The Official 5/31/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontrad777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

****ing ****** *** better be ****ing ***** or **** *** **** you. ************* *********er.

On a more serious note, 1h30min remaining.

****. Guys I just called and they said the scores will be up July 5th. Srs.

Not obvious joke to those of us freaking out.

This is a troll, please ban yourself.

I called and verified they will be released today at the latest 5pm eastern.

Members don't see this ad :)
How unnecessary to make us wait until after 5. Seriously. They already have our scores. Why do they make us wait even longer?. I need to know what I got so I can go cry in a corner and figure out what my next move will be.

How unnecessary to make us wait until after 5. Seriously. They already have our scores. Why do they make us wait even longer?. I need to know what I got so I can go cry in a corner and figure out what my next move will be.

im with you... i just want to know so i can move on with my life and send out apps or start prepping for retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
im with you... i just want to know so i can move on with my life and send out apps or start prepping for retake.

I agree. I keep checking this thread at work every 30 seconds. Then refreshing the score page. This is just cruel. I'm extremely unproductive today and my mind is somewhere else. Like on a bottle of tequila. Or shopping to buy myself something nice if all goes well lol

****ing serious you ****ing ass? **** you troll ****ing ****er

Shh-No-Tears-Only-Dreams-Now-Rustled-.png

Just got my score 31N SIGH thank god. I'm a little disappointed in my PS score. I thought I would do better, but I increased in verbal and BS. 10/11/10 Good enough for me.

Do you think the N will hurt me? My previous score was 28Q

AAMC Average: 31 (28-36 Range)
Goal: 33
Prediction: 24
Real: 29R

10 physical, 10 verbal, and 9 Biological. It's funny, I thought I murdered the bio and honestly flunked physical and verbal. I felt like bio was going to be a 13 or higher. I really wanted a 30 or better but I'm not going to retake this cycle. Crossing my fingers.

I find it ironic that my verbal increased by 2 points when I didn't see the score increase the entire time I was studying. And my PS stayed the same even though I studied a **** load and saw my scores increasing. Must be the physics that screwed me over. BS went up by one point.

Little disappointed.. but hopefully this is enough..

Kaplan avg = 34
AAMC avg = 34

Prediction: 34

5/31/12 score 31M (9V 11P 11B)

Oh well, Hopefully this is enough to get in somewhere. I was hoping I'd get a 35+ but I guess I kinda freaked out on test day. Maybe God is teaching me to not value a score so much but to trust in Him.

Congratulations for everyone to finish this gauntlet test.

WOOOOOO!@!

AAMC Average: 31
Predicted: 28-29
Goal: 32
Score: 30 O

good enough for me. done with this silly test FOREVER!! :laugh:

OK... I've got mine too... PS- 11 VR-14 WS- S BS-11... 36S... I am freaking out!!! Average on AAMC was a 33-34... Is that score too lopsided???

WOOHOO

AAMC Average: N/A since I didn't do any practice exams
Goal: 30+
Prediciton: 29-31
Actual: 36O (VR 10, PS 12, BS 14)

What the **** yes!!!!!

27O
Wanted to get at least a 30, but Im happy that I didnt get a 24 like I felt I did. Retaking aug 10th though

AAMC Average: 27
Goal: 28-29
Prediction: 22 Thought I got rocked on VR
Real: 27R

I'm probably the only one on this thread who wasn't taking the MCAT for medical school. 27 is more than enough for the AA programs I want to go to.

AAMC Average: 28
Goal: 31
Prediction: 30-33
Actual: 30Q (VR 9, PS 11, BS 10)

Man-o-man. I knew i was gonna retake if <30, not retake if >30.
30 was my bubble - sheeeeeetttt, decision time

Last edited:
AAMC Average: 31-32
Goal: 35
Prediction: 29
Real: 32P VR/PS/BS 9/12/11

My GPA totally sucks so I was really hoping for a 35.
I guess this is much better than my predicted score though. I thought I completely bombed the verbal when I walked out but thought I did really well on the physical and wasn't sure about biological.

But still... I didn't get anything below a 30 so halleluya.

AAMC average: 33-35
Goal: 33Q
Predicted after test: 30ish? I honestly had no idea. I knew I didn't bomb it but other than that no idea
Actual: 35Q!!!!!!! 12VR 11PS 12BS

Couldn't be happier. I'm actually shaking. Phewph.

AAMC average 30-31
Kaplan average 35

Time spent studying: Off and on from January to May with Kaplan Course. 2 weeks after finals before the test everyday ~6-10hrs.

Actual 32R (11PS, 11VR, 10BS)

I'm surprised that I did the worst in bio thinking it went the best. I thought I screwed up PS a lot worse due to several miscalculations and really really dumb mistake (if anyone remembers a certain triangle, I literally spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to do cosine theta, gave up, and guessed wrong. I realized it halfway through VR and that kinda through me off. Know for a fact I got at least 5 wrong in this section.

VR was about what I expected. Seemed somewhat easier on actual exam. I had about 13 minutes to do the last two sections but somehow finished right on time. My practice scores ranged from 8-12 and averaged at about a 10.

BS was really a surprise. I was expecting a 12-13 after taking the actual exam. BS was always my strongest practice section and what kills me the most about my lower score is that I think a few ochem questions killed it (I teach ochem and left the test wondering what the heck I had been thinking). Knew of about 3-4 I got wrong in this section for sure.

Writing: I thought my essays sucked. I realized at the end of the first one that I hadn't really answered the prompt fully, so I just randomly injected sentences that would support my arguments. I guess it worked. I'm usually a pretty strong writer though, so I'm sure that helped. I used the writing section to refresh myself and get over how bad I thought I did in PS and VR.

For those worrying about their score during the wait month, I simply wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing you can do now and killing yourself over which ones you got wrong is not going to help you any. I left the test feeling like I should have voided. I had nightmares and got about 3-4hrs of sleep each night for the weekend after the test. I was sure that I got around 25-28 and was prepared to sign up for a retake in August after I got these scores back. I'm very pleased with an average score considering how much time I was able to devote to studying.

So yeah, this confirms my suspicion that if the person taking MCAT is majoring in any biology/chemistry-related fields in UG, and pays attention to the stuff being taught, the BS section on the MCAT is pretty trivial. All in all I spent the least amount of time reviewing that section (maybe 4 hours on biology stuff, 4 hours on ochem stuff, on/off reading off the kaplan MCAT textbook, didn't even touch any practice question / answers) and still got a 14 in it.

Not disappointed about my VR 10 score but not excited about it either, Canadian medical schools are the most picky on this score and I might get left in the cold at some point cuz of this. My own fault though, I did not practice for VR at all, none. Only thing I skimmed about it was the general kaplan "verbal reasoning section strategy" section in its textbook. Ah well.

Lets hope 10/12/14 isn't too lopsided.

AAMC Average: 34 (33-36)
Predicted: 34-35
Actual: 33S

Pondering a retake. What are the downsides of a retake? I dont think i can possibly get below a 33.