I'm around today barring emergency surgery, so will be more on top of things

abandonment.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
My vote was over an hour before close.

And who cares if it's tied. It's all random bs at this point anyway. My goal was for LetItSnow not to die, because I didn't want to be responsible for that. I'm around today barring emergency surgery, so will be more on top of things
I shouldn't have left off the emoticon, didn't realize you would take me so seriously :p

Sorry I way overslept. night closed results pending

*****Breaking news*****
Early this morning the body of Carroll's son Joey was found dead in his bed by his mother Claire. It is believed to be the work of Carroll and his followers. If you have any information about the murder or the cult's whereabouts please contact the FBI.

Dead is dyachei, Joey, who would keep his mother Claire alive through love

Lynch deadline will be tomorrow at noon because i should be awake by then

1. @Gwenevre
2. @LetItSnow
3. dyachei: Joey
4. @DVMDream
5. @Romoret
6. @StartingoverVet
7. @allieh8607
8. @WhtsThFrequency
9. PrincessButterCup: Ryan Hardy
10. @WildZoo