the latest someone has gotten in off the waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigerlili

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, what is the latest date you have heard of someone getting off the waiting list?? I know D-school is going to start soon, but there is still a little bit of hope left in me that I will start fall '06.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I've heard about people getting the call on the first day of class. Though I'm not sure of that, and if it does happen, it must be rare. Not something to rely on.

one of our class mates last year got called on monday when orientation was wednesday..

the person that dropped out called the dean monday morning telling him, she wasn't felling it..

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a girl that received a call today that she was accepted for this year. She'll start next month... So, it's not too late :)

i know of a umdnj student that had gone through the first week of school, finally got into ucla and left umdnj...kinda late but possible

One of my classmates was #1 on the waitlist and was told to come and sit through orientation, just in case someone didn't show up. There ended up being an open spot and he was accepted after the 2nd day of school. The #2 person on the waitlist came out too, but she didn't get in.

An Arizona student 2 years ago was given the notice during the first week of school and left UNLV to come out here. I think they had family here or something, IIRC.

I'm in the same boat. I'm on the wait list at a couple of schools and am hopeful to get in at the last minute, but already have my application in for 2007 just in case. Best of luck.

My Kaplan instructor exactly told us today that one of his classmates (he's a third year dental student) got in the same day of classes because someone just didn't show up and he did (I don't really know why)..so they gave him the seat! He also said someone got really sick the first week of classes and admissions called another girl to see if she was still interested...soo I guess many things can happen!