The Official January 23, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjcarter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a thread for the last ever test day of the current MCAT. I'm dreading studying but I should probably start soon. Who else is taking this day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It's so funny how you mentioned your dream I had the exact same dream I could of swear. The exact same thing. I started at 40 then each section score started to decrease it was like a slot machine hahahhaha with number rolling. It's weird how we both had the same dream hahha ha

Haha exactly! Just like a slot machine!! It hurts my heart every time.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol how are any of us supposed to know if there are experimental q's or not? Unless you work for AAMC or have family members/close friends who do, I doubt anyone could know for sure.

And even then, I highly doubt anyone would risk their confidentiality agreement to tell any of us.

Reactions: 1 user
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32 (note: retake average, all retakes excluding AAMC VB, using a VB avg of 10 from other VB sources)
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (note: only retook test 10)
Post test expected score: 26-29
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)

Literally had a heart attack when I saw cafeveron's post....
AAMC average: 32 (note: retake average, all retakes excluding AAMC VB, using a VB avg of 10 from other VB sources)
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (note: only retook test 10)
Post test expected score: 26-29

LOL SMH. Please Please Please God, I will do a nice thing for someone every single day for the rest of my life. Just let me hit this once.

Gonna start breaking everything and burning all mcat books if there ends up being no experimental questions. God, that post is worse than a doctor giving you the bad news. Think I might start drinking today in prep for tomorrow. Checking out till d-day i guess. Peace fellas. It's been super fun checking in and out. will be back tomm .

Hey guys, 1/15 taker here. I know how anxious you all must be feeling right now :nailbiting: I actually slept worse the night before score release than before the actual MCAT lol. The wait is hell, but you're almost there! Have faith in your FL average, and GET OFF SDN haha. Some of my good friends also took this final iteration of the old MCAT, so I'll be rooting for you all :thumbup:

Reactions: 3 users
I've been trying to improve my karma for tmrw by giving random homeless people change who I would otherwise ignore

Reactions: 5 users
@mcat_taker: If giving change to homeless people were an MCAT section, you would get a 1.

I, on the otherhand, have been methodically using the Kaplan method to eliminate incorrect homeless people, and only giving change to the correct bums. I found that reading the question stem on their cardboard signs helped me to narrow down the answer.

Anticipated homeless section score: 10

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1424735434.902161.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
AAMC average: 35
AAMC 10-11 average:10 I got a 36, 11 I got a 32
Post test expected score:28 (feel like I got screwed by PS, and know I changed 5 right answers to wrong. Don't remember much about verbal or Bio)

AAMC average: 37
AAMC 10-11 average:36
Post test expected score:32(10/10/12) (run short of time in PS, which used be my best part. damn it)

Last edited:
Ughh I have an exam tomorrow at 3:30! I guess I will wait until after to check scores, as I don't want to crush my soul right before a test, but I'm so curious is it killing me! idk what is worse...:unsure:

Edit: Removed because I don't even want to vaguely hint at anything for fear of the wrath of the AAMC. But there's truly no point speculating! I just didn't want people freaking out over something I know is not true.

Bro, you better lay low for a while

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1424741059.872546.jpg

We should start telling each other the pros about the 2015 exam you know... In case.... The unthinkable will happen... The one which no one must speak.

1.) The new exam gives you amazon gift cards. Yay.

We should start telling each other the pros about the 2015 exam you know... In case.... The unthinkable will happen... The one which no one must speak.

1.) The new exam gives you amazon gift cards. Yay.

Well some of us are going to be eliminated from going to med school in the US tomorrow. For example, I have a horrid 1st mcat score, and didnt feel 2 great about this retake. Pretty sure taking the mcat a 3rd time on an even harder/longer test after 2 failed attempts means I cant be a doctor.

Well some of us are going to be eliminated from going to med school in the US tomorrow. For example, I have a horrid 1st mcat score, and didnt feel 2 great about this retake. Pretty sure taking the mcat a 3rd time on an even harder/longer test after 2 failed attempts means I cant be a doctor.

Orrr.... It could also show perseverance. Iv read about some people taking it 3 times and getting in! I think 3 is the limit, 1St can be blown off because you didn't know how bad MCAT was, 2nd didn't quite get there 3rd killed it enough to get accepted into at least 1 school anywhere in the US.

If the thing we must not speak of happens I promise you there will be a whole bunch of people who failed at the old MCAT and have to continue to the new one. Even if they failed twice.

I feel like I've already convinced myself that I'll be taking the new MCAT :(. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Maybe I'll surprise myself.

I am ready to see my terrible grade. I had to drive 8 hrs to a ship dock to get my car onto a ferry across the lake just to get to the city of my testing center... Arrived at the hotel super late, got a few hrs of sleep and ended up dosing in and out of sleep during the exam. I am ready to sign up for 2015. I just hope that my score isnt less than my first score from last year, which was 11-6-10. I highly feel like it will be :-(

So I planned out my entire MCAT 2015 study schedule leading up to the May exam. I wanted to do this so that in case my score isn't ideal tomorrow, I'll already have mentally prepared myself and ill hit the books immediately and channel all the emotions into studying longer and harder.

all day yesterday the mcat was haunting me im so scared i do not want to go to class today or do anything can i hide in my bed all day?
i also want to drink before i check my score

I stayed all up all night refreshing aamc webpage
And praying for My lord
This is nerves breaking
I don't know anymore. Is it possible that aamc could release score earlier than 3-5 pm

I stayed all up all night refreshing aamc webpage
And praying for My lord
This is nerves breaking
I don't know anymore. Is it possible that aamc could release score earlier than 3-5 pm
Not really. They'll be posted around 3:20ish EST most likely. That seems to be the trend.

I know for the last two release dates the AAMC twitter account tweeted that the scores were released at 12:15 PM. I'm in central time, so I'm not sure if the time it posted is in EST or not.

My neighbors better know the volume's gonna be up loud on some serious dance hall reggae today.

Last edited:
Couldn't sleep well last night, I kept having nightmares. Those last hours feel like days, I can't wait anymore!!!

Who was it that was talking about a slot machine score? That was my nightmare all last night: I checked, saw a good score, and as I watched it went down, down, down...

@fatizzle not a bad plan. Maybe I'll do that to ease my nerves today.

Eep!

Reactions: 1 users
Who was it that was talking about a slot machine score? That was my nightmare all last night: I checked, saw a good score, and as I watched it went down, down, down...

@fatizzle not a bad plan. Maybe I'll do that to ease my nerves today.

Eep!

Hahha I hear your pain. I had the exact dream and someone else on this forum did too but can't remember scree name.
Well let's see how we all do since we have had the same dream

Reactions: 2 users
This is extra agitating because its not like we can just take this thing again if we don't do as well. We have to go thru the torture of studying for a new test. This test is probably the toughest struggle I've had to deal with yet. Good luck !!!

Hi All, long time lurker but I'm like

Four Five Seconds from wildin'
And we got three more days 'til Friday
Just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'
I swear I wish somebody would tell me
'Cause that's all I want

Good Luck to all of us!!

Reactions: 2 users