The Official July 2, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnytest

MS-4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it this July 2nd?!

Members don't see this ad.

Six days guys! I am going to be in lab-- since everyone knows I will be looking at score, it will be really awk if it goes really badly lol

Amber, don't get too down. I think everyone is usually a little disappointed on PS performance and lingers on stupid mistakes as if it were the end of the world. Some (not all) are pleasantly surprised by score nonetheless.

Reactions: 1 users
How did you feel about rest of passages

I felt pretty good about the rest of the six passages. I felt that they weren't as tricky as the passages on kaplan or aamc practice tests. However, there was some questions that I wasn't 100% sure on the answer, probably four questions (incorporation and application questions). The verbal section was the section that I always performed the worst on during practice tests, so it is no surprise to me that it was the toughest section on the real exam. I just really hope that I can get at least a 9 because if I get something lower I'll have to re-take the mcat and that will mean my application will be reviewed super late in this application cycle. I'm really nervous about this Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a real issue with timing which I didnt on the practice tests. I only got the timing on Verbal right. thought i was doing well on timing on Bio but for some reason had limited time left by the end. But it was not nearly as bad as PS. I blew my timing on the PS. Its sad because I did so well on my AAMC practice tests and had no indication that I needed to practice timing except for verbal.

I agree with shh-pthway, dont get too down. I made dumb mistakes on the physical and biological section because I was nervous, and I ran out of time on the verbal, which you nailed, so that's awesome. Since the scale for the physical section is more lenient than the verbal and biological section that should help you. I really hope you are pleasantly surprised with your score.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have now had two dreams where I've received a 1 second snapchat of my score and wasn't able to get a good look at it. . . Whyyyyyyyyy?

Reactions: 5 users
From what I reckon, based on everyone's post test reactions, each section of the test was hard for at least someone. It seems PS more than BS than VR. So, if we feel like this chances are the people who answered our questions as experimental questions in a previous test, probably felt the same way. I think each section will be curved in some way compared to the AAMC scale. Just how much, we can't know exactly.

In other news, who else plans on going at the score webpage like this (formatting got messed up):
Expectation: Reality:
2w2f0gx.jpg
veq1dz.png

I was doing so well forgetting about the MCAT...and then I got my gift card in the email...and then I remembered about SDN...
:( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Broadway show/ science papers for work/ drinking this weekend... hopefully it will keep my mind off of looming score day

its good you all have such diverse hobbies

I can't imagine what this month's wait would have been like if I had nothing to do...

Because honestly I haven't even been thinking about this test. This last month has been awesome lol

maybe its because im in canada again for undergrad, the schools here take your best mcat with no concerns if youve written it a bunch of times. i messed up july 2nd, scored it, and now im writing again tomorrow! no stress, no pressure. ill still need some opiates to numb myself on tuesday but for now, everything is fun and dandy!

not really too big into the video games, but I can agree completely about enjoying this month! it's been amazing not studying. I want it to never end haha

I haven't played League of Legends in months! I'll probably know my MCAT score before the game finishes updating smh lol

Just took a look at my AAMC practice exams i took a week before writing this test. I should feel fine but still feel like crap :(
PS/VR/BS
2eb9wqv.png

Just took a look at my AAMC practice exams i took a week before writing this test. I should feel fine but still feel like crap :(
PS/VR/BS
2eb9wqv.png

I think you are in for good news Tuesday, especially since verbal was on easier side

Last edited:
Just got an email from AAMC trying to sell me their "official pre-med package" to help me prep for the MCAT / apply.

Facepalm...

Just got an email from AAMC trying to sell me their "official pre-med package" to help me prep for the MCAT / apply.

Facepalm...

LOL

'Heres a package to help you prep for mcat'

"uh i just wrote it..."

'seeing your score, you probably shouldn't have...awkward'

lol I'm not signed up for a future date but I also got it........ twice.

guess I should be signed up for a future date lol